Not-So-White Taemin [Part. 2]

SHINee Princess Series

 

At dawn, Key already woke up and getting dressed, feeling especially happy because of the previous night. After he took a luxurious bath, he went to his make up table and shocked because he just realized that he only had few more bottles of bb cream left. But he still put some on and went to the throne room, waiting for good news from Jonghyun.

 

Jonghyun went back to the castle bringing a pig’s heart inside a pouch to Key,

“This is Taemin’s heart as you wish” and took out the pouch from his pocket.

“Good job, Jonghyun” Key smirked, “And put that back in, it must be gross, throw it away somewhere”

“Yes, Your Majesty”

“And for the rest of your payment, I will give that to you in a few days. I need to buy my makeup first. You may leave” Key said.

“Yes, Your Majesty” 

 

 

That night, Taemin walked and walked around the dark forest, looking for a shelter on the cold night,

“Is there really a house around here? It’s so cold… I can’t even drink banana milk…” Taemin muttered to himself, “What if there’s suddenly animals attacking me?”

But right then he saw something bright behind a big tree, he had his hopes up and went to that direction.

 

He saw a big house with a sign “Onew” and a cute doodle of a chicken on the door, Taemin smiled. He entered the house, (imagine it is like Frodo’s house from LOTR)

 

“Hello… Anybody here?” Taemin asked, but nothing could be heard. He pouted, but then he saw a fridge, his face lit up,

“Banana milk!” He shouted and run to the fridge. But after opening the fridge, he pouted again, “No banana milk” he said disappointedly. There were only boxes of chicken on the fridge with different labels on each box,

 “Black pepper” Taemin read one of the label on the box,  “Fried, roasted, spicy.. Why there’s no banana milk flavored chicken?” He asked himself and closed the fridge.

Taemin then walked around the house and found a big bed on one a room, “Since no one’s here, I’ll just sleep” He said and yawned. He lied on the bed and fell asleep.

 

 

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>< 

 

 

Meanwhile in the castle, the morning after Taemin’s gone…

Key was on his throne room, feeling devastated, along with the royal advisor who was kneeling before him.

“No way! Are you sure the shops are closed?! I asked you since two days ago!” Key shouted to the royal advisor, he walked back and forth in front of his seat.

“Yes, Your Majesty. All Etude House, Missha, Skin79 and Skinfood stores are all went bankrupt in the town. They wouldn’t open anymore”

“WHY?! It’s not like I could buy bb creams anywhere in this Kingdom” He threw his hands up, shouting angrily.

“The taxes we demand are too high, they can’t pay so they decided to close their business”

Key slumped in his seat, hands covering his face dramatically, “Oh my god. My life is over.. No way I can survive with my remaining products..”

Then he glanced to the royal advisor who was still kneeling, “You just go! GO!” he shouted and pointed the door.

“Yes, Your Majesty”

 

 

“La la la-la la la, sing a happy song~” An elf opened his house on the morning after he went back from his work, “I am so sleepy, I want to sleep..”

When he opened his bedroom door, he was surprised because he saw someone was sleeping peacefully on his bed.

“Who is this?” He circled his bed and investigating Taemin who was sleeping intently.

The elf then stopped and poked Taemin’s arm repeatedly until he woke up,

“AAAAAA It hurts!” Taemin rose from the bed and soothing his arm,

“Who are you and what are you doing on my bed?” The elf asked, eyes narrowing.

“Ah, are you the owner of this house?”

“Yes, I am” He nodded,

Taemin smiled and offered his hand to the elf, “My name is Taemin, the prince of this Kingdom. Nice to meet you, Mr.…”

“I am Onew. What does the prince doing in my house?” Onew shook Taemin’s hand.
 

Upon hearing Onew’s question, Taemin’s face became sullen “My daddy wants to kill me. I was brought here by a huntsman, but he let me go and I found your house. There was no one in this house so I sleep here” He explained

“The King wants to kill you?” Onew was shocked and Taemin nodded,
“That’s what the huntsman said. Umm.. Can I live here? I don’t have anywhere to go to..” Taemin made a pleading face,

“Sure! Welcome here, Taemin” Onew patted Taemin’s shoulder and gave him a toothy smile.

“Thank you Onew” Taemin smiled at him too.

 

Onew was a really nice elf, he worked as a miner and work at night until morning. He loved chicken more than anything and he loved to sing. He treated Taemin so well during his stay in his house.

 

 

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>< 

 

 

It has been a week since Taemin had gone, the mirror back to say Key was the fairest. Key felt so happy because he thought his effort on getting rid of Taemin to make him the fairest was a huge success.

 

“This is my last bottle of Skin Malgeum..” Key said darkly, he was pouring the product into a cotton pad, “What if the wrinkles start to appear? Even Taemin has gone..” he said to himself.

After finishing his whole night-time skincare routine, Key went to the secret room where he kept his magical mirror,

 

“Mirror mirror in the wall, who’s the fairest of them all…” He asked,

“It is Taemin, Your Majesty”

Key froze in disbelief, “Taemin has died! Now who’s the fairest?” He shouted.

“Taemin isn’t dead. There’s something wrong with my navigation on these past days. But Taemin is alive and he’s the fairest” The mirror answered.

“NO WAY! Taemin is dead! I already ordered Jongyun to kill him! Even if he failed, there’s no way Taemin could survive in the dark forest!” Key screamed.

“He is not, Your Majesty. He’s living on an elf’s house inside the dark forest. He’s still alive and healthy”

 

Key sighed in anger, “Stupid huntsman! I know I should do this myself”

“Taemin is the fairest, Your Majesty” The mirror repeated,

“SHUT UP YOU FREAKING MIRROR!” Key shouted and stormed out of the secret room and went to his makeup table.

 

He started using his makeup knowledge to disguise as a prince,

“In all Snow White stories, the queen always disguise as an old hag” He said to himself “I can never look at myself as an old hag, it’s too horrible. I am this gorgeous, I should disguise as a princess” He shrugged.

 

After few hours, Key finished disguising himself as a princess. He was proud of his work because from any angle, you couldn’t tell it was Key.

“Now you will completely disappear from this world, Taemin” He laughed.

 

Still that night, Key went to the kitchen and took one bottle of Taemin’s banana milk, then he pour the poison he’d prepared before. The poison made one who drank it went into sleeping death state. The sleep could only be cured by the power of true love’s kiss.

“There’s no way that elf could woke Taemin up. He might think Taemin is dead and bury him!” Key said happily, “This plan is perfect!”

Key put the poisoned banana milk into his pocket and went outside the castle.

 

Key went to the dark forest that night, wearing a cape that covering his face and his body. It’s not that long until he found the house Taemin stayed at, since it was the only house around there. He then opened his cape and walked closer to the house and knocked the door.

“Yes?” Key could heard someone shouting from inside, “It’s Taemin’s voice” Key smirked.

 

When Taemin opened the door, Key started to act as a wounded princess,

“Could you please help me? There’s someone chasing me” Key said, pretending to be scared.

“You can come in first” Taemin said with a smile. After Key was inside the house, he started his fabulous acting,

“There’s someone chasing me since this evening. I was so scared, I don’t know where I should go.. It’s so dark already and you’re my only hope.. Please help me..” He cried, “Please..”

“Sure.. What can I do for you?” Taemin asked, voice full of concern.

“Can I stay here for the night?” Key pleaded and Taemin nodded, “Sure! You can sleep here”

“Thank you so much..” Key wiped his fake tears. “I only have this with me, but you can have it” Key took out the poisoned banana milk from his pocket slowly and offered it to Taemin.

Taemin’s face immediately lit up upon seeing banana milk, “Can I?” He asked with a smile on his lips,

“Yes, you can. This is the only thing I have to return your kindness”

“Thanks! I’ve been craving for banana milk since forever!” Taemin took the banana milk from Key’s hand.

“You can drink it now if you like” Key said with a smile.

Taemin, who was craving for banana milk since he hadn’t drink it after he left the castle, immediately jabbed the straw and drink the banana milk, not knowing Key was smirking.

 

“Goodbye, Taemin” Key whispered and that was the last thing Taemin heard before he fell onto the ground and everything were black.

“No one could defeat me.. You can’t defeat me..” Key laughed, “Have a nice sleep forever, Taemin” Key Taemin’s hair once before he quitted Onew’s house and back to the castle.

 

 

When morning came, Onew went home as usual after his work. He opened the door to his house and was shocked because he saw Taemin was lying on the floor with spilled banana milk beside him.

"Taemin?" Onew said as he poked Taemin's arm, but Taemin didn't react.

"Taemiiiiiin" Onew tried again but his effort was useless. "What happened to Taemin?" He asked worriedly.

Then Onew saw the spilled banana milk and collected some on his index finger and sniffed it.

“This smells like…” *insert Sherlock Holmes theme song* “A poison..”

Then he it and tasted it for a moment, “Yes it is! This is the true love kiss poison!” Onew said (well, he’s an elf, that poison didn’t make any effect on him).

“That means… Taemin will be asleep until someone kisses him.. His true love…” Onew began tearing, “Poor little thing..” He Taemin’s head.

 

 

Key woke up especially happy that morning, knowing that Taemin was no more in his way. He opened his eyes and rubbed them gently, then he rose from his bed and stretched his body, smiling. He stepped down from his bed and walked to open the door to his balcony,

“Good morning sunshine” He said as he stood in his balcony, smiling the whole time, “Today weather is so fine, makes he happy” He said.

 

After Key took a bath and did his morning skin-care routine, he went to his secret room,

“Mirror mirror in the wall, who’s the fairest of them all…” He asked, as per usual.

“It’s you, Your Majesty” The mirror answered

Key smirked in victory, “I know I am. I’m just testing you” Then he walked out of the room to eat his breakfast.

 

 

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>< 

 

 

Two months passed, Taemin was still in his eternal sleep. Onew put him inside a glass coffin and placed it in front of his house. He decorated the coffin with flowers and leafs and always cleaned it everyday.

 

 

“My life is over… No way.. No way…” Key’s eyes started to become glassy as he squeezed his last bottle of bb cream, “There should be some left..”

But no matter how much he squeezed it, there’s nothing came out.

“No way.. No way…”

Just then, there’s a knock on his bedroom,

“Your Majesty, Kim Jonghyun is looking for you”

 

Somehow that sentence made him angrier, so he slammed down the bb cream to the table and stormed out of his bedroom, leaving the royal advisor super surprised in front of his bedroom door. Key walked as fast as possible to his throne room, spotting Jonghyun who was standing in front of his throne.

 

Seeing Key, Jonghyun was going to kneel initially, but Key stormed into him and grabbed his collar,

“Whattheareyoudoinghere? Youdidn’tevenkillTaeminandyoucamehere?! And I ran out of my bb cream because of you didn’t kill Taemin I still have to do my makeup as perfect as I can or else..” Key spoke way too quickly, all in one breath while still grabbing Jonghyun’s collar.

“Whoa whoa..” Jonghyun stepped back to avoid Key’s rage, but Key stepped on his foot so he lost his balance and they fell, Key landed on top of Jonghyun.

“That hurts you stupid!” Key screamed and he slapped Jonghyun’s chest.

“I am so sorry, Your Majesty” Jonghyun spoke quickly and helped Key to stood on his feet,

“I apologize, Your Majesty” Jonghyun bowed after Key was standing properly.

“Apologize your ! I hate you so much Kim Jonghyun, you stupid huntsman!” Key screamed again and Jonghyun could see his eyes were teary.

“I came here to apologize about Taemin, your Majesty” Jonghyun bowed his head, he felt bad after seeing Key like that.

 

“Forget about that! I already know you didn’t do your job! And because of that my BB cream… BB cream..” Kay started to sniffle, he brought his hands up to cover his face.

Jonghyun frowned, “BB cream?”

“Yes BB cream! That’s my life. I don’t have any right now! I can’t live..” Key spoke but muffled by his hands, but still Jonghyun could hear him.

“Ah! Do you know South Korea?” Jonghyun suddenly said, “My relative there said they have endless supplies of BB cream!”

Key’s face lit up, “Really? Where is South Korea?”

“I can take you there, Your Majesty. That way I can show you my apology” He said with a smile.

“Really?” Key wiped his tears, “Is that far from here?”

“Very far. But I promise I will take you there, Your Majesty, whatever it takes”

Key bit his lips and nodded, “Can we go now?”

“Sure!” Then Jonghyun took Key’s hand in his, Key didn’t resist.

They started their journey to South Korea, a place where BB creams have endless supplies.

 

 

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>< 

 

 

“Siwon daddy, I’m going!” Minho said as he got up to ride his horse.

“Be careful, son” King Siwon replied charismatically, as he waved 3 of his fingers. (Siwon’s signature wave, you know it right? Hahaha)

 

Minho was already on his third month looking for Taemin. He didn’t get any news relating to Taemin and that frustrated him. He needed to find Taemin and brought him to his father, King Siwon, and asked for permission to marry him.

“Taemin.. Just where are you right now?” Minho sighed.

 

That day, he went to the dark forest near the woods where he first met Taemin. He was skeptical at first, thinking that how can Taemin was in the dark forest. But trying didn’t hurt, so he went inside the dark forest. He was riding his horse deep enough inside the dark forest until suddenly he saw a glass coffin in the middle of the forest.

“What is that?” He asked himself, and he went there.

 

Onew was sweeping fallen leaves in front of his house, when he looked at Taemin’s coffin he sighed,

“Until when you will sleep, Tae..” He spoke to Taemin and wiped the glass surrounding Taemin’s body.

 

When Onew was watering the flowers on Taemin’s coffin, someone with a horse came,

“Who are you?” Onew asked him.

“I am Prince Minho from Shisus Kingdom. May I ask who’s inside that beautiful glass coffin?” Minho answered as he stepped down from his horse.

“This is my friend, but he was in his eternal sleep because he’d been poisoned” Onew said as Minho walked closer to his direction.

 

When Minho saw who was inside the glass, his breath hitched,

“TAEMIN?” He exclaimed.

“You know him?” Onew exclaimed too.

“I fell in love with him. How can he become like this?” Minho was so saddened by Taemin’s condition. He was looking for Taemin for such a long time, and when he finally met him, Taemin was in his eternal sleep.

 

Upon hearing Minho’s answer, Onew smiled, “Prince Minho, can you kiss him?” He suddenly asked.

“Yes?” He was surprised by Onew sudden request, his face was full of question mark.

“Taemin was poisoned and his sleep could only be cured by the power of true love’s kiss. If you truly love him then maybe you can wake him up”

Minho was thinking for a moment, “I can try..” He said and Onew clasped his hands in happiness.

Both of them removed the glass first, then Minho caressed Taemin’s cheek with his finger, admiring how perfect he was even when he’s sleeping. He took a breath, then he looked at Onew’s direction, Onew nodded in agreement and smiled.

 

Then Minho leaned down and finally kissed Taemin’s lips gently. He waited for a moment, and suddenly Taemin opened his eyes.

 

“Minho?” Was Taemin first word after he woke up, “What happened?”

Minho was so happy and he hugged Taemin, “Finally I found you” He whispered in his ear.

 

Taemin then looked to his left and he saw Onew, and he smiled to him while Minho was still hugging him.

“Mind explaining what happened to me first?” Taemin said.

 

 

Onew explained everything once three of them were inside his house. About Taemin being poisoned, and had been sleeping for the past 3 months. Then Minho also told him about his journey to find Taemin because he fell in love with him since they met on the forest. And Taemin also told Minho that he was actually a prince.

 

“So, Prince Taemin. I found you and I want to ask you..” Minho kneeled on one knee in front of Taemin and took Taemin’s hand in his, “Would you marry me?”

Taemin smiled,

“Yes, of course. I love you too, Minho”

 

Minho got up and hugged Taemin. They looked into each other’s eyes happily, and when Minho leaned closer to kiss Taemin, Onew suddenly said, “Oh, the chickens on my workplace told me that King Key was already gone since few weeks ago with a huntsman to South Korea and now the Kingdom didn’t have anyone who rule. You’re the prince of that Kingdom, right Taemin?”

“Yes, I know I should rule the Kingdom” Taemin answered, laughing.

 

 

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>< 

 

 

After asking permission from King Siwon, Minho married with Taemin and they live on Taemin’s Kingdom happily ever after.

 

The end.