Not-So-White Taemin [Part. 1]

SHINee Princess Series

 

“Mommy.. Don’t go…” A 9 year-old crown Prince Taemin sobbed beside the Queen’s coffin, “I know daddy is also act like you but I would be lonely if you’re not here..”

“Your highness, it’s time to go..” The royal advisor said to Taemin. He slowly nodded and walked out of the room. He saw his stepfather, The Almighty King Key.

 

A month before the Queen’s death, she married with a young man she met at a vacation, Key was what everyone called him. She fell in love with Key because he was so beautiful and classy. He was only 19 when the royal wedding was held. The Queen had one son from her previous marriage. His name was Taemin. His skin wasn’t as white as the snow, well who had that snow-white skin unless you’re an albino, but his skin is fair enough. His lips weren’t as red as blood, but red enough to be called y, and his hair isn’t black but red because he knew he looked ing gorgeous with red hair.

 

“Time to go back to the castle, Son” Key said to Taemin and they entered the most luxurious horse-drawn carriage their kingdom owned.

“Daddy, you will treat me well from now on, right?” Taemin asked Key once the door was closed.

“Of course I will. You’re my only son” Key answered and Taemin’s red hair gently.

 

 

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>< 

 

 

A year passed after the Queen’s death, their Kingdom became poor under Key’s authority because he demanded a high tax from the villagers to fulfill his need in designer-brand clothes, shoes, bag, makeup, and a lot more. The villagers hate Key so much but they can’t do anything since Key is the King there.

Taemin grew up well. He became more gorgeous than before, prettier, ier and hotter. Because of this, Key was afraid that Taemin’s beauty would surpass his own one day, so he ordered a magical mirror from Scotland or Ireland or wherever Leprechaun lived, he didn’t care. The mirror was said to be able to tell the owner the truth about who’s the fairest in the whole world. Key kept the mirror in a secret room in his marvelous bedroom, and always demanded the truth about the fairest.

 

“Mirror mirror in the wall, who’s the fairest of them all…” Key would always spoke to the mirror and the mirror always answered Key was the fairest. He was happy knowing that no one could defeat his beauty and his splurge on skincare & makeup product didn’t disappoint him.

 

 

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>< 

 

 

17th July.

 

“Daddy..” Taemin opened the door to the castle backyard, where Key was inside his Jacuzzi, enjoying his wine on one morning.

“Yes, Taemin?” Key turned his head to look into Taemin’s direction as he drank his wine.

“Can I go outside to walk around?”

“Sure. But you should be here before lunch”

“Okay” Taemin smiled widely and went inside the castle again. He went to his room to take his cape and went to the kitchen to take a bottle of banana milk before he went outside.

 

The woods around the castle was beautiful, you can hear birds chirping and morning scent always refreshing. Taemin just walked around, drinking his banana milk in peace until he heard a groan from somewhere not far from where he was standing. He followed the sound until he saw someone was trapped in an animal trap. He was hesitant at first to approach that person whom apparently a man, so he hid behind a tree and watched the trapped man. But when he saw that man was wiggling around and groaning and trying to break free from the trap he felt pity on him and approach him slowly.

 

“Umm… Can I help you?” Taemin asked politely when he was standing about a meter behind that man.

The man, surprised because there’s suddenly a voice, looked up and saw Taemin standing behind him. He was kind-of speechless for a moment because he was mesmerized by Taemin’s beauty.

“Yes, yes. Could you.. Err… Possibly open this rope for me?”

“Sure.. Wait a sec..” Taemin put down his banana milk bottle to the ground and untie the rope in his wrist and legs.

 

“Thank you so much, young lady. I am Prince Minho from Shisus Kingdom. Could you tell me your name?” The man introduced himself and Taemin pouted upon hearing ‘young lady’.

“FYI Prince Minho from Shisus Kingdom, I am a boy. A guy. A man. Male” Taemin said sarcastically as he crossed his hands on his chest.

Minho’s eyes grew larger and he started to scan the said guy from head to toe and back to his face, “Your chest is flat, yes, you’re a boy. I apologize. Can I know your name pretty boy?” He bowed and smiled, then offered his hand to Taemin.

“My name is Taemin” And shook hands with Minho.

 

They talked after that, chatting about anything they had in common and Minho learned about Taemin’s love for banana milk and Taemin learned Minho’s love for soccer. But Taemin didn’t say that he was also a prince to Minho.

 

“You know, I am loving the song Sherlock by SHINee, Korean boy band. Do you know them?” Taemin asked, eyes twinkling as he spoke

“No. Haven’t heard of them. Are they cool?” Minho answered him enthusiastically

“Very. Do you want to learn their dance?”

“Sure! I like dancing”

“You do? Me too, I love dancing”

“Teach me their dance!”

They danced until they were sweaty and Taemin just realized the sun was on top of them already,

“Oh, damn. I should go home. My daddy would probably kill me if I’m late” Taemin told Minho and he could see Minho’s disappointed face,

“Oh.. Okay..”

“Bye!” Taemin said quickly and rushed back to the castle while Minho was just staring at his back disappearing between trees.

 

“Taemin. Such A beautiful name…” Minho smiled, “I think I love him..”

He still sat there for about 10 minutes, still speaking to himself about Taemin, “I should tell Siwon daddy I want to marry him..”

 

 

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>< 

 

 

“Mirror mirror in the wall, who’s the fairest of them all…” Key asked his mirror on the night after Taemin’s 18th birthday.

“Of course it is Taemin, your Majesty” The mirror answered,

“WHAT??” Key shouted, eyes widen in disbelief, *insert lightning struck effect*

“Taemin. The one who has that fair skin, red lips and gorgeous red hair that makes him looks so freaking y. He is 18, so he’s legal now and I can say his name, your Majesty” The mirror explained,

“No, no, no. That’s not happening. It must be the eye cream I bought a couple days ago. I saw a fine line under my left eye. It must be because of it. I know. I know.. I shouldn’t change my eye cream..” Key walked back and forth, fingers tapping his chin, “I should do something… Taemin can’t surpass my beauty.. He can’t.. I need to do something… Something..”

Suddenly he stopped and smirked, “He just needs to disappear from this world, right? If he’s not here, I am the fairest”

 

 

It was nearly midnight, and knowing Taemin would be sleeping at that hour, Key went out from his bedroom and went to his throne room and called the Kingdom’s royal advisor.

 

Key, sitting on his throne, with golden cape & golden crown on, crossed his legs and hands,

“Summon Kim Jonghyun the huntsman right now” He ordered the royal advisor who was kneeling before him.

“Yes, Your Majesty”

Key smirked, “I am the fairest. No one could defeat my beauty”

 

An hour later, the royal advisor came back with Jonghyun the huntsman and they were kneeling in front of Key’s throne.

“I bring Kim Jonghyun the huntsman as you ordered, Your Majesty”

Key rose from his seat and walked to their direction, “I need to talk to Kim Jonghyun alone. You can go”

“Yes, Your Majesty” The royal advisor exited the room and there’s only Key and Jonghyun.

 

“I need your help” Key said once we was standing right in front of kneeling Jonghyun

“What do you need from me?”

“You know Taemin, right? The one who’s sleeping peacefully upstairs” He said sarcastically,

“Yes, I do know him”

“I want him dead” Key said with a smile, looking at Jonghyun’s face.

Jonghyun was shocked hearing Key’s answer, eyes widening and looking at Key like he was a ghost. He didn’t say anything and Key went back to his throne, crossed his legs once more and checking his nails,

“I need to get a manicure soon” Key muttered to himself,  “And Jonghyun, I will give you a lot of gold, take him to the dark forest and kill him”

“Tonight?”

Key rolled his eyes, “Of course you moron! Why should I call you tonight and sacrificing my beauty sleep??”

Jonghyun bowed his head, “Yes, I understand Your Majesty”

Key took out a money pouch under his cape and offered it to Jonghyun,

“This is half of what you will get. I give you time until dawn. You should come back here and bring me his heart” He threw the pouch to Jonghyun’s direction and it landed in front of him perfectly.

“Yes, Your Majesty” He took the pouch and put it inside his shirt.

“And after he’s dead, you get the rest of the gold” Key smiled brightly.

“I understand”

“You can go now. I will see you here in the morning” He stood up and went back to his room, feeling oh-so-satisfied after knowing that Taemin would be gone and he’s the fairest in the whole world.

 

 

Jonghyun started by quietly walking in the castle second floor’s corridor without anyone noticing, since it was past midnight and everyone were sleeping already. After looking thoroughly at every door he saw, he found one door in the end of the right wing hallway, a door with a cute child-handwritten sign saying

“Taemin’s room :3”

He smiled to himself and preparing the sack he would use to kidnap Taemin. Slowly, he opened the door and spotted Taemin was sleeping peacefully in his bed, hugging a chicken plushie. Jonghyun stood beside Taemin’s bed, whispering “I feel bad for you, but I should do this for the King. I’m sorry” and took out a handkerchief which he already put a bit of chloroform before and smothered Taemin.

 

Taemin opened his eyes in shock but quickly passed out, Jonghyun then put Taemin in the sack and carried him outside the castle. He went into the dark forest, entering the most feared place in the whole kingdom deeper and deeper. When he felt it was deep enough inside the dark forest, he sat under a big tree and released Taemin from the sack. But once Jonghyun saw Taemin’s face, he was so shocked. Jonghyun was looking at Taemin’s face carefully, because Taemin was reminding him of someone, when Taemin suddenly opened his eyes,

“OHMYGOD! Who the are you?! What are you going to do.. Mmmfhh” Taemin screamed, Jonghyun quickly put his hands over Taemin’s mouth to prevent him from shouting anything.

“Sssh.. I’m not going to do anything to you, and I am going to explain everything but you can’t shout anymore”

Taemin nodded and Jonghyun removed his hands.

“Why are you kidnapping me? Who are you” Taemin asked worriedly.

“I am Kim Jonghyun, a huntsman. The King asked me to kill you”

“What? Daddy wants me dead? Why? What did I do?” Taemin was so shocked, he never knew why did Key could do such thing.

“I don’t know. He just told me to kill you. But don’t worry, I won’t do that” Jonghyun put a hand on Taemin’s shoulder, reassuring him.

“Really? Why?”

“You remind me of my brother. I can’t kill you”

“I did?”

“You look exactly like him, but his skin was darker and he was taller than you”

“What is your brother’s name?” Taemin asked out of curiousity, well who had the privilege to look similar to a prince?

“Kim Jong In”

“Nice name” Taemin nodded. Suddenly Jonghyun realized he wasted his time already, he needed to go back to the castle before dawn.

“Taemin, listen. Now you should go far away from here, you can’t go back to the castle. I will tell the King that you’ve died. Promise me you wouldn’t go back to the castle anymore”

“But where should I live? I don’t even bring my banana milk” He pouted.

“Anywhere but the castle. I remembered there’s a house not far from here, maybe you could ask the owner”

“Okay” Taemin bit his lip.

“I should go back to the castle” He got up and walked into the direction he came from.

“Thank you, Jonghyun” Taemin said with a smile and Jonghyun looked back,

“Be safe”

 


 

this is just the parody of snow white, the first princess XD hahaha

there will be the part 2 so please look forward to it :D