Rock-a-bye baby

Rock-a-bye baby(oneshot)

Rock-a-bye baby on the tree top

Yoochun peeked through the gap of the door. His stepmother had left the door open, unaware to the harm that might come to her baby.

It had been a month since she got married with Yoochun's father and Yoochun was about ready to make her disappear from the family. But he was just a four year old child at that time, his body small and limbs lacking too much needed muscle to do something strenuous as trying to fight his stepmother to kill her. So one day, when she announced that she was pregnant to the whole household with a bright face, Yoochun's face had brightened together with her. A grin perched on his face and he, for the first time, acted like a real son to his stepmother that it pleased both of the adults at that time.

Little did they know that he was waiting. Waiting gleefully for the day when the baby would be born and he would inch to that baby's cradle, grabbed the bundle and squeezed the life out of it.

When the wind blows the cradle will rock

The door opened just a little wider with a slight push and Yoochun watched as the cradle continued rocking. He had to make it fast...Before the woman return again, he had to make this clean and fast.

When the bough breaks, the cradle will fall.

He peered into the baby that was bundled up in the cradle. The eyes of that baby were as if twinkling when they caught sight of him, deep warm brown gaze holding his deep dark ones. A small, chubby hand lifted to him and the baby opened its mouth to let cute squealing noises at him, huge wide eyes blinking innocently at him from below.

Yoochun smiled gently, allowing his hand down for the baby to take. The baby gripped onto his fingers and squealed even more excitedly, happiness evident in his twinkling eyes.

Yoochun produced a penknife from his pocket, still smiling as he let the baby played with his fingers. The baby was cute, the baby was the bundle of joy of the family and Yoochun knew he was going to be pushed even farther aside by his father if he let the baby live. He had had enough with his father abandoning both him and his mother for that woman, ignoring them when she was still alive, missing his mother's funeral to marry that woman on that day as if to rejoice and celebrate for a new beginning with his mother's death. 

His father had changed all because of that woman. And Yoochun wished for that woman's life to change forever with the death of this baby.

And down will come baby-

Yoochun hovered the tip of the knife above the baby's eyes. The baby saw the glinting tip and with a cute and eager giggle, its fingers moved away from Yoochun's and reached out for the sharp knife instead. 

"Cute little Kim Junsu." Yoochun finally acknowledged the baby for who he was. The baby at least deserved this before he dies.

But for some reason, Yoochun's fingers were shaking and before he could lose grip of the penknife and let it fall to tear Junsu open, he had quickly retracted the penknife back into his pocket. He breathed out noisily, angered with himself for the moment of hesitance he caught himself in, cursing himself in his head for even trying to pity this baby-

The sound of footsteps plodding up the stairs invaded his hearing. He refrained from shouting a curse out loud as he forced himself to tuck back the knife into his pocket and scrambling out of the room hastily. By the time his stepmom arrived to the baby's room, he was already safely behind his room door. 

He slid down, breathless as he felt his heart raced in his chest. His eyes were blank and empty as they stared at his still shaking fingers.

And down will come baby-

The last of that nursery rhyme resounded in his head over and over again. Broken, incomplete and unfulfilled.

---

Time fast-forwarded to when Junsu was in middle school and Yoochun, in high school. 

Junsu had made himself the prey of bullies it seemed and to be honest, Yoochun wasn't surprised when one day he came from his school, he had cuts and bruises all over his body.

As Junsu grew up, he made himself into a person that was easily picked, face so vulnerable and docile that it built up an image of utter submissiveness. 

Yoochun watched as Junsu tended to the cuts by himself on the bed across from him, the book that he was reading before already left to be put at his side because he was more fascinated in the way Junsu's face twisted in pain as he applied medications to his sore injuries. 

Junsu noticed him from the corner of his eyes and because their relationship hadn't been good at all all these years, Junsu tried to not ask for Yoochun's help even if he found himself reaching futilely for the injuries that he couldn't see at the back. 

"Let me do that."

Junsu didn't believe Yoochun at first, thinking that he might have said it wrong because for all the years that they've grown up in each other's company, Yoochun had never offered any help to him. Even when Junsu tried to follow him when he was small, gripping onto his fingers and whining at him, Yoochun had ignored him, pushed him off to the side with a quiet, cold glare. After a while, time witnessed how Junsu stopped trying and they began to drift farther and farther apart.

Until today when Yoochun suddenly came up to him and took things into his hand. 

Yoochun pulled Junsu's shirt off completely from his body and sat behind him. Junsu was quiet as he watched his brother took the antiseptic from him and started to tend the opened wound at his back. "How can they get to inflict wound to your back? Did they make you strip or something?" Yoochun asked absently as he swiped the wet cotton onto Junsu's stinging skin, unknown to Junsu for the mysterious fascination that still swirled in Yoochun's eyes as they trailed after each wound. 

Junsu winced, tears filling his eyes and he himself couldn't tell if it was because of the pain or because of the painful truth in Yoochun's words. The guys at school had forced him to strip, humiliated him and made him experience hell at school. It wasn't his first time being bullied, in fact it was almost everyday that he had to become victim to those hits. Before this, he could still handle it because it was still on the lighter side, but today it seemed that the guys were in bad mood and they had used him fully to alleviate their anger by kicking and punching him, not holding back the slightest as they made cuts and bruises all over his body. Suddenly thinking about the next day when he had to face them again...he just wanted nothing else but to pull the covers over himself and wrapped himself tightly in its protection. 

He had nothing else he can ask for protection. Because he had no friends, he tried to follow after his brother, trying to ask for someone who he can hold onto since his mother was most of the time out to work and leaving him with only his brother at home. But Yoochun kept on pushing him away no matter how tight he held onto him before this, thus he had no choice but to let go...

Junsu blushed red at each gentle contact Yoochun made to his back, feeling unfamiliar yet when he thought of how this was probably the first time that the other was willing to pay attention to him, he found himself embarrassed like he had never been before. Nevertheless, he endured the feelings as he waited for Yoochun to finish, blinking rapidly at his hands that were bunching into the sheets tightly in nervousness for some reason.

"Done." Yoochun muttered, the contact disappearing immediately and all that was left was the coldness that hit his back when Yoochun got off from behind him. But before Junsu could make a move to wear back his shirt, Yoochun had came up to him again after picking his shirt that was on the floor, nudging him to put up his arms so that he could help him into the shirt. 

Junsu was at a loss of words as he could only comply.

"T-Thanks." Junsu stammered out. But when he looked up next, Yoochun was already heading out of the room. 

---

Yoochun didn't go back home straight that day. Instead, he had changed the usual course of his route home and headed for the middle school his little brother was in. 

There was a reason why Junsu always came home later than him and Yoochun understood this very well as he slipped into the gate and searched the school grounds. Sure enough, in a classroom that was deserted from other students and teachers, a group of guys were crowding over Junsu. Junsu lied on the ground, trying to protect himself as he curled into a ball.

Yoochun headed for one of the guys that were kicking Junsu and yanked his collar back until he stumbled a few steps back, falling to the ground into a confused mess. But when the boy looked up to meet with Yoochun's eyes, he had trembled and inched away. Apparently, the other guys noticed the disturbance and seeing the huge size difference between their bodies, they just knew that they stand no chance against Yoochun. So they ran away, leaving Junsu behind in the dust that their feet piled behind as they scrambled away to safety.

Junsu dared himself to bring his head up when he noticed that the beatings had stopped, but he was frozen completely when he saw Yoochun's figure towering above him.

"Let's go." Yoochun had said, offering him his hand to take. Junsu stared at it for a moment before his hand lifted on its own accord, gripping onto Yoochun's fingers to let the latter pull him up. Tears welled up in his eyes with each movement he made. His body was aching all over. The wound from yesterday hadn't healed and today, the guys had went to beat him up without holding back again. It had felt like his skin was going to tear open as the movement stretched his ache.

However, since Yoochun was supporting him all the way back home, the pain became a little bearable. And when they reached home, it was Yoochun who had dressed up his wounds again, making gentle healing contacts to Junsu's body while Junsu watched him shyly from underneath his lashes.

Junsu still couldn't understand the change of behaviour in his brother lately. But it wasn't something unpleasant at all...In fact, to know that the brother he was always trying to reach was finally responding to him, he felt nothing but happiness. 

"Done." Yoochun was prepared to leave again. But Junsu got to him first, clutching onto his shirt as his eyes blinked wide open at him.

"Um. Thanks...h-hyung." The last part was said in a shaky voice. After so long, Junsu had found himself calling the other that again. 

Yoochun smiled, reaching down to caress Junsu's cheek lovingly. "You're my brother. I won't let anyone hurt you that easily." 

Junsu stared into Yoochun's unreadable dark eyes, feeling something unexplainable itself stirring within him. What had just happened? He wondered dazedly after his brother had let him go, leaving him to mull alone by himself after the door clicked shut softly.

---

It was fascinating seeing those cuts and bruises all over his body. There was nothing more that could excite Yoochun more than tracing those red wound that bloomed all over that body. The angry intense red that contrasted so starkly with the beautiful pale back, like a beautiful red that blossomed in attention in the melting cold snowy winter background..

However, even if he reveled in the sight, it didn't give him the relish he desired of knowing that this wound were inflicted by hands other than him. 

No one. No one can hurt this baby he had intended to hurt years ago. He would let no one's hands but him to carve the wound on that body, and for that, he will let the body healed the torn skin first at the moment.

This unfulfilled revenge that he had bore inside him all these while...He's the only who is allowed to accomplish it, to make the first mark and watch as the last mark drained out the very blood and life from that pale flesh. He had started it years ago, and since then it had remained broken and incomplete, the last line of that nursery rhyme lulling him over and over again in his sleep like a haunting melody.

---

Something that was raging, burning and itchy slithered into Yoochun's body that night, overwhelmed him and took control of his body as he slipped from his bed to Junsu's own. 

Junsu was awoken up with a rude jolt when Yoochun threw his arms over him tightly, almost suffocating him in his sleep until the younger had to call for his brother's name. "Shh." Yoochun breathed into Junsu's ears, would be daunting enough for Junsu to flinch away if it wasn't for the other's fingers that behaved contrastingly as they combed through his soft hair gently.

The feeling was still unfamiliar with his brother still so close to him. A week ago, the distance between felt almost too far to even reach, now...now it felt like there was almost no gap between their bodies as his back met the broad front of Yoochun, his smaller body fitting snugly in the spaces between Yoochun's arms. 

"Shh." Yoochun repeated when Junsu shifted restlessly. They don't need anyone seeing them like this now, don't they?

Junsu wanted to question the strangeness of this all because his brother never slip into his bed at night nor did he ever hug him so tightly like this before. It felt warm and for some reason, comforting to have another bigger pair of strong arms holding onto him like this, evoking the sense of security he had wanted all these while...

But- 

He couldn't comprehend it as Yoochun proceeded to lift the hem of his shirt up, reaching down to trail kisses down his still stinging back. When the wetness of his saliva soaked into Junsu's torn skin, Junsu had gasped in pain and squeezed his eyes shut, thrashing in his brother's hold. 

"Beautiful little Junsu." Yoochun had whispered again, warm breaths ghosting onto his skin and Junsu shivered as his toes curled at the unexplainable sensation. Junsu waited for his brother to finish, knuckle over his mouth to silence himself while he continued to wonder with wide eyes that were filled with confusion.

Once Yoochun had shifted back up to settle his face into Junsu's neck, Junsu let himself turn around slightly to look into his brother's eyes and there he saw the enchanting dark orbs of his handsome brother, so enrapturing that it had sealed silence onto his lips for what felt like an eternity.

"Don't be afraid. Hyung loves you, do you know that?" 

The skin contact was constant, heated and made Junsu's body drunk for more. His heart beat just a tad bit faster as Yoochun cradled his cheek, eyes that were deep and imploring searching into his very soul. The endless darkness of those depths almost drowned him and he felt himself grappling as his breath was away, from the airway of his mouth into another pair of mouth.  

Sensual lips latched heatedly onto his then, demanding on claiming everything, and even if he struggled weakly in the other's hold, those hands didn't let him go, stealing everything of him away until he was left dazed and trembling mindlessly in his own skin.

He was a little love-struck by then. 

"Hyung will take care of you." So just give everything of yours to me.

It shouldn't be right. But Junsu reached back for Yoochun nonetheless, desperation and his hunger for love guiding his hands up to clutch back to Yoochun's arms as Yoochun kissed him again and again, over and over until he was almost drowned from breath yet again. Regardless, he didn't protest, only a little while later showing his consent by wrapping his arms around Yoochun's neck and allow him to do what he wanted.

It was the first time he had experienced someone loving him this intensely. And it came from his brother who he had secretly lusted behind his yearning for the other's attention all these while.

Yoochun loved him. And Junsu had felt as if he had waited for a long time for this moment to be realized in front of his eyes.

--- 

The baby had latched onto that person, unknowingly from the moment it was born until now. As if knowing that it wanted this person to begin with and end with as it held onto those fingers stubbornly, never knowing that within these fingers, lied a sharp grazing tip that had been keeping its desire to slice through its very skin since from the very beginning.

--- 

The night when both their parents had went out, Yoochun had spent time watching movies with Junsu. It had been hours since they were huddled together on the couch downstairs, which had led to Junsu sparking a playful physical banter with him later just because he was bored in the middle of the movie and ending them up in a rolling mess on the couch, movies forgotten and attention more in favor towards their bodies that were heated and pressed against each other.

Junsu was flushed and a little breathless when Yoochun took his wrist and brought him upstairs to their bedroom, both of them giggling all the way.

"We'll play a game." It was all spoken with the same playfulness in Yoochun's smile as he leaned against the door, his hand reaching behind him to press the lock. The sound of the clicked lock was loud, yet those warm brown eyes of Junsu that gazed to him years ago were still the same, full of faith and had no suspicion whatsoever. Twinkling as if expecting nothing but fun.

Of course, he will show Junsu something fun, Yoochun grinned at the thought as his hand reached for the old pocketknife that was hid somewhere in his back pocket. 

Junsu's face started to reflect confusion as he watched the way Yoochun's shoulders shook uncontrollably. He was about to ask Yoochun what was wrong until the older man raised his chin up to look at him.

There was the insanity akin to a mad clown drawn all over his face.

Suddenly feeling like something forceful had collided into him, Junsu stumbled backward on his wobbly knees, falling onto the bed in a messy heap of limbs. From his lowered position, Junsu finally saw the glinting knife that was in his brother's hand. 

Yoochun let his captivated gaze fell onto Junsu's form that had began to tremble in fear with the realization that came. As his hand raised the knife up, he gave one last look into those quivering beautiful brown eyes before murmuring out in a trance.

"It'll be complete now...My revenge."

And down will come baby, cradle and all.