III

In The Club (Tonight, For Him)

 

“Bommieeeee!!!” my friend was yelling at my ears. “I said I can’t today Dara!” I sigh. “Waeeeee??!” “Cause I told you, Himchan is coming over tonight, and I have to cook, so that’s why I’m here now to go grocery shopping!” I said to her, hoping she could only understand me. “Yah! Why doesn’t he cook for you?! Aish why are you going out with a brat? All he seems to do is leech of you, you cook, you tutor him, what does he do for you?” “That’s not true…he takes me out on dates and stuff to nice places…and gives me nice surprises.” I try to argue back. “Yeah! Thanks to his parent’s money, that boy is just a pampered child, who can’t look after himself, and takes others for granted just like you!” She sighs in frustration. “That’s not true…he takes care of me…” “Bommie-ah please! I know you seem to have fallen for this guy, but how innocent are you? Can’t you see that he’s just a high schooler people in his age don’t know things like being serious, working hard especially not the rich and the pampered. Tell me one thing he’s done on his own, without the help of his parents and you!” “He’s still in highschool…Dara…ofcourse he’s just growing…” “Exactly Bommie-ah…he’s still in highschool! I don’t know what it is but something about him just gives me the wrong idea. You work so hard for your life, I don’t think he can see that or even appreciate that side of you. I want you to be wary of him don’t let him in so easily. Why couldn’t you just go out with Seunghyun?” “He had a girlfriend back then…” “Oof! And they broke up like not too long after, so you could have just gone out with him, at least he’s hardworking decent and doesn’t make me think otherwise.” “Dara you’re just getting way too paranoid. Seunghyun is rich too you know, isn’t that just being condescending?” I sigh. “Yah! They both are different trust me! My psychic side says so.” “Aigoo….arasso your psychic side.” I roll my eyes at her. “Yah!? Are you mocking me?” “Haha…ani…aigoo uri Dara is so cute.” “Aish fine, I won’t beg you to come with me to the gala downtown, but at least let’s have some lunch together?” she gives me her undeniably adorable puppy dog look. “Fine…Let’s go! To think you’re my age, you act like an elementary schooler!” I laugh. Yah! Park Bom!” “Hahaha, merong!~” We run into the nearest restaurant. I guess it was popular for people of all ages, especially teenagers. We sat at the far corner, looking over the menu and talking. When suddenly a group of boys and girls enter in together, they were talking out loudly and laughing. I turned around and to my surprise I saw him. Kim Himchan walk in through those doors, I was going to go up to him, when suddenly I saw a girl grab onto his arm. “Oppa!” she said sweetly. I don’t know why I did what I did, but I hid in the corner of my seat. Dara seemed to have caught on and she was glaring at them. I had to persuade her to look elsewhere and not show her face since Himchan knew her. They sat at the booth right behind us. “Oppa~” that girl kept saying. “Yeah Babe?” he said. Ani…did he just call this girl babe? “Yah! Kim Himchan, let’s go clubbing tonight!” one of his friends spoke. “Can’t…got plans.” He said. I felt so happy to think he wouldn’t ditch me and go with them. “Oh…is it that hot tutor of yours?” “Yeah.” “You guys done it yet?” What are they talking about? “Nope…she’s a bit too conservative, not that easy.” “Oh damn…no wonder your still stuck with her…just forget about her and get a new chick or something.” “Oppa~ you have me!! Come to my place this week again?~” the girl who I guess was beside him said. “We had so much fun last time!” “Maybe babe…and not yet guys…I always get what I want.” He chuckled. “Why are you so hooked onto this tutor…?”his friend asked. There was no answer…Was I expecting to say to them he loves me? He’s in high school of course things like this are hard to say. Don’t think too much about it Park Bom. “Nah…Not even…she’s just easy to woo and I don’t want to lose my bet.” What did he just say? “Oh right haha that bet that you wouldn’t be able to bed her. However that doesn’t seem like you’ll be winning it anytime soon though since it has been months already.” They all burst out laughing. My heart hurt. I was a bet? Everything was because of a bet? Ani…he said he loved me…Tears slowly started to descend down my cheeks. Dara had enough and before I could grab her she took her glass of water and walked right up to the group and threw water on him. “Yah!...Dara noona?” “Don’t call me noona, you brat!” “Noona…it’s not what you…” I didn’t want to hear anymore so I got up. I tried my real best to hold back tears that threatened to pour down. I took my own glass of water, taking a deep breath I get up and head towards them and pour my water onto him as well. “Dara-ah, let’s go to the gala downtown tonight.” I say to her grabbing her hand without even looking back.  Once we left and the restaurant was out of sight, all my tears fell. What was I thinking…the signs were always there…within a month of dating, he suddenly got busier than me, meeting not as often…meeting with friends, busy with schoolwork…were his excuses. Park Bom you Pabo-ya. I felt bad for him, trying to understand his stress and need to be with his friends…but he was probably lying…he was doing things I didn’t want to think about… “Don’t cry Bommie-ah. Don’t cry for an immature brat!” “Dara-ah…” “Shhh…I know…” She consoled me the whole day…I was expecting for him to chase after me and tell me it was all a misunderstanding. I was only fooling myself…he never came. He never came to my house…after that day, weeks became months…I was asked not to be his tutor anymore, he needed someone more qualified. I didn’t care, I just felt like an idiot for whole heartedly falling into a child’s play. Ah. Even so those 6 months together…I couldn’t forget.
Here I am trying my best to forget him, even though he seems to be right before me, making it harder than ever. I really am trying though. Seunghyun kept planting kisses on my forehead. It felt warm, it gave me some strength. Tonight in this club, I’ll let him embrace all my scars…and heal my pain. Even if it’s just a little bit, just so I can grow stronger and maybe just for tonight forget you. The image of me you knew up until now, shall no longer exist. I’ll try my very best. I don’t want to suffer alone anymore. Not anymore. Just for a while, I want to show you, I want to believe that I can be stronger. From the corner of my eye I saw him, now smothering her with kisses, giggling and laughing with one another. It’s harder than I thought it would be. I could only grip onto Seunghyun for strength and support. Without even me saying anything he understood and he turned my face around, so I couldn’t see them anymore. Silently I let the tears fall onto his jacket. “It’s okay…I’d punch that brat…but I’m holding back, because I don’t want to give you more pain, Bommie-ah, don’t cry.” I could only nod holding onto him tightly. We spent the night just dancing like that, the two of us just an inch apart. It felt strange, but warm and just for that moment I really had forgotten him. While waiting outside for Seunghyun to bring his car. I accidentally dropped my ring, bending to pick it up I bumped into someone. “Yah! Watch where you going! Klutz!” the girl yelled in annoyance. “Sorry…” I bowed.  She only scoffed. “Babe…don’t do that…” a guy said. I froze, I knew that voice. It was his. Ani, I didn’t even need to guess. “Well aren’t you going to get up?” the girl yelled. Taking a deep breath I got up, now facing the two. I saw her grab onto his arm and his eyes, becoming big in surprise looking at me. His expression carried shock “Noona…” he said. Those words still made me weak in the knees. No I won’t give in, I can’t be here. I turn around and begin to walk. “Who’s that? Do you know her?” the girl asked. He’ll probably lie to her. “Noona!” I felt a strong pair of hands grab onto my arm. I look at him shock. “Noona…what…why are you here?” “Go tend to your girlfriend Kim Himchan, she doesn’t seem to like your attention on me.” I smile and slide my arm away from his grip. He held onto it again. Stop it please…the tears I don’t want them to fall anymore. “Bommie-ah” I saw Seunghyun walking towards us. I push away those hands I once loved to be held by and ran into another’s arms. “I want to go home, take me home Seunghyun.” “Arasso.” He whispered gently pushing a strand of my hair back. Without even looking back I get into the car. When this night completely ends, it seems like I’ll be in my room yet again. Crying louder than ever like a fool and see you yet again in my dreams. Nothing could feel worse, but I have to try, though it seems impossible, I’ll try. I’ll let you go. I won’t look or wait for you anymore, so neither should you. Goodbye childish Kim Himchan.

---------------------------------------------------
Finished TTATT
What you think of the three shot?

Read.Comment? :D


-

MS