Chapter 5

The Phantom of Dialisk Street
"I'm so sorry.. so sorry Treasure Hyukkie, but I'm so thirsty and I couldn't help it," Donghae said, sobbing. 

Those were the last things he said before falling unconscious as he lost all his strength like fire once more. 

The rest of the night passed and has become early morning. 

"Hae, Hae, my love. Hae wake up! Were going to be late for school!" cried Hyukjae. 

"Hey, are you okay- ugh..."

Hyukjae slapped his neck in intimidation and accidentally hurt himself. 

He felt pain on the side of his neck. 

He felt wounds - two small wounds beside each other.

Quickly, he ran to the mirror in his room and moved his shirt collar to the side. 

There he saw two small and circular wounds that would have been the bite of a vampire. 

Then he remembered Donghae.

Donghae's monster self.

"Maybe Hae- no."

Hyukjae shook his head and thought, 

Hae loves me and promised me never to do that. Anyway, I'll ask him when he wakes up.

"I think I'll just skip classes today. I have to watch over him."

... 

The whole day Donghae slept without a sound. Hyukjae went to check on him and found out that he wasn't breathing!

Hyukjae panicked and rolled Donghae's body forward and backward instead of taking care of him. 

"Oh God!!"

He stood ip to jump and jump, not knowing what to do. 

Then he suddenly heard Donghae's voice, saying, "I'm alive, Treasure Hyukkie. Don't worry."

"eh?"

"Awake and breathing, alive but not kicking."

"But you weren't breathing a while ago!" Hyukjae screamed. 

"I am now..." Donghae rolled his eyes. 

"You mean, you sleep without breathing? YOU SURVIVE WITHOUT BREATHING?! YOU EVEN SLEPT THE WHOLE DAY WITHOUT BREATHING?!!!! Impossible! LOOK!"

Hyukjae pointed to the wall clock. "It's already 6 in the evening and you're only waking up?!"

"Treasure Hyukkie, calm down. I'm the Phantom, remember? It's normal for me," Donghae muttered, holding Hyukjae's shaking shoulder. 

"It's okay. It's my first time anyway to see you," said Hyukjae. "...like that."

There was an short moment of silence. Hyukjae laughed and broke the silence, saying, "I-I bet you're hungry! Let's eat-"

"I'm full. Don't worry. You just eat by yourself."

Donghae interrupted Hyukjae's words. 

Maybe. Just maybe, he was really the one. I can make him tell the truth, but... how?

Hyukjae was always thinking of the wounds behind his neck. 

He touched the wounds with his middle finger, felt little pain and sighed. 

Yawning, he asked, "Ow! Do you perhaps know how this happened?" he tilted his head, revealing the two small wounds. 

"I-I don't know what would have caused," Donghae said nervously, his eyes burning a little. "I don't-"

"But look at your fangs," Hyukjae said, noticing Donghae's fangs starting to come out. "They are-"

Then he noticed one thing: monsters don't exist, and if they do, Donghae would be the ONLY ONE.

"Hae, you bit me, right?"

Donghae stuttered. 

"Hae, you bit me, right?"

"One more time: Lee Donghae, you bit me, right?"

Donghae felt guilty hiding everything. He fell restless. Hyukjae kept on talking. 

"You bit-"

"Alright! I did drink YOUR blood - a lot of it! I felt guilty too! But I can't help it - I'm too hungry!

"But you know," Donghae sobbed.

"I tried hard to stop myself, knowing that you were going to be hurt."

Hyukjae's eyes widened in surprise. 

"Because I love you-"

"Because I love you too," Hyukjae said. "I'll forgive you... For now."

...

Half a year had passes and nothing bad has happened. Donghae learned to eat human food (food that humans eat, not food made out of humans), and has not missed the taste of human flesh and blood. 

Despite Hyukjae's love for him, he chose to find an apartment where Donghae could live by himself. 

Not to worry about finance, Hyukjae always sends him fifty thousand Won. 

「Actually, Hyukjae sent him to an apartment to avoid , or anything close enough. °________°」

On the other hand, we will be going to Hyukjae's seatmate, Kyuhyun. 

"I don't like Hyukjae. I don't like Hyukjae!"

Hyukjae's face kept flashing on Cho Kyuhyun's mind. But soon, all images were shattered. 

"I... like..."

He got up in the middle of the night, and washed his face. 

"I have to go to Hyukjae's right now. What time is it?"

He looked at the clock turned off. Then he said audibly, "Time check."

Automatically the clock and flashed 12:03 am before turning of again. 

"Automatics these days, very advanced. 

Not like when I was young as children... Seems like more than 50 years had passed already."

"Well, I'm off to Hyukjae's house."

He went to get his coat and strived out to venture into the cold winter's night. 

"The snow god must be angry. For all these snow, it's a lot!"

Kyuhyun reached out his hand and let three little snow stars melt in his warm palm. He stopped and the icy water on his palm. "Very cold..." he said. 

"Yes. Very cold, indeed," a new voice welcomed him from under the bridge. 

"My name is Kyuhyun, do not curse me or turn me into something mythical-"

"Cho, I'm not a babo. It's me, Lee Hyukjae," from above hard water and under the little bridge came out Hyukjae. 

"L-Lee! What are you doing there?" Kyuhyun pointed. "Aren't you cold?"

"Well, it's cold. But I saw a Siberian husky just a while ago under here. Where are you planning to go, anyway? It's past midnight," Hyukjae said, holding up a little black and white puppy with sparkling green eyes. 

"I-I'm off to your house. Why?"

Kyuhyun raised his brows. "I'm off to see you. Remember our homework? I'll be copying-"

"Babo. We haven't a homework since a week ago. What's your real intention anyway?" Hyukjae asked in suspicion. 

"Okay! I'm off to see Donghae! He's brilliant, so I'm going to ask him regarding our lesson."

"But I'm the top in the class, so why not ask me? And one more thing..."

"What?" Kyuhyun was annoyed. 

"Hae moved to an apartment 2 streets after my house, two blocks away from the big mansion an the apartment is green." Hyukjae pretended to count by raising his fingers one by one.

"Oh, is that so? Then so long!"

Kyuhyun waved his hand and the little puppy's head. 

Walking to the apartment, Kyuhyun thought hard of what to say. Well - he tried. But the only words that echoed in his mind were:

I... am connected to Donghae.