That Woman

Unstoppable Marriage

 

 

 

Yoonhee’s POV

 

Since Chen didn’t came back so I used his bed for my whole week stay in the dorm. Classes start tomorrow and he isn’t still back. Like I care, I’m perfectly fine without him. At least I get to use the bed alone. Kris just creeps the hell out of me. He will just suddenly get inside the room in the middle of the night, yes, he goes home late, strips his clothes in front of me and jumps to his bed. He doesn’t even bother to care. Where does he go every night, anyway? Classes don’t start until tomorrow.

-

 

“Annyeonghasaeyo.” I bowed in front of the class. “My name is Gu Yoonhee—“

“That’s a girl’s name!” someone shouted from the class which made my eyes widen.

“Gu Yoonhee.” I repeated. “I’m a transferred student so take care of me.”

“And a girl’s face as well.” Someone shouted again and everybody burst out laughing.

“With short hair.”

“And cross-dressing.”

I didn’t mind them and blew her bangs, instead.

“Let’s call him Yeorim!” another one shouted.

I just heaved a sigh. “Call me whatever you like.” I murmured under my breath. The teacher gestured me to have a seat on any of the vacant chairs. I roamed my eyes around the room and saw Kris looking at me with, as usual, his famous y face. There was a vacant seat beside him but I decided not to sit with him. There was another vacant seat just right at the corner and I walked towards it.

I sat on my chair. There was also a vacant seat beside me. This is the best seat; at least I wouldn’t be talking to some random boys.

 

Author’s POV

 

The teacher was just about to start the class; a small, petite boy came inside the room. He walked in coolly as he was holding his bag on his shoulder.

“I’m Kim Jongdae. I’m sorry I’m late.” He said with a huge insulting grin on his face. It kinda looks insulting since he was rude seconds ago.

The teacher looked at him with a crumpled forehead. “Mr. Kim…” he was about to start when Chen cut him off.

“I’ll receive any punishment but I’m really not in the mood for sermons this early in the morning.” He stated without hesitating. “I’m sorry. I am late.” He repeated and bowed. He, then, roamed his eyes around the room, looking for the perfect seat for the rest of the school year.

Yoonhee was looking directly into his eyes when Chen suddenly met hers. I y curve formed in his lips, showing a smirk. Yoonhee felt her hairs on her neck and immediately avoided his eyes. Chen walked towards the chair he has chosen. He was just to pass the vacant seat beside Kris when Kris suddenly pulled him, forcing him to sit on the chair next to him.

“Sit here.” He said in a low tone.

Chen smiled at him. “Why? I want to sit there.” He said as he pointed the vacant seat beside Yoonhee.

“Because I want to.”

“But why?!”

“Sit here or I’ll…”

“Fine, fine.” Chen answered lazily. I took a quick glance on Yoonhee, and when he saw Yoonhee was also looking at him, he winked quickly. Yoonhee just shrugged off and a disgusted facial expression drew on her feminine face.

Lectures went well on the first day. Everything was perfect except for the mere fact that Chen creeps the hell out of Yoonhee. He always looks behind to check on Yoonhee, which she finds so disturbing. The fact that a guy is looking at her that way, it’s so disturbing… And she doesn’t know why.

-

“Are you drunk?” Kris suddenly asked Chen. It was there vacant period but the teacher left them with something to do.

Chen looked at him with the obvious look and grinned widely. “Kind of?” he answered and softly chuckled.

“I thought you’re not coming back until then. And why are you drunk on our first day of being a junior?”

Chen shrugged and didn’t bother to response. It doesn’t need an answer anyway. His gentle face just turned into a serious one and he sat straight.

“How is your mom?” Kris asked.

“She’s fine.” Chen said in a mere whisper. “Yeah, fine.” He scoffed softly.

“It’s good to hear that she’s fine. Let me visit her this weekend.”

“Yeah.” Chen simply responded. He was just looking at an empty space.

Kris just shrugged off. He seemed to be bothered by Chen’s behavior but he thinks that maybe it’s just because of the alcohol. He glanced at Chen one more time. Chen tucked his earphones on his ears and buried his face on his desk.

Kris sighed.

-

Yoonhee’s POV

 

Thank God, class is over. Err, or should I say the orientation is over. Everything and everyone seems very fine except for this one guy who is looking at me now.

“Hi.” He greeted with the same creepy tone. He’s nothing creepy, really, but he actually creeps me out!

I shrugged off and flashed a fake smile in front of his oh-so-friendly face. I heard his soft chuckled.

“Fine. Don’t talk to me. I’m just being friendly with all of the students.” He dazzled me with his dazzling smile once more before walking away. I sighed.

You really creep out the hell of me. Like seriously, and so obviously, you’re gay!

“New student.” Someone called which made lift up my sight.

“H-hi.” I was startled by this guy’s presence. He’s totally creepy. Big eyes and creepy smile, looks like this school is full of creep creatures.

“Why aren’t you being friendly to Kim Jongdae?” he asked, eyes stayed as wide as they could be, and didn’t even blinked.

“Huh?”

“That guy just now, Kim Jongdae, or Chen? Yes, he always introduces himself as Chen.”

“Are you friends with him?”

“He’s friends with everybody.”

“Like seriously?”

“Seriously.”

“He isn’t a gay?”

“That was my first impression of him when I got here.”

He laughed. I just don’t know how to react since his calm but creepy face, comes along a deep deep, yes, very deep voice.

“But don’t worry, he’s straight and friendly. I heard you’re his roommate. You’re lucky, he helps Kris hyung with assignments, and I’m pretty sure, he’ll help you, too.”

“Oh.” Was all I managed to respond. And now I am feeling guilty with the way I treated and thought of him.

“I’m going, nice meeting you, Yeorim-ah.” He smiled and extended his hand.

“Yeorim?” I raised an eyebrow. “I’m Gu Yoonhee.” I awkwardly introduced myself before accepting his hand.

“Yoonhee is a girl’s name.” he bluntly stated just right across my face. “I’m Park Chanyeol, a derp, a virus that is happy with his life.” He squeezed my hand before letting it go. I smiled and nodded. He, then, waved his goodbye and walked away.

It’s not my fault why I don’t know if guys are just being friendly or just being so gay. It’s not my fault why I don’t know how to differentiate if a guy is flirting or just being friendly. Forgive me, awesome world.

-

I went back to my dorm to sleep. No stupid homework or anything that could disturb me. And I am pretty sure Kris will come home late. I don’t know where he sneaks himself. So, basically, my room is mine… for now.

I changed from my uniform to jogging pants and a plain grey shirt. After putting my things on a safe place, I flew to my hard bed. I can barely open my eyes because it’s so heavy.

-

 

Author’s POV

 

The noise of the tin can that has just been thrown to the ground vanished. It’s the fourth can that is scattered on the ground. Chen his lips and smirked at himself. He was about to sip from a new can of beer when someone pulled his hand.

“Selfish.” The tall guy muttered as he took a sip from the can he snatched from Chen’s hand.

“Mian, Kris hyung.” Chen chuckled and opened another can of beer.

“How did you manage to bring these in here? These are forbidden.”

“Shut up, hyung, and just drink.”

“What is your problem.” Chen shrugged at Kris’ question. He didn’t bother to answer, though. “Chen…”

“She’s gone.”

“Huh?”

“Omma’s gone.” This time, his voice cracked. He bit his lower lip as he tries to stop his threatening tears.

“Ahhjuma? Wait, are you serious? You just said she’s fin---“

He cut him off. “She’s gone and she’s never coming back. And it’s all her fault.”

“Her? That woman? That girl? What does she have to do with this?”

“If it wasn’t for her selfish act, my mother would have lived longer. She would have been cured. She would’ve been stayed in our house with my dad. But no, that girl was cruel, she killed my mom.”

“Chen, she has nothing to do with this. She just… doesn’t want that idea.”

“Oh, did I like it? I didn’t want it either. But I am not as selfish as she is.”

“But Chen—“

“Hyung, I’m tired. And I miss her.” Chen whimpers as he sniffed. He couldn’t control his tears no more. He couldn’t help himself but to rest his head on Kris’ shoulder. Kris didn’t mind though. They are friends. And his friend, Chen, is mourning for his mother’s death. He’s mourning as well since Chen’s mother has been a good parent to her as well. She’s been a good auntie to her.

They stayed in that position for a couple of seconds and nothing more. After a couple of seconds, Chen sat straight and immediately stood up. A refreshing face drew his face. Tear marks are still visible though. But he was already smiling at Kris.

“I’m sleepy. I’m going back to the dorm.” He smiled.

“Is being bipolar your peg today?” Kris raised an eyebrow at him.

Chen chuckled. “Let’s get back to the dorm. Oh wait, is Yoonhee there?”

“Yoonhee? Ah, Yeorim.”

“Yeorim?” Chen asked out of confusion.

“He’s been named by Yeorim because Yoonhee is practically a girl’s name.”

“Ah~” Chen responded

“Are you planning something again?” Kris wiggled his eyebrows.

“I already have a plan.”

“You’re crazy, Kim Jongdae.” Kris laughed. “And irrational and bipolar.”

“5 seconds ago, you better not tell anyone that I cried in front of you.” Chen hissed and planted his hands on his pockets.

“Are you sure that you’re okay? I mean—“

“I’m fine.” Chen’s mood changed again. He his lips before looking at Kris again with a gentle smile.

“We have been friends for years but I’m still not used to your being bipolar, Kim Jongdae.” Kris chuckled.

Chen softly laughed. “That’s tragic.” He simply said. “Let’s go. Throw those things before anyone knows.”

“I’m not going to watch the live action of your prank.”

“So what, you want the DVD copy?”

“You’re crazy, Kim Jongdae.”

“I really wonder how you felt when it was your turn.” Chen chuckled.

Kris immediately stood up. “That was my first kiss, you retarded troll.” He hissed and pointed out at Chen.

“Shut up! I know I was not.” Chen laughed. “I’m going back to the dorm and I’m gonna roll like a buffalo!” Chen smirked before leaving Kris with the tin cans of beer.

Kris chuckled to himself. “Crazy troll.” He whispered to himself before sipping from the can.

-

Yoonhee was sleeping peacefully, practically on Chen’s bed. She was into her deep slumber that’s why she didn’t hear the creak sound that came from the door when it opened.

“Yes tonight is what you waited for, roll like a buffalo!” Chen was softly singing while making his way into their room. A y smirk formed in his lips as he spotted Yoonhee sleeping on his bed. “Aigoo, poor kid.” He whispered to himself.

He noticed something on his peripheral vision. A white soft cloth was slightly seen on Yoonhee’s luggage. He walked towards the luggage and got the white cloth that caught his attention. “What’s this?” he asked with furrowed eyebrows.

Yoonhee woke up out of the blue with the feeling of someone is looking at her. She slowly opened her eyes only to realize that Chen is sitting on Kris’ bed, just right across hers, and looking at her. Not glaring, nor seductive, just simply looking. She rose herself up with an annoyed face. “What?” she managed to ask and rubbed her eyes.

Chen lifted up his hand with the white cloth.”I don’t know if I’m just drunk or I’m really just drunk. But what is this?” he asked, twirling the cloth on his forefinger.

Yoonhee’s eyes widened. “It’s mine!” she proclaimed and snatched her thing from Chen’s hands.

“That underwear is yours?” he tilted his head as he asked.

“Yes—I mean, no! Of course not, it’s my girlfriend’s. I must have put it here in my luggage.” She defended.

“How old are you?”

“Eight—18.”

“You live with your girlfriend at the age of 18? Wow, you’re something.” Chen smirked.

“Y-yes. And I see nothing wrong with it.”

"I, Kim Jongdae, a man who can guess the color of a girl's underwear just by sniffing her perfume, will not fall into your obvious trap." He smirked. He stood up from Kris’ bed and filled the spaces between him and Yoonhee.

She suddenly felt nervous the moment Chen stood right in front of her. She avoided his eyes. "What are you talking about?" she asked nervously. Good thing, she managed not to stammer.

Chen cupped her chin and softly pinned her against the hard bed. "You are not one of us." he smirked. He leaned closer. He looked at her trembling lips, up to her pointed nose, and up to her scared eyes. "You're a girl." he whispered seductively and closed the space between their heads and captured her lips.

 

_____________________________________________________

 

Hi, sorry for the late update. Semi-finals last week, plus preparation for our oral defense for our practice set, and tons of reporting and I'm oh so tired T.T
I hope you liked the update, OTL



A/N: XiuChen is so CUTE! Chen makes me happy ^^