At Room 201

Unstoppable Marriage

 

Author's POV

 

Yoonhee bit her lower lip as she leaned her ear against the door of her parent’s room. She listened attentively to the every word she hears inside the room.

“She has to do it.” She heard her father said. “She must do it. I’ve promised to them that I will let their son and my daughter marry because if it’s weren’t for them, we will not be where we are right now.” There is a sense of superiority in her father’s voice.

Yoonhee’s eyebrows furrowed. “Bwoh?” she whispered to herself in disbelief.

“But they are still young.” Her mother disagreed. “And it’s not right to make your daughter a payment for our debt of gratitude. It just doesn’t seem right.” She could hear her mother’s weeps through the door.

She heard her father sighed. “She has to marry him. A promise is a promise. And I am not the kind of man who breaks his promises.”

 

Yoonhee’s POV

 

I opened the door of my room and shut it as hard as I could. I breathed many times and bit my lower lip because of my leveled-up irritation. “Like seriously?!” I asked myself in disbelief. I walked towards my bed and threw myself onto the soft cushion. I heaved a sigh as I closed my eyes.

 

Do I really have to marry someone just to pay the debt of gratitude of my parents?
 

I heaved a sigh and stared blankly at the ceiling. And there I slowly fell into a deep slumber.

 

-

 

“No. NO! Gu Yoonhee, you are not doing this.” Chosun, my best friend, held my hand with force when I was about to cut my hair, my brown long wavy hair which I took care of ever since I started High School.

I blinked at her. “It’s fine. I need to do this.” I pulled my hand away and attempted to cut my hair. But then she interrupted again and held my arm.

“You can stay at my place. You can stay there as much as you like until you convince your parents to call off that stupid wedding.”

I smirked and slightly laughed. “My father wouldn’t want that. And you know him; he’s just as stubborn as the most stubborn person living on earth.”

“B-but…”

I held her hand and squeezed it. “Thank you for being there for me when nobody else was. Thank you for tolerating my stubborn actions. But I really need to live on my own and make my parents regret for what they had planned for me. I’ll still call you, though, but not that often since my father might track where I am.”

She just pouted at me as a response. I looked at my reflection at the mirror. Tears are forming in my eyes now. I bit my lower lip and finally cut my hair. Oh my God, I feel so terrible. What I love the most about myself is my precious hair. I can feel its pain when it lands on the cold tiles of Chosun’s room.

 

-

 

I am standing in front of SM East High gates with my luggage with me. Basically, this is the most popular school next to SM East High II which is exclusively for girl students. In fact, I came from there. And the most intriguing fact is that SM East High II is just a 10 seconds walk from here. These schools are brothers/sisters.

You’re thinking that I am the stupidest person living in this planet for transferring into a school which is very near to my old school. I’m playing reverse psychology here, well you can consider it. My parents wouldn’t think of me, transferring into this school. Why? Because the point of my leaving is getting away from them which simply means I would live my life far away from Seoul… or wherever. And they wouldn’t think that I would be enrolling in a boys’ school. So SM East High I is the best place there is.

 

“Yah.” Someone called me which caused me to divert my sight into someone. A tall guy wearing a blue, err, can be considered as uniform, walked towards me with a stick. I just looked at him straight to his eyes and didn’t dare to blink. “Why are standing in front of SM East High premises?” he asked calmly but he certainly sounded so rough.

“I am new student here.” I answered wittily and tried getting my admission papers and other requirements from my bag.

The tall guy spat his toothpick to ground and I heard him scoffed. He wrapped his arms around me and pointed something before my eyes. “This is the school exclusive for boys… And that one is the one exclusive for girls.”

“I know.”

“So, show your admission there.” He smirked at me as he answered.

“I’m a boy.” I bluntly stated and looked at him with an annoyed look. He just looked at me teasingly and it’s written all over his face that he doesn’t believe me. I faked a smile at him and gave him my requirements.

He read the papers with a satisfied look in his face. He nodded continuously. He, then, lifted his eyes to me and looked at me with a friendly look. “I see. Sorry for my rude behavior earlier. You can get inside now.” He said and got another toothpick from his pocket and put it in his mouth. I faked a smile and slightly nodded. He went back to his post while hitting his shoulder with the stick that he was holding.

“Aigoo. This school’s security is tough.” I whispered to myself as I put my papers back to my bag.

For your information, SM East High is popular because of its students. This school can be considered as performing arts High School. They accept students who can act, sing, and dance. They even accept students who are talentless as long as you have the face. And I am embarrassed to be one of those students who are talentless but have the face. Yeah, lightning strikes  when I sing; I might get an ankle fracture if I dance; And whenever I act in a heavy drama, this will eventually lead into a comedy because of my AWESOME acting skills… if you know what I mean.

So SM East has this history that a ‘group’ of girls crossed-dressed just to get inside of this school and took some of the student’s pictures and posted them on the internet. Since then, everyone had doubts about this school’s security especially the students who suffered from a social trauma. So, they had built dorms inside the school for the student’s safety.

I was walking on the lifeless corridor of dorms looking for my room. School doesn’t start until next week but students are required to stay in their dorms a month before the school starts, safety purposes.

 

“Aha.” I gasped in joy as I finally found my room number.

 

201

 

I breathed deeply and slowly opened the door. A creak sound was heard and it seems like it was so loud. My jaw immediately dropped as I saw someone on the small bed sleeping with a half body. I made a small squeal sound, covered my eyes and immediately turned around.

Do boys sleep without shirts?! Aigoo.

I just controlled myself and avoided looking at him. And I just realized that there were two beds.

Will it be only the two us in this room?

I put my things on the floor and threw myself onto the bed. “Awww.” I groaned in pain. “This is far from my bed in my house.” I complained to myself. “But this is far better than marrying someone anonymous.” I whispered to myself and heaved a sigh.

Shoot ANONYMOUS!

This bed isn’t really bad. I just need to make myself used to it.

 

Chen’s POV

 

“Oh.”

Another student, eh?

I looked at him with judgmental looks as I scan his face from afar. I smirked as I leaned my shoulder onto the wall. This one has a pretty face. Feminine, I can consider. I silently chuckled at my own thought.

 

“Show time.” I smirked as I whispered to myself with a so-cool smirk on my handsome face.

 

Yoonhee’s POV

 

I was already feeling comfortable with the bed when I felt something dripping on my skin. I opened my eyes and gasped as someone was smirking at me. Worse, he was above me. LITERALLY, above me.

“Annyeong, baby.” He greeted me with a smile.

That’s the time when I realized that he was actually half as well. Worse, only a towel was covering his lower body. Worst, it seems that the towel could fall off anytime now. He looks so wet. His hair is dripping some water.

I immediately came back to my sense and tried to rise from my bed. But he pinned me with his hand back to the hard bed. “Where are you going?” he asked with a y smile that could bring shivers to the spine.

Did I just think y?! Oh my God, Gu Yoonhee!

“Get off me.” I managed to say. I looked at him directly into the eyes. “Are you gay?!”

“No, I’m not. Are you?”

“Bwoh?”

“Why are you scared?”

“Get off me.”

“Mmm. Let me guess the color of your brief.” He smirked as he started sniffing my perfume.

What are you? A fortune-teller?!

“White.” He added with a gentle smile

CRAP. What is he?! Did he just guess it correctly?!

Are you some kind of a ert?” I shot him back and glared at him. He didn’t answer. He just continued to lean down to my face. “Yah!” I shouted at him but he acted deaf and just continued mesmerizing me with his eyes and gentle smile. I involuntarily closed my eyes and waited for something that is already expected.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Hello there guys. This is chapie 1. I hope liked this.
Comment and subcribe!