Chapter 5

It's All Lies

 

It had been twelve days after the earrings incident and the two of you hadn’t talk to each other. Well, Daehyun tried, at least. But he was too scared to confront you and admitted his mistake, so he rather kept his mouth shut than to say anything at all.

 

Few days after the news of you and Daehyun having a crisis, you had been receiving bouquet of fresh roses everyday on your desk. It was anonymous though, the sender never gave details about him. But you doubt it was from Daehyun, since he never gave you flowers, even on Valentine’s Day.

 

“Wow, another bouquet of roses? You sure have a romantic admirer,” Yunee, your office mate who sat next to your desk, wiggled her neatly-shaped eyebrows.

 

You gave her a weak smile and put the roses down.

 

“I wonder who that mysterious guy is,” Yunee tapped her chin in thought. You sat on your chair and gave her a look, “Don’t you have work to do, unnie?”

 

Yunee made a face and left with a mumble. You shook your head as you the desktop and while waiting for it to process, you took out your phone. A text message popped out on the screen.

 

‘Good morning, gorgeous. I can see your poker face here from faraway here. Want to have a lunch out later? I don’t need NO as an answer.’ – Kris

 

You looked up and saw Kris leaning on his office door like a model. He caught your eyes and winked with a knowing smile.

 

You quickly averted your gaze from him and replied, ‘Okay.’

 

Kris smiled at your reply.

 

‘I’ll wait for you infront of the main door later with my Audi.’ – Kris.

 

***

 

Knock. Knock.

 

“Come in,” Daehyun stopped working on the desktop and massaged his temple. It had been hell for him these past few days. You didn’t want to talk to him at all and Mr. Park gave him a lot of pressure lately, even his mother realized his son wasn’t doing so well.

 

“Mr. Jung,” Yunee came in with a sweet smile, “I brought the files that Mr. Park wanted you to revise. It contains all private incomes that this company had gained since the last two years.”

 

“Put it on the table and you may leave. Thanks,” Daehyun shut his eyes as he thought Yunee would leave after that.

 

He could sense someone was approaching and when he opened his eyes, Yunee was leaning back with her on the table, showing her long slender legs wanting Daehyun to wonder what was left to imagine under the short black skirt.

 

Daehyun looked up at her with a questioning look, “What are doing, Ms. Lee? I thought I ask you to leave already.”

 

Yunee gave him the sweetest smile ever and leaned down. Daehyun backed away and raised an eyebrow.

 

Yunee chuckled when he saw Daehyun’s baffled expression. She dusted imaginary dust on his shoulder and faked a worry sigh, “I wonder if you know what your girlfriend is doing behind you, Daehyun-ah.”

 

“Just because we have dated before doesn’t mean you can call me informally during work hours, Yunee. I’m in charge of all of you here, so please respect me,” Daehyun brushed Yunee’s hand away from him.

 

“Oh well,” Yunee rose from her position and folded her arms, “Just so you know, your girlfriend is cheating behind your back. Pshh. That ungrateful woman, still finding an excuse to be with someone hotter when she got herself a hot boyfriend like you already.”

 

Daehyun’s eyes rounded. He never expected your office mate, moreover his ex-girlfriend, to talk about you behind your back. Daehyun stood up and shot her a look, “I don’t see a point why you have to tell me this, Yunee. April is my girlfriend, although we’re having a bit of crisis at the moment, doesn’t mean she loves me any less. Do you get what I’m saying?”

 

Yunee shrugged and inched closer until her face was just centimeters away from Daehyun’s chest. Daehyun was surprised at her boldness. He could feel his heartbeat raced just like how his heartbeat would react everytime he was with you. Daehyun gulped when he felt Yunee’s slender fingers touched his clothed chest.

 

“You see, I was trying to save you from a woman who was never thankful to have you as her boyfriend. I don’t think she loved you like how I love you, Jung Daehyun. You know I’ve always loved you since the first day we met and became a couple. I know I was in the wrong for cheating behind you at that time, but, you know I didn’t mean it. I still love you, Daehyun,” Yunee whispered as she nuzzled on his neck.

 

Daehyun shut his eyes, feeling the comfortable tingling sensation Yunee’s whispers brought. Unexpectedly, his arms slowly circled her tiny waist as Yunee kept nuzzling his neck and inhaling his manly scent, making his knees grew weak.

 

“Daehyun…” Both Daehyun and Yunee automatically pulled away from each other. Daehyun was really surprised to see you standing on the door with a clear shocked reaction.

 

“April…” Daehyun whispered, speechless. You stormed away from his office and went straight to your desk, taking your purse. You actually wanted to let him know about the lunch out with Kris so he wouldn’t think anything suspicious about it, but the scene infront of you; Daehyun and Yunee hugging each other, broke your heart.

 

“April, listen. It’s not what you think it was,” Daehyun caught your wrist on time after you came out from the elevator. He had used the stairs to follow you since he had to wait long for the next elevator to come.

 

You spun around with an expressionless face, “What did I see, Daehyun?”

 

Daehyun blinked, he couldn’t utter a single response to answer your sudden question. You weakly pulled away from his grasp and went out of the main door, heading towards a shiny white sports car. His eyes widened when he realized the familiar guy in the driver’s seat.

 

“Kris?” Daehyun’s voice came out weak. He watched Kris drove the car with you in the passenger’s seat to an unknown destination.

 

His heart dropped. ‘Why do you always leave me, April, now that you have changed? You promised to never leave me, but you left me for so many times already now without even giving me chance to explain myself. Is it true your love is changing now? Is it true, April? I don’t even want to know that. Please come back to me faster, April. I miss you.’