CHAPTER 1: Just a dream...

아름다운 스트랜저... (Beautiful Stranger)

 

“Umma!! Appa!!” You ran to your parents which are opening up their hands to you. You smiled flashing your white teeth and pink gums

“Umma! Appa! I’m so glad you’re back” you were a meter away from them, but no matter how you run you’re stuck there.

Suddenly the image of your parents went blur each second…  They were far away from you, the sky turned pitch black and only a spot light was shone on you, you looked around shoutting “Umma! Appa! Where are you?” tears were forming in your eyes, you knelt down and cried…

“Umma… Appa… don’t leave me…” you keep repeating those words muffling in between your sobs. Your words were incoherent , as you were crying so badly.

 

“Yah!! SulHee ah!! Yah!!! Wake up!!” Jaejoong , your elder brother shook you. Jaejoong was preparing breakfast for you, when he suddenly heard you screaming.

He came rushing to your room, there he found you crying and shouting “Umma! Appa! Don’t leave me!” Jaejoong felt a pang in his heart, he doesn’t like seeing you crying.

He tried to wake you up, finally after a few tries, you woke up.

“Yah SulHee-ah! Are you okay? Why were you shouting Umma and Appa? Another bad dream?” you didn’t say anything, just nodded. You looked at the digital clock beside you it showed “August 1 2012, 9:00AM” you sighed… knowing what day is today.

“Go wash up, I’ve prepared breakfast for you, after that we’ll be leaving to the cemetery.” You nodded and dragged your feet to the bathroom to get ready.

You took a hot shower to wake you up… a flashback of your dream then flashed by.. you’re gloomy. Today is your parents death anniversary, it’s already 18 years, and every year you will have the same dream on their death anniversary. You hardly can remember your parent’s face but there is a family picture of You , Jaejoong, and your parents beside your night stand, you were only 6 months old and Jaejoong was 7 back then, it was taken before they left for their business trip in France. One week after the picture was taken, your parents would be coming back to Seoul, but the plane that your parents were boarding had a bad turbulence , the whole plane shook, the pilot didn’t have good control of the air craft, causing the plane to crash near South Korea, a few survived but most were dead… your parents were on of them.

Because you’re only an infant, you didn’t know much. When time goes by pre-school, elementary school and finally high school, all of your friends and classmates have parents. Whenever Mother’s Day or Father’s Day is appoarching, your classmates will be discussing with each other on what to buy for their parents, you were left out. Anyway you schoolmates don’t like you, they think orphans are pathetic because they don’t have parents. You’re a reserved person so you don’t really talk in school because of that, people think your quiet and they detest you. You don’t like opening up on your personal life too much, it makes you feel uncomfortable. You only trusted in two people, one your brother and two your guy bestfriend Karam aka Park Hyunchul, he goes by ‘Karam’ when he was in Elementary School. You knew him since pre-school, because of his feminine features, you thought he was a girl at first, so during the first day of pre-school you saw him and approached him, it was play time, you two were playing at the school’s playground. Both of you get along together well. Karam went through thick and thin with you ever since day 1.

Flashback (pre school day when you were playing with Karam)

“Hi my name is Kim SulHee, Nice to meet you” the 5 year-old you held out your hand, you smiled

“Hi my name is Park HyunChul, Nice to meet you” he bowed and then held out his hand

you shook it and then you said shock “What? You’re a guy?? B-b-but you look like a girl” you pointed at him with your mouth gaping open

“I know… I don’t really like how I look” he said pouting,

you giggled “It’s okay , it’s nice meeting you! Want to play at the sand pit?” he nodded.

Both of you skipped to the sand pit

“Here” HyunChul opened his hands revealing a ball of sand

“It’s a present, “eat” it” you took the sand ball and pretend to eat it both of you giggled. You made one for HyunChul too.

That’s how you guys met..

End of flashback

You had finished washing up, you then changed into a dress

That Jaejoong bought for you as a present for your 17th birthday, it was your favourite dress, and you wear it on special occasions. You dried your hair and parted your bangs.

You went out of your room , into the kitchen where your brother is. He is wearing a simple dark blue long sleeved shirt with grey skinny jeans and a “J” necklace , he managed to look hot even in simple clothing.

“Wow look at my dongsaeng~” He smiled, satisfied with the dress .

“ Thanks to you oppa, your fashion sense is jjang, you can even pull it off in a Hamtaro PJ that you stole from Changmin oppa”(A/N: ㅋㅋㅋ

Jaejoong laughed and clapped his hands like a seal “True, but Minnie was furious with me when he found out I stole his precious PJ”

Both of you were chatting about random stuffs with eating your breakfast. After that you helped Jaejoong wash the dishes. The two of you then walked to the carpark near your apartment and Jaejoong drove to the cemetery.

The car ride was a quiet one, there was no tension in the air, you was just thinking about the dream this morning… /why do I have the same dream over and over again every year on my parent’s death anniversary/ Jaejoong looked at the rare mirror and saw you deep in thought , he know exactly what were you thinking about

“Ahem, PIKACHU” just by one word, you were snapped back to reality, you glanced around the car with big eyes

“Where? Where??” you looked around once again and then pouted

“Haha little iboo didn’t change at all hahaha” Jaejoong laughed, his eyes still on the road

“Hey! I told you not to call me that HMPH” you crossed your arms like a little kid throwing tantrum Jaejoong just chuckled /Your still the same throwing tantrums like a little kid/ . You doze off during the car ride, the distance from your house to the cemetery was quite far so you decided to take a small nap.

The car jolted making you wake up, you rubbed your eye and look around /We’re here…/ Jaejoong went out first to help you open the door, you walked out and Jaejoong pressed the button on the car key, locking the care /We’re here.. Umma Appa…/

HELLO~ How do you like the first chapter? :3