Chapter 6 - My Mistake

Monkey Love Fishy

 

D POV

          I wasn’t able to talk to Eunhyuk alone, and we were too busy preparing for our Super Show 3 in Taiwan. There were so many Eunhae moments, but I still wasn’t able to gauge whether he meant it or not. I took my chance when a fan presented us with a Eunhae banner. There was me in a wedding dress and Eunhyuk’s arm around me.

 

            I pointed at it and joked, “See? Even the fans know our true feelings.” I didn’t know what I expected. Did I think he was going to fling his arms around me and confess? Instead he gave me a dirty look and left me holding the banner as he put his arms around Siwon.

            My face fell. Yoona was wrong. Eunhyuk had no feelings for me. He hated Eunhae, he hated that I joked about it. He hated that I even brought it up. I looked at the banner sadly, and resolved there and then to put him out of my mind.

            After the concert was over, I decided to find Jessica. Maybe she was right. I should just distract myself with her. I saw her standing in the backroom and grabbed her roughly into the dressing room. I slammed her against the wall and began kissing her furiously. Her arms encircled me hungrily. I wasn’t driven by passion, more by anger, frustration and disappointment. She ran her hands down my back and wrapped her legs around me.

            “What the hell?” I heard Eunhyuk’s voice. Immediately, I froze. I let go of her, and she gasped as she slid down. I turned towards the doorway and saw him standing there. His hair was drenched with sweat and my breath caught when I saw his sculpted chest heaving with exertion. “Hyuk,” I began. But he already walked out.

            “Oppa?” Jessica’s hand touched my arm lightly. I looked at her cowering before me, so pretty, so willing, but not what I wanted. I smiled slightly and kissed her forehead. “Sorry, Jess.” I stalked out of the room.

E POV

            After the show, I wanted to look for Donghae, to apologize for ignoring him. He was just trying to patch our friendship, but once again I let my heart get the better of me. I looked into the dressing room and saw him locked in a passionate embrace with Jessica. My heart smashed into pieces and I spoke aloud without realizing it. “What the hell?”

            Donghae turned to look at me and called my name. But I didn’t want to hear anything else so I walked out. I couldn’t believe it. It was true; he was in love with Jessica. I sighed and shook my head. Silly Hyuk. You should’ve known. 

 

We got to the hotel and I was mindlessly throwing things around . I slipped into bed but couldn’t fall asleep. I heard Sungmin come in to gather his stuff before walking out again. My senses were on hyper alert and it wasn’t until late that I heard soft footsteps come in.

            “Hyuk? Are you awake?” it was Donghae’s voice. Tears of anger and pain rushed into my eyes before I could control them. I forced myself to pretend I was asleep. He sighed and came closer. I felt him lift the blankets up and started to move in next to me. I couldn’t take it anymore.

            I pushed him out of the bed and stalked up to him. “Lee Donghae, get OUT of my room. Why are you here? Missing someone? I’m so sorry we’re at a hotel and it’s impossible to sneak upstairs to Jessica’s room. Go away you nasty jerk.”

            Donghae got up and tentatively put a hand on my shoulder. “No, don’t be like that. I didn’t mean for you to see that. It.. I wasn’t thinking. Please, don’t be like this.”

            “I will be what I want to be! I walk in, wanting to apologize and I see this disgusting display. Ya, did you forget we were at a concert?? Were you so dying to see her you forgot to be professional?” I hated him and I hated myself.

D POV

            My mind was filled with hurt and rage. Who did he think he was? He had no right to be upset over something I did. I couldn’t stand the way he’s glaring at me as if everything was my fault. My eyes let loose a torment of tears.

            “I’m sorry. I didn’t know what I was doing. I don’t know what came over me.”

            His eyes didn’t soften. “I don’t CARE. Now go! We have another concert remember? I actually want to do well.” He pushed me out of the room but I kept an arm there, blocking him.

            “Hyukkie, just listen to me once, I…”

            “Don’t talk to me! Don’t call me Hyukkie, my name is Hyuk Jae!” he threw my arm out and slammed the door, locking it with a finality.

            By then all the other members were out and staring. Leeteuk-hyung shook his head and carried me slowly up to my room. I sobbed into his shoulder and was relieved when I saw him take me to his room.  I couldn’t sleep alone tonight.

 

 

Maliha, and other Fishy lovers (myself included) Don't hate me. I know our prince is the King of Tears, so I wanted to show that. It's part of his charm ^-^