Chapter 20- SooHyuk?

Monkey Love Fishy

 

D POV

            I wrenched my arm out of Jessica’s grasp. She gasped as her arm fell against her stomach. But I was too mad to think straight. My vision was clouded over with a haze of red. I could only think of two things.

One, she purposely followed me and Eunhyuk. She wanted to crash on us and ruin our day together.

Two, she staged her appearance to make it seem as if I was in on her little plan to set up Eunhyuk with Sooyoung.

Don’t get me wrong, I really like Sooyoung and find her funny. But there was no way I was letting anyone else be with my Monkey. I glared furiously at her and I clenched my fists to avoid from any violent actions.

“Donghae, what happened?” she looked at me with innocent eyes. Innocent as if she didn’t know what she did. “Why are you so mad at me? Answer me!” She tugged at my arms.

I crossed my arms and turned around to face her. “Let’s discuss this at home.”

 

 

J POV

            The way he looked at me was scary. It was as if he hated me, truly and thoroughly hated me. I shivered at his coldness and asked him, “Donghae, what happened? Why are you so mad at me? Answer me!” I didn’t understand what the whole thing was about. He couldn’t be this furious that I interrupted them, could he?

            He crossed his arms and replied in a taut voice, “Let’s discuss this at home.”

I’ve never seen Donghae this mad before. He was always the happy one, the one who hid his emotions to try and put on a brave front. But now, his chocolate eyes blazed with fury and it was directed at me. I bit my lips and stared down at the floor. When we got onto the bus, he didn’t glance back to see if I got on with him.

My heart froze in between despair and horror. Could he have realized what I’ve done? He shouldn’t be this furious if he didn’t know that I tried to set up Eunhyuk with Sooyoung. I pressed my lips together and thought hard. What can I do to get myself out of this mess?

He gripped my wrist and pulled me into SNSD’s dorms. I prayed the other members were there so he wouldn’t do anything rash.  He kicked open the doors and the entire dormitory was empty. My heart sank. Now what should I do? I sniffled, hoping tears would move him.

“You horrible, pathetic…” he raged at me. He pushed me onto the sofa and stood above me, glaring. “You know how I feel about Eunhyuk. You know that we’re best friends. You know that I love him. And yet you insist on this?”

When he said the word “love” I put my hands over my ears and screamed shrilly. He yanked my hands out of the way and raised his hands as if to slap me. I stifled my whimpers and shrank against the couch.

“Yes, Jessica, I LOVE him. And it’s all because of you that I can never be with him. So why do you keep torturing me like this? Why can’t you respect the fact that we’re friends? I don’t know what happened to you. You were always so good, and now you’ve turned into this jealous robot, out to destruct.  Why are you like this?” he began shaking and his voice cracked.

I stood up and hugged him. “Donghae, my love. I’m so sorry, it’s because Sooyoung told me she liked Eunhyuk. I thought it was the least I could do, to make my sister happy. Can you possibly blame me for that?” I held my breath trying to see if the nice card would work. I held him by the arm and peered up at his handsome face for his reaction.

A light of understanding passed over his face. I saw his beautiful eyes close in defeat. Although I hated to see him sad, my heart sang in triumph. I knew that line would snag his sensitive heart. He sank down onto the couch and nodded slowly at me, with misty eyes. “So that’s what happened. Sooyoung went and fell in love with Eunhyuk. I guess there’s nothing I can do but wish for their happiness.”

I slid onto the couch next to him and casually slipped off a strap of my tank top. I inched slowly over and whispered in a husky voice, “Come here, I can think of a way to make you feel better.”

D POV

            When Jessica told me that the reason she crashed our day out was because of Sooyoung, I couldn’t fight anymore. How could I possibly get in the way of an innocent girl’s love? I sat down on the couch and tried to keep my emotions in check.

            Jessica slithered towards me and whispered in an uncharacteristically seductive voice, “Come here, I can think of a way to make you feel better.” My head jerked back. “Bwoh?” I turned and saw that her tank top straps had fallen off and her shirt was slowly inching down, exposing…. areas I didn’t want to see but couldn’t help but look at.

 I panicked and looked around. I put out a hand, and said, “Stop! What are you doing?” With trembling hands, I hastily pulled up the straps. “What? What if someone walked in?” I jumped up and shook my confused thoughts away to clear my head. Although I was in love with Eunhyuk, I was still a guy and what Jessica had pulled have gotten to me. I cleared my dry throat and closed my eyes. “No, Jessica, we’re already getting married. Let’s do it the right way.” I ran out of the room, already forgetting about my anger.

E POV

            I smiled awkwardly at Sooyoung and decided to make the most of our time together. I couldn’t bear to make her upset. After all, she hasn’t done anything to me. I couldn’t fathom why exactly Jessica would set us up together. All the fans assumed it was Hyohyuk, and I knew there was no way Soo would like me. No way at all.

            We walked in an awkward silence until I looked at her. She was so tall, she reached my eyes. She was looking around contentedly and her large eyes gleamed. She was pretty, I admitted, but not my type. At least not when I was still stuck on Donghae. She swung her arms when she walked, like a little kid. I smiled as she held out her hands for a dove.

            “So, Sooyoung, how have things been going? Ready for your comeback in a few more months?” I asked, attempting to make conversation. She turned to look at me.

            “Yes, oppa. We’re pretty busy. How about you? Super Junior M will be making promotions soon and then you’ll be busy with your fifth album right?” she smiled prettily. I nodded and we started towards the petting zoo. She giggled as we saw a little pig fly into the mud.

            “Look, Soo. Don’t they call you piggy now? Look at you getting all dirty,” I joked around, then cringed. That wasn’t very gentlemanly or you, Hyuk Jae, I scolded myself. To my surprise she laughed out loud.

            “Well, oppa, at least I don’t stay on trees all day and scratch at my armpits,” she teased me lightly and poked me in the arm. I smiled. I could get used to this girl. She had a good sense of humor, unlike that ice cold happiness destroyer. We walked on and enjoyed light banter.

            The rest of the day passed happily, but I had one nagging thought in my head. Why did Donghae do this? Was he once more toying with my affections? Aish, you think too much about that boy, the voice in my head reprimanded. I sighed and went back home.

 

 

Ooooh, the beginnings of Soohyuk?? Could it be that our beloved Monkey is moving on from the lovable Fishy?

OH and at my younger or more innocent readers, I promise, scenes like the one above, will rarely happen. 

Hang in there, readers. I promise you there is a LOT more drama going to happen. I outlined the whole thing and the story might go up to 37-ish chapters. There's going to be more drama, so if you get bored, mianhe~ I promise I will try to make it as enjoyable as I can.

Eunhaelove, I know, there's going to be more drama. You can hang in there or you can stop reading, either way I still thank you for your great advice and review :D

At silent readers, come on people! I love feedback and I like to personally answer everyone XD

OOHHHH

This is not for a while yet, BUT please send me a link to your favorite Eunhae pics <3 You'll see why eventually~