Chapter 37- All Wrapped Up

Monkey Love Fishy

 

D POV

The next morning, I woke up and started to get ready for the final day of fittings. The doors to my room opened and Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk were standing there. Kyuhyun was holding a stuffed manila envelope. He pushed into the room and Eunhyuk closed it.

            “Hyung, I think it’s important for you to see this,” the maknae handed over the envelope. I sat on the bed and looked through the paperwork. I saw my hospital records and DNA strips that matched to the baby. I also saw DNA tests that matched the baby to a certain Tom Park. There were copies of various documents, so obviously forged.

            “What is this?” I asked, fearing the worst. My hands shook as I held out the papers.

            “It’s basically proof that Jessica lied. The baby isn’t yours. It’s really this YoonJin person’s. I think you should talk to her and see if she can be reasoned with,” Eunhyuk said quietly.

            I sat down on my bed. “What? Are you sure?”

            Kyuhyun nodded. “Hyung, I’ve been trying to figure this out for a while. I always thought it was a little fishy, especially since you insisted you didn’t do anything to her.  I knew one of you must have been lying, and immediately assumed it was her. So I conducted… investigations with Yoona and found this. Eunhyuk helped too.”

            I stared at the two of them. Kyuhyun looked at me earnestly while Eunhyuk kept his head down. I felt relief. At last I was able to declare my innocence. Then I felt a rage at Jessica. How could she? How dare she lie about this to me into marrying her?

            I nodded and went in grabbed my phone. “Jessica, we need to talk. I need to meet with you right now,” I called her.

“Hae, today’s the last day for fittings. But okay, I’ll be at my dorms, getting ready. Be here in fifteen minutes.”

            I got to the dorms and walked in. Jessica was standing there in a brilliant orange dress. But I wasn’t blinded by her beauty. I was furious at her. I threw the envelope at her and said, “Can you explain this?”

            Her face paled as she rifled through the documents. She shook her head and walked up to me. She put her hand on my chest, but I stepped away. “Donghae, it’s not what you think! No, this is a lie. I don’t know what this is!” her voice shrilled.

            I glared at her and said, “Why did you lie and say the baby was mine? You knew it wasn’t. You went out of your way to forge DNA tests. Are you really that desperate? Does this Tom person not accept his role?”

            She shook her head and her eyes filled with tears. “Donghae, no you misunderstand. This is all a lie! I don’t know where you got the documents from, but I don’t know a thing about them.”

            “Haha, and that’s why they were in your desk, and that’s why Mr. Choi had contact with you?” a dry sarcastic voice floated from the doorway. I turned and saw my Monkey standing there with his arms crossed.

E POV

            I couldn’t resist following Donghae. I had to make sure he was doing things right. I stood outside the door and heard Jessica lie, “Donghae, no you misunderstood. This is all a lie! I don’t know where you got the documents from, but I don’t know a thing about them.” I couldn’t take it and walked in.

            “Haha, and that’s why they were in your desk, and that’s why Mr. Choi had contact with you?” I said. I watched her face turn white and she backed up and fell on her bed. Tears began to fall and she was gasping for air.

            I stood away, watching for Donghae’s reaction. He was standing in front of her, watching her coldly. She lifted her arms and tried to pull Donghae to her, but he wouldn’t budge. “Hae, you don’t understand. I’ve always loved you. When we were going out, it was the best times of my life. I was happy. But, then you told me you were in love with Eunhyuk. What did you expect me to do? I wasn’t going to let you go without a fight.”

            I watched in shocked fascination as I registered what Jessica said. Donghae’s face turned red with anger. I held my breath, waiting for his response.

D POV

            When I heard Jessica say, “But, then you told me you were in love with Eunhyuk. What did you expect me to do? I wasn’t going to let you go without a fight.” I exploded. I slipped a quick look at Eunhyuk and saw that he was dumbfounded. I didn’t have time to determine whether that was a good or bad thing before my rage took over.

            “THIS IS WHAT YOU CALL A FIGHT?” I laughed a bitter bark. “You lie about me doing immoral acts with you and almost get me to marry you, just to keep me away from someone you know I love? You are a psycho, and I question your sanity. I’m going to call my mother right now and tell her the wedding is off. The reason, well you can think of one. But I promise you, if it’s anything scandalous, I will reveal to the world how treacherous you are.” I turned around and left the room.

J POV

            I was getting ready for the final fitting when my phone rang. It was Donghae. What could he possible want? I picked it up. “Jessica, we need to talk. I need to meet with you right now.” I told him to come quickly, looking at the clock anxiously.

            Donghae came bursting in and he slammed the doors shut. His face was stormy with anger. As he threw the papers at me, my heart immediately sank. I knew then that all was over. That he would never look at me again.

            When Eunhyuk came and completely gave me away, I had no choice but to watch him leave. Oh Donghae, if you only knew how much I loved you, you wouldn’t have reacted this way. My heart shattered when he turned and left.

            I wanted to call him back, and apologize and make him see why I did it. But I couldn’t. Because I knew what I did was wrong. But was it treacherous to want to be with who you loved? I buried my head into the pillow and prayed for death.

            Losing the love of my life hurt so much, death was a painless solution. I wanted out of this life. I guess what I needed now was some sort of forgiveness. I picked up my phone and called Tom.

D POV

            My heart was pounding and blood was roaring in my ears. I heard Eunhyuk follow me silently. When I reached the steps of their dorm, Yoona was there.

            “Oppa! Did you talk to Jessica-unni?” she looked at us with concern in her eyes.

            I nodded and wondered who else knew about this. I turned to Eunhyuk and asked him my question. “Only her and Kyu,” he responded, his eyes not meeting mine. We walked back to our dorm and found it empty. Everyone had left to go to the rehearsal. I led Hyukkie into my room and turned off my phone.

            Trembling, I turned to him. “Hyuk, I think you heard what Jessica said. And it’s true. I do love you. It’s always been you. No matter how hard I tried to deny my feelings, I knew I was in love with you. Eunhae is true, on my part.” I searched his face for any emotion.

            Eunhyuk’s eyes looked at me lifelessly. His mouth was turned down in a sad frown. I put my hands on his shoulders, and he exploded.

            “Ya! Get your hands off me. I can’t have this. How can we do this to our members? Eunhae is only a fan thing! It cannot be true! Do you know what can happen to our careers if this ever gets out? Do you want to ruin our hyungs and dongsaeng’s chances in the industry? Donghae, how can you be so selfish? Don’t ever talk about such things in front of me again.” He pushed my hands off and ran out of the room.

            My heart shattered into a billion pieces and tears slipped down my cheeks. My life was officially over.

E POV

            When Donghae told me he loved me, I had a moment of happiness. It was a moment of such pure brilliant ecstasy. It was my dream coming true, and all the pain and grief I suffered was suddenly worth it. Then my brain took over, and logic kicked in. How could I harm our other members by allowing myself this one happiness? With my heart breaking, I refused him. Unable to bear the tragic despair on his beautiful face, I ran out of the room.

            I ran right into the arms of Leeteuk-hyung. He hugged me and held me until we walked into my room. I was gasping with tears and didn’t realize the other members gathering in my room. Heechul-hyung was noticeably absent.

            “He’s in Donghae-shi’s room. I know that’s the only hyung he will really listen to right now,” our leader said. Sungmin stood in front of me and hugged me to him. Ryeowook and Kyu also were there.

            “Hyukkie, I know you think you’re ruining our careers. But the thing is, true love is only once. I’ve seen you and Hae together. We support you, and so will our fans. Don’t worry about Lee Soo Man. We’ll take care of him,” Sungmin vowed, taking my hand.

            “Yeah. I’m not going to be formal cause this is serious, but really Hyukkie. Eunhae will last, and so will Super Junior!” the evil maknae put in, smiling at me.

            I looked at our leader. Leeteuk-hyung looked at me and nodded with encouragement. “Eunhyuk, all of us support you.” They all wrapped me into a group hug.

            I smiled gratefully at the members and their loving support. I knew what I had to do.

D POV

            After Eunhyuk walked out, Heechul-hyung walked in. His normally bright eyes were serious. “Lee Donghae,” he started, putting his legs up on my desk. “I am a man of little words. So, I will tell you what I want to say in simple terms. Don’t worry about that Dance Machine. He’ll come around. You, my little Prince, come to your Cinderella-hyung.” He held out his arms for a hug.

            I leapt into his welcome arms and continued to cry. He patted my back in a comforting gesture and held me until my breathing calmed. “Thanks so much, Heechul.” He smiled and didn’t mind my informality. 

 

 

Wow, this was a disappointment of a chapter. My friend recently passed away, and I'm still in mourning. I've been sick with bronchitis. My heart is breaking because I can't leave my baby~ But I have to. I owe it to all of you to finish this story beautifully, and I will. 

I'm sorry the confession chapter couldn't have been better, but I felt I had to be blunt. I didn't feel the need for pretty images and drama. It is how it is. 

If you're disappointed in this chapter, tell me. If enough people protest against it, I will rewrite.