Chapter 1- What Started Everything

Monkey Love Fishy

 

E POV

            It’s hard to love someone you know you can’t have. It’s harder to love someone you know you can’t have and doesn’t love you back. My story~

            It was a normal day at our dorm, and I was just lounging on my bed, listening to my iPod. Sungmin walked in and threw a pillow at me.

            “Eunhyuk-ah! Wake up and stop being so lazy. We have another performance in five hours. Get up. Get up!”

            I stood up and stretched. “Aish~ all right all right. I’ll go get ready.” I walked into the bathroom and started wash up. I stepped out of the shower, and reached for the towel when Donghae walked in.  “AHHHH!!!!!!!!” I screamed, grabbed the towel and raced out to my room. I jammed on my jeans before he walked back out.

            “Eunhyuk, what’s wrong with you? I didn’t know you were in there. Besides it’s not the first time this happened. Sheesh, always being a drama queen.” He shook his head and walked towards me, smiling.

I hastily pulled on a T-shirt and pushed him in the direction of the door. “Come on. The hyungs would not be happy if we make us any later. Sungmin was already becoming violent.” Donghae chuckled and followed me into the living room.

All the other members were there waiting for us. Leeteuk-hyung had an irritated look on his face, and we both bowed, saying mianhe. We were sorry for taking so long. We walked out the door and filed into the van. On the ride to the SM building, we were singing raucously and bellowing out random lines to the songs on the radio. I sat next to the window, and next to Donghae. But I faced outside to avoid looking at him.

“Ya, Eunhyuk-shi. Why are you so quiet?” Donghae leaned over to pinch my cheeks. They burned. I stuck out my tongue and jammed my head into his stomach. He retaliated and soon we were play-fighting until Heechul-hyung told us to settle down.

“You kids, always hitting and acting like toddlers.” He shook his head and continued his cat, Heebum.

Donghae pouted and took my hand in his, blowing on my fingers and making them curl in different ways. I shivered involuntarily and watched his absorbed face as he continued to play. Suddenly, he looked up and caught me staring at him. His lips curled into a lazy smile and his brown eyes winked lazily at me. I blinked and looked away before wrenching my hand out of his grasp.

“Ya, you’re always doing that. I’m not your plaything,” I said to him. He only continued to stare at me.

D POV

            I was playing with Eunhyuk’s fingers, and making them curl and bend in amusing shapes when I felt a gaze on me. I turned to look and saw my Hyukkie staring at me. His hair skimmed right above his swollen eyes and his lips were full and I wanted them. I smiled and winked at him. He scowled and yanked his hands away.

            “Ya, you’re always doing that. I’m not your plaything,” he told me. I smiled even wider and continued staring at him. Eventually he turned his gaze back out the window.

            Lee Hyuk Jae, Eunhyuk, Jewel Prince, Dance Machine, Monkey. He’s always been my best friend, but I realized that he was more than that to me. When he cried, which was often, I cried with him. When he was hurt, I felt the pain. It was like we had this connection, this bonding. I loved him, but I didn’t know if he loved me. And that’s what hurts the most.

            When we got to the SM building, I saw SNSD outside. Jessica was waiting for me, as usual. I climbed out the van and she came running towards me.

            “Oppa! I’ve missed you!! Why did you not answer my texts and phone calls?” She pouted, her adorable eyes blinking at me. Behind me, I heard Eunhyuk snort. I looked at him and he was scowling at Jessica. My heart thumped. Was he jealous? No, it can’t be. He doesn’t like you, Lee Donghae! Don’t be a babo.

            Jessica and I have an… interesting history. We’ve dated informally for a while but I ended it because of my busy schedule. But we still saw each other around the company. I ended it because I no longer wanted to lie to her; my heart just wasn’t in it. My heart was Eunhyuk’s.

            I extracted myself from her hug and walked into the building. Everyone else was already in their gear, ready to practice. We had a Music Bank performance coming up and I did not need any distractions.

            Hyukkie was in the front playing with Sungmin. My jaw clenched and I rolled my neck back and forth. Stop it. You’re being ridiculous, I told myself. There’s nothing going on between those two. Sungmin has our evil maknae, and even if there was, I had no right to be jealous. I sauntered past them and walked to my spot.

            Dandandadan… the song started and we began to practice. But my heart wasn’t in it. When it was my solo, I was so flustered I forgot to pull out the rose. The music stopped and the choreographer sighed. He came up to me.

            “Donghae-ah! Keep your head in the song! I know you’re excited but don’t mess up okay? We only have two more hours,” he scolded me. I nodded and redid my part. Later on, I was distracted by Eunhyuk singing his solo and forgot to do the head turn. Luckily, I wasn’t caught.

            Hours later, when we were waiting to go on stage, I forced myself to be professional and to empty my heart of any emotion. The performance went off well, and I was relieved. When they announced that we had won the Song of the Year, our leader, Leeteuk, grabbed the mic and said his thank you speech.

            Eunhyuk started crying, just like he did when Sorry Sorry won Daesang. I beat Sungmin to him and hugged him to me. My heart began to thump as his strong arms circled around me, and I breathed in his strawberry scented hair. I began to breathe shallowly and my head spun as I felt the contours of his face against my chest. “Shh, it’s okay,” I murmured.

 

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSOSxwEWFA4 As reference :D