For a Moment

She Is Love

 

Warning: Slightly PG-13.


 

He doesn’t know how or why it happened, but all he can think about now is how much he wishes he could take it all back.

 

Lee Taemin is the type of person who regrets things. He isn’t like Key-hyung, who never looks back once he gets going. He can’t even imagine being like Jonghyun-hyung, who is so strong and firm in his beliefs and decisions that even hundreds of anti-fans couldn’t get him down.

 

But, Taemin thinks, if his hyungs were in his position right now, they’d be smacking themselves up the head too.

 

He doesn’t know if this is what you call lovesickness, but if it is he never wants it again.

 

It’s been four days since he last saw her, and for the life of him he can’t get her out of his head. Every time he closes his eyes, he pictures her against him, swaying to the beat of the music in the crowded club. And then he pictures her sleepy smile, and the way she laughs prettily into his ear.

 

On the first day, he continuously beats himself over the head for his actions. He tells himself that it was all physical, they were just a regular guy and girl with regular hormones and regular hormonally-driven instincts. It was nothing more than that.

 

On the second day, he begins to think about her more. Everything she said and did before becomes cute or pretty or attractive when he thinks about it again and he doesn’t understand why. He finds himself smiling when remembering some corny joke she told him a few weeks ago and then slaps himself in the head for doing it.

 

On the third day, he resigns himself to his feelings and spends all of his practice breaks wondering when they will meet next and trying to work out ways to avoid it.

 

He thinks things will be awkward between them now. He really hopes it isn’t though, because Luna’s a person he doesn’t want to lose in his life. What would it be like if she wasn’t there, laughing and talking and smiling at him? She is one of those rare people in his life that is easy to talk to and never fails to make him smile.

 

One of his closest female friends—that is all he ever saw her as until that night.

 

 


 

 

It’s a late Friday night when Taemin leaves the SHINee dorm, informing his hyungs that he is meeting with some friends at a discrete club not too far away. He meets with Kyungsoo and Tao on the way out and together they act as ordinary as they can as to avoid attracting attention. The neighborhood they have to go through is bright and vibrant and fairly full of people, but nobody pays mind to the three boys sticking close together with their heads down.

 

“I didn’t know the 93-line had gatherings.” Kyungsoo muses, hands shoved in his pockets as they walk.

 

“We like to keep things on the down-low.” Taemin nods with a grin. “It’s like an exclusive club, but our schedule is all over the place.”

 

“Won’t people recognize us inside?” Tao asks.

 

Taemin wrinkles his nose. “It’s quite dark and flashy in there, it’s hard to see anyone clearly unless they’re right in front of you. We’ve been here once before, but the people who do recognize you don’t seem to care.”

 

Tao makes a noise of understanding and then pouts slightly. “Why weren’t we invited last time?”

 

Exclusive.” Taemin stresses, giving them both a pat on the back. “Certain amount of time after debut, or something. I don’t know, somebody else deals with most of the technical stuff.”

 

They arrive at a small hole-in-the-wall when it is almost midnight and Taemin ushers them in before he steps in himself.

 

It is dark and lights are flashing to the beat of the music that is blasting in the background. He can already feel his body warming up to the sound and the thumping of his heart synchronizes with the song. He has one hand on Tao’s shoulder and another on Kyungsoo’s as he guides them through the edge of the dancing crowd, towards the back where they had planned to meet.

 

The room is packed with people and slightly smoky, but Taemin feels free here. On this night, they are just some friends gathered together to have some fun.

 

“Taemin!” He hears a voice call his name and with a grin he pushes the two EXO boys a little harder towards the sound.

 

They are graced with greetings after greetings and a handful of introductions as they approach a large table scattered with people. Taemin notices there are quite a few new faces, but it is understandable since quite a bit of idol groups debuted this year. Infinite’s Sungjong pulls him over to take a seat beside him and he complies.

 

“Hey, Lee Taemin!” A familiar voice calls out. Luna’s head pops out from beside Sungjong and she greets him with a smile. “Why didn’t you tell me you were coming tonight? We could’ve walked together.”

 

“Had to wrangle in the fresh meat.” He replies, nodding to the Kyungsoo and Tao whom were sticking close and mingling with B1A4’s Gongchan on the other side of the table.

 

Luna nods in response and then laughs as IU, who is seated on the other side of her, curves a hand around her face and pats it lightly.

 

“My pretty Sunyoung.” IU coos and then suddenly burst into giggles and turns away to chat with Apink’s Eunji.

 

“Has she—“

 

“Just a little.” Luna and Sungjong respond in unison and then burst in to laughter.

 

Taemin mock-frowns. “You all started without us.”

 

“You guys were late!” Chunji’s voice shouts from across the table. “But now that everyone’s here…”

 

A glass appears in front of him, courtesy of Boyfriend’s Hyunseung and everybody rises from their seats.

 

So maybe the 93-line didn’t have the most conventional of gatherings, but they were at the very beginning of true adulthood now, and this was their way of celebrating it.

 

“Cheers!”

 

This is how it began.

 

 


 

 

The music is pounding through his whole body. It is crowded with people and both strangers and friends are pressed up against him from all sides. It’s hot and all he has to do to escape it is walk away, but instead he loses himself in the feeling. This is where he makes the first mistake.

 

That is when he notices her. Not the usual kind of notice, like “Oh, it’s Luna,” but really notices her. His mind is a little fuzzier than usual but when he looks at her everything is crystal clear. He is unknowingly unable to take his eyes off of her as he watches her dance a few feet away from him. She’s wearing a tight, flashy top with an equally tight, black skirt and high heels and her long chocolate hair is left down and hanging over her shoulders. The way she moves is almost hypnotizing to him, and he then experiences an unjustifiable type of possessiveness towards her. She’s with Jieun and Jiyeon, all of them dancing together in a tight circle.

 

He sees a random guy walk up behind her and wrap an arm around her waist, pulling her towards him, but Luna is quick to push the hands off and continues dancing. It bothers him. He doesn’t know why it’s affecting him because she is definitely not his to look after, but he is unable to look away.

 

This happens two more times before Taemin starts to get sick of seeing it and makes his way over with Kyungsoo, who also notices, in tow. This is his second mistake.

 

He is standing close behind her now as Kyungsoo stands closer to the other two girls to help them bat people off, but the crowd soon pushes them apart and Luna is in her own world. He knows she knows he’s behind her, but she is lost in the music and that is when Taemin finds her incredibly attractive.

 

A more upbeat song begins to play and the crowd becomes fuller and rowdier and in an instant she is pushed right up against him and he catches her, holding her steady against him. This is his third mistake.

 

The atmosphere is hot and heavy, lights are flashing everywhere and through the smoky haze his mind feels almost numb. Her back is pressed flat against his chest and he can feel her tight stomach underneath his hands. Her rear is grazing the front of his pants in a rhythmic motion and he lets out an intake of breath. He knows he should let her go then—push her back away and continue dancing on his own, but his hands refuse to budge.

 

That’s when she turns her head back to look at him. Her chocolate-brown eyes are as bright as ever but half-lidded as she stares at him with a hint of a smile and he stares back. If he ever thought she wasn’t y before, he is definitely proven wrong at this moment. For a moment he thinks she might push him off too, but she surprises him as she snakes her hands down to his and holds them against his own. She grabs them and draws them tighter against her, affectively pulling him closer until they are fully pressed together. Then she starts to move again and it drives him wild.

 

His head is somewhere in the air now and he feels cloudy and his eye-lids feel heavy as he pulls his hands out to cover hers instead, pulling her as close as possible until his whole body is wrapped around hers and she sways and he sways with her. He can feel her losing herself too as she grinds against his front again and his breath catches in his throat for a second. He’s sure she can feel him now, as he can feel almost every curve of her petite body, and he has to use all his willpower not to against her because this is neither the time nor the place, but it is incredibly difficult to resist when all he can feel is her and her body.

 

Constantly being thrown into skirts and dresses and high-heels on stage did a number on Taemin’s masculine appeal. He knows he has a pretty face and he understands that he’s the next token pretty boy of the company since Heechul-hyung is in the army, but he doesn’t like it. He’s okay with it once in a while when it’s just for laughs, but when they start to put excessive make-up on him and give him hemlines that show more than his boxers, it becomes a chore. He’s a man now, but he knows the public still sees him as the young kid that debuted 4 years ago with a permanent smile. He can’t escape that image no matter how many things he does.

 

But right now, at this moment, he feels more like a man than ever.

 

She links their fingers together and continues to rub against him mesmerizingly. He curves his chin down onto her shoulder, burying his face in her neck with a soft hum and inhaling her scent. He has never felt so attracted to anybody before, but then he has never done anything quite like this before. He’s been training and working since he hit puberty and now he’s going completely on a whim. She leans her head back onto his chest and he presses the side of his head against hers and she lets out a noise of satisfaction. He wonders if she knows how much she is driving him crazy.

 

The music doesn’t slow down, but they do and he doesn’t realize until then that his eyes are closed. He belatedly wonders if she is sober and hopes that if she isn’t that this isn’t considered taking advantage of her. He had only drunk enough to be slightly tipsy because he knows his hyungs would disapprove if he couldn’t keep up the next day.

 

They dance like that for the rest of the night without words, and he doesn’t mind it then but he knows he might regret it later. He doesn’t know how long they stay like that, but it isn’t until later, when a red-glowing Tao and a stumbling Kyungsoo wave him over from the edge of the club, that he realizes he has spent almost the entire night with her.

 

He lightly knocks his head against Luna's and she turns to look up at him with a questioning smile.

 

“Hey, I’ll walk you back to your dorm now, okay?” He whispers into her ear and she nods. She begins to pull away but he keeps his hands around her waist so she can’t get very far. He is wearing particularly tight pants today and he doesn’t fancy displaying his bulge for anybody who is sober enough to see. He slowly and deliberately slides his hand up her side and onto her shoulders and holds her there before gently guiding her forward as she lets out a small laugh.

 

“Taeminieee—“ Kyungsoo drapes an arm around Taemin’s shoulder as soon as he reaches them and throws the other around Tao, who waves at them eagerly with a wide grin.

 

“Let’s go.”

 

They leave the club and walk outside. Tao and D.O are leading the way with messy skipping as he walks slowly behind them, still wrapped around Luna. He doesn’t know why he’s doing this. They aren’t usually on this level of intimacy, they aren’t dating, they aren’t anything but good friends if not really good acquaintances. He doesn’t know how he’s going to deal with this tomorrow, but he can’t even bring himself to care at this moment because she feels so right in his arms. They’re on a very fine line right now, and he doesn’t know which way to pull it.

 

They arrive at Luna’s building first, which is only a couple of blocks away from the boys’, so they enter and he slowly instructs the two EXO members to wait in front of the elevator quietly as he escorts her up.

 

The elevator door shuts and he’s holding her closely in front of him and resting his chin on the top of her head when she really talks to him for the first time since they danced.

 

Her voice is a little airier than usual, which he realizes is a sign that she’s still a little drunk as well.

 

“Is this what having a boyfriend is like?”

 

Taemin looks down at her affectionately and lightly pushes all of her hair to one side. “I don’t know.”

 

“Can you…” She hesitates, fingers wiggling under his. “Pretend to be my boyfriend just for tonight? I really like being held like this.” She finishes quietly.

 

His expression is unreadable as he stares at her, but he only pulls her closer again. “Yeah. I can do that.”

 

She lets out a contented sigh as the elevator doors draw open and she leads them over to her dorm.

 

“Do you still sleep on the top bunk?” He whispers into her ear as she punches in the passcode. She let’s out an ironic laugh and nods. “I’ll help you up then. That’s what boyfriends do, right?”

 

The dorm is pitch black and silent and as they creep in Taemin checks the clock and realizes it is a little past 3 in the morning.

 

Luna yawns against him and points to the room that she and Sulli share.

 

“Oh wait—my make-up—“ She mutters under her breath while stifling another yawn. Taemin struggles to hold his own yawn in and unwittingly begins to laugh in the middle of one, only to be shushed by Luna who is now rummaging through her purse.

 

“Do you need help with that?” He asks and she shakes her head and pulls out a moist towelette before tiredly wiping her face with it. His eyes dart to her wrist and he reaches out to pull a hair-tie off. He stands behind her; gently combing her hair back and from behind the towelette she makes a noise of contentment. He pulls her long hair into a ponytail and walks over to the kitchen area to grab a plastic bag.

 

She’s rubbing off her eye make-up and looks at him with one eye questioningly and he grins at her. “In case you can’t make it to the bathroom tomorrow morning.” She snorts and nudges him before giving out another yawn.

 

Luna throws away the towelette with a bare face and shuffles into her room, opening the door with quiet precision and Taemin in tow. He trails in after her and walks up behind her as she takes the first step onto the bunk-bed ladder and then sways backwards slightly.

 

He holds in a chuckle and quickly reaches over to steady her for the rest of the way up. Luna plops down on the bed as Taemin goes up a couple steps himself and carefully places the plastic bag beside her pillow before drawing her blanket over her.

 

“Thanks.” She smiles at him, eyes practically closed. “Goodnight, Taemin.”

 

Taemin stares at her carefully, admiring how the moonlight hits her face at just the right angle and how peaceful she looks smiling at him. He is unwittingly her hair and on an impulse he plants a soft kiss on her forehead. “Goodnight, Sunyoung.” She is knocked out before he gets out the door and as he stands in the elevator on his way back down he is mentally slapping himself on the head.

 

He wonders what they are now. Was this just a one-night thing? How much of it would she even remember? What if she remembered all of it? Would they be awkward now? He didn’t want to lose a good friend. But does he like her more than a friend? Or was it just the alcohol and the physical attraction talking? But physical attraction can stem from regular attraction.

 

He musses up his hair with his hand in his musings and when the elevator dings he exits, only to be greeted with a passed out Kyungsoo and swaying Tao. He walks over with a groan and motions for Tao to help him with the deadweight. And now he has to take these guys back to their place and make sure they all got in safely.

 

This was going to be a long night.

 

 


 

 

He sees her a week later from a distance and she spots him first. Their eyes connect and neither one of them wavers.

 

Slowly and hesitantly, Taemin approaches her. Luna’s eyes widen slightly and her cheeks tinge a light pink as she recalls the other night again.

 

“Taemin.” She greets him with slightly shy smile.

 

“Hi.” Taemin responds, shoving his hands in his pockets.

 

“Thank you… for taking care of me the other night.” Luna manages to say.

 

He observes her carefully. Her hair is pulled back prettily into a low ponytail and she is looking straight into his eyes, but not as comfortably as she used to. “No problem.”

 

They both nod their heads and a silence takes over.

 

“I’m so—“

 

“I think I like you.”

 

Her eyes widen and drops slightly open in shock. “Wh-what?”

 

Taemin brushes his nose with a finger in nervousness before looking away. “I think I like you. I really can’t get you out of my head. I’m sorry, what were you going to say?” He mentally scolds himself for unwittingly speaking so abruptly.

 

Luna is still open-mouthed in shock as she blinks up at him. “You.. You like me?”

 

He flushes pink in embarrassment and takes a step back. “Uh. Yeah, but it’s okay. You can just pretend I didn’t say anything. I think I’m going to go—“

 

Taemin bows messily before turning around to leave and is only able to take a couple of quick steps before a hand latches around his wrist and stops him in his tracks.

 

“Hey, Lee Taemin. What kind of man confesses and then walks away like that?” Luna’s voice sounds different than it usually does and she lets out a little laugh. “The least you can do is ask me out on a date.”

 

He lets out a laugh and turns around, cheeks still slightly rosy. She’s smiling brightly at him with her eyes curved.

 

“Right. Park Sunyoung, would you like to have dinner with me sometime this weekend?”

 

“Yes, I would love to.”

 


A/N: I know I said L.Joe would be next, but I'm totally blank on what to write for him! I apologize for the probably strangely-characterized Taemin and I don't know why I wrote a Taemin story because I'm a hardcore Lunew fan, but here you go! Slightly more PG-13 than the rest... I apologize for that too. I've never written anything quite like this before so I'm a bit embarrassed. I saw this gif of them (http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lax5fuIHoI1qam0cl.gif) which is probably the cutest interaction between them that I've ever seen, so I'm not going completely on a whim here! Also, I don't know much about the EXO guys, but I love most of the 93-line, so I had to put them in here. Anymore pairing suggestions? Hehe.

I'm going to be on vacation for the next three weeks and then I have to move back and start college again, so updates will be few and far between from now on, but thanks to everyone who stuck around. :) Cheers!

Image from princeu tumblr.