To You

She Is Love

The first time Lee Chanhee meets Park Sunyoung it is merely in passing and he doesn’t give her much thought. They’re both 18 and she’s his relatively successful sunbae and his focus is completely on his group because they’ve worked too hard in an industry clouded by bias and hardcore fans to leave with nothing.

 

The first time Chunji really talks to her is a year later, when they’re both 19 and Niel is co-hosting MTV’s The Show with her.

 

Her hair is blonde now and pulled back into two pigtails, her smile is beaming bright, and Chunji finds her cute. She is dressed prettily in a skirt or a dress—he can’t really tell the difference—and when she walks by her powerful thigh muscles momentarily distract him before he feels slightly embarrassed for ogling at her legs and looks away.

 

She sits down to film a casual interview with them and she is humble and encouraging when briefing them, so he swipes the seat next to her before the rest even have a chance to process her words.

 

Luna begins the interview and for some reason, he is entranced. He is faintly aware of the other members laughing at something she said and he knows that he should be facing the camera regularly, but he can’t look away from her when she talks. He manages to bow and do their greeting on cue anyway.

 

Ricky says the starting line and the interview is set into motion.

 

“Luna-sunbaenim, did you spray perfume? Right now it reeks of perfume.”

 

“No! Where? Where? Smell!” She sticks her arm out and right in front of him.

 

Chunji can hear Niel adlibbing but something pulls him forward and he takes a whiff in spite of himself. He smiles when he recognizes the obvious delightlyfully peachy scent and pretends to deny it.

 

“It’s stick perfume! Stick perfume!”

 

“I think it’s just the way Luna-sunbaenim smells.” Chunji jokes, and for some reason his hands are gesticulating more than usual and he turns to face her. He wonders if this is considered flirting, but if it is she doesn't seem to notice.

 

She is smiling brightly and she places her hand on his shoulder briefly as she compliments him and calls him handsome. Chunji knows he is handsome, he is the face of the group after all, and he knows it’s probably out of habit or just for show but it makes him happy that she says so, so he laughs and is unable to hide his satisfaction.

 

As the conversation continues in front of them, he feels slightly distracted by her the whole time. She was inexplicably fascinating, and it catches him slightly off guard. He is Teen Top’s Chunji, the charming, charismatic, girl-crazy serenader. Liking girls is nothing new to him, but Luna had something else—something different that drew him towards her, but he didn’t know what.

 

“I like sweet smelling perfume,” He hears Ricky say.

 

“Sweet smelling? I put on a sweet scent, smell it.” Luna says seriously as she stands up.

 

She is so adorable that he laughs, leaning slightly back in his seat with a smile as she makes her way over to Ricky.

 

The interview comes to a close soon, which Luna cues by feigning a bad smell. He feels like he may be a little more giggly than usual, but he can’t really help it. Luckily, it seems s are equally charmed because they had all loosened up and were acting more comfortable and like themselves than they usually are when being filmed. She jokingly shoos them off camera and as soon as the director calls cuts, they all begin bowing to each other and the staff.

 

He sees her from a distance, briefly chatting with Niel and he wants to make his way over and maybe get to know her more, but C.A.P is guiding him out and away with a firm hand. He takes one regretful look back, and by chance he catches her eyes. She looks confused for a second before she breaks into that pretty smile and he smiles back, leaving with a lighter heart and confusing thoughts.

 


 

They rarely see each other from then on, since Teen Top is promoting and f(x) is not, but when he is fortunate enough to catch a glimpse of her they exchange small talk and he likes her a little bit more and more every time. It isn’t until 2012 that their promotions coincide. They’re both 20 now and as soon as Chunji hears f(x)’s Electric Shock, he knows it’s going to be a hit. He also knows that they are scheduled to be on the same music program today, and he has a feeling that f(x) is going to win.

 

He is kind of taking a leap of faith here, but this tiny thing he identified as a crush has dragged on too long now and it is time for him to do something about it. He pre-orders a bouquet of flowers and keeps it by the stage when it is time for the MCs to announce today’s winner.

 

Her hair is long and a light chocolate brown now, and Chunji thinks she’s become even more beautiful since the last time he saw her. She looks more mature, more confident, more comfortable, and no doubt more radiant.

 

When f(x) is called, confetti begins to fall and he grabs the bouquet, unsure of what to do. He was suddenly shy and nervous—this was something out of character for him. In the battle of nerves, he shoves the flowers into Ricky’s hands and orders him to deliver them to Luna. Ricky stares back at him perplexed and the rest of the members are snickering, but Chunji only takes advantage of his hyung-powers and pushes Ricky out towards the front of the stage.

 

He watches as Ricky awkwardly shuffles across the stage and tries to get the attention of f(x)’s main vocal, and it’s both hilarious and nerve-wrecking to watch from the sidelines. Luckily, Luna bows and receives the bouquet before continuing her speech. With a satisfied nod, Chunji steps back and walks off stage for f(x)’s encore performance.

 

Hopefully, she would read the note he stringed onto the bouquet and then he could finally stop acting like a lovesick schoolboy.

 


 

With a deep sigh, Luna throws herself onto the couch in f(x)’s empty dressing room. She is physically burnt out and can do nothing but look around the room. From the corner of her eye she spots a pale yellow card hanging from the bouquet that Ricky had shoved into her hands on stage and blinks confusedly at it.

 

She thinks it’s strange that Ricky had given them a bouquet at all, and at first she thought he was trying to hand it to Amber, but it had somehow ended up in her arms instead. Luna isn’t particularly close to any of the Teen Top members, though Chunji and L.Joe were part of the ‘93 line, so naturally she was able to talk to them easily.

 

She doesn’t want to give it much thought though, since it was probably just a sign of good sportsmanship, but in her curiosity she plucks the note from the bouquet.

 

To you ~ (kekeke ^^)

If it isn’t too much to ask,

I would like to have a meal with you sometime ke ke.

f(x) fighting~!

- LCH ^^

 

Luna laughs and an unwitting smile splits across her face at the short message. If the initials didn’t give away the identity of the sender, the first line definitely did. She wonders if this really was meant for Amber or maybe another member, and her smile quickly fades away.

 

She supposes she can rule out Victoria or Amber, since she knows Chunji well enough to know that he would be respectful enough to address them accordingly, but that still leaves the possibility of it being for Krystal or Sulli. They were used to getting notes of admiration, so this would be nothing new. As to not get her hopes up, Luna strings the note back into the bouquet and decides to let the other girls see and figure it out later.

 

She’s not being hard on herself, she promises. Just realistic.

 


 

A few days later she is at a different music program and she feels a tap on her shoulder.

She turns to face the tall and handsome face of Lee Chanhee, and he greets her with an uncharacteristically shy grin.

 

“Did you get my note?”

 

Her eyes meet his and her trademark smile splits across her face. She laughs a little and his smile becomes bolder and brighter.

 

“Yes, and I would love to.” Her hands are wringing behind her back and she feels giddy and beautiful becomes somebody this handsome and charming is actually interested in her.

 

Chunji laughs and puts a hand behind his head to calm himself. “Are you free after filming today?”

 

“Yes,” she replies.

 

And that’s all they do for a while. From a distance, they may have looked strange—a boy and a girl standing a couple of feet away, just staring at each other.

 

“Hello,” Chunji says with a grin.

 

“Hi,” Luna smiles.

 


A/N: I watched this interview a while ago, and noticed Chunji being cute and paying more attention to Luna than the rest were. And then I discovered they were born the same year and saw Ricky's awkward flower delivery and then f(x) and Teen Top hanging out at the Idol Sports Olympics, so BAM, Lunji. Chuna. Lunaji. I don't know. Enjoy! If there are any other guys you would like to see, leave them below and I'll consider them. :) Suggestions are encouraged!

Image from teannewhite tumblr.