A Thousand Years

A Thousand Years

KIKWANG'S P.O.V

"Is there any problem sir? You're hurting me!!! Wherearewe going?! Get your hands off me!" Haneul whined as I dragged her outside the hall.

 

"ANY PROBLEM?! What do you think you're doing?!" I said furiously.

 

"What?!" she asked as she looked at me.

 

Damn! She really looks like Hyunjae...my ex-girlfriend. And until now, I haven't moved on to the fact that she's gone forever. I was supposed to to propose to her on the party that night. My life had never been the same since she died. I became more workaholic and I didn't bother to date anyone new. She was my first love and I'd rather stay single forever than to have her replaced. Now, Haneul is in front of me. I looked at her and that troubled look on her face reminded me of Hyunjae. Everything in her did. As if I was with her again. Haneul was silent for awhile and suddenly, she bowed her head and tears started flowing from her eyes.

 

"I missed you..." she said,sobbing.

"What?" I asked in confusion.

"Do you remember the first time we met?...I was wearing this blue gwon. The night when you asked for my number and sicethen, we started dating..."

"What? How did you know about that?"

"I know well that you hate my blonde highlights so you told me to dye my hair black and I did. You would rant numerous times about the way I'm changing myself so you told me to be simple."she said without even taking abreak.

 

"And I remembered well, the time you gave this necklace to me on our first anniversary. You told me to value this necklace for it was uniquely made for me..The time when-"

 

"Hyunjae? Is that you?" my question cut her off. She didn't utter a word but only sobbed harder. It was her. It was totally her. I hugged her tight in my arms. To let know that I believe her, that I was still there and that I was still inlove with her. She hugged me back and I can't deny that I missed the warmth of her hug.

 

"I missed you...but...how did this all happened? Please answerme Hyunjae..." I pleaded as she got out of my arms.

 

"It's complicated babe...But all I know is that I was given another 2 years to be with you. Let's just spend it wisely babe. Let's create more beautiful memories." she said.

 

I smiled at her and a few moments later, we kissed. I felt that wonderful feeling again. Her lips on mine... It was nothing but perfection. It was the perfectgesture to express our love and how bad we missed each other.

 

"Let's get married."I said as our foreheads met the moment we broke the kiss.

 

"i'd love to..." she said and smiled.

"I love you, d'you know that?" I asked.

"I know. And you know that I love you too, right?" she replied. With that, we shared anither sweet kiss and it seems that we just can't get enough of each other.