Pink Paper Planes

Paper Planes

Sehun’s hands were shaking. They always do whenever they were in an interview. They’ve debuted months ago, but he still couldn’t bring himself to get use to these things. Truth behold he liked performing better. At least he was just going to dance and sing a few parts, he wouldn’t have to talk. Talking wasn’t his thing really.

Unconsciously, his hands slipped in his pocket where a pink paper plane was. And I did it. Again. he mentally signed at his failed attempt in hating the said item. He felt dumb for depending on a piece of origami for confidence boost. But who was he kidding? He knows very well that she’s the reason why he still holds on to this paper plane.

He tried everything really. He did everything to forget her. He tried courting the girl his mother thought was nice. He tried overworking himself with every single thing he does, just so he could stop thinking of her; even when he was a trainee. During practices and lessons he was always the first to arrive and always the last to leave. He scoffed to himself.

Tried everything he thought. There was one thing that he never did: burning the paper planes. It could become an option, but he never wanted it to be one. He wished that he could have the courage to burn those paper planes. Maybe that way, he could forget her.

Unable to contain himself, he fished the said paper plane out of his pocket. What happened to forgetting her? he asked himself. He unfolded it. And as he did, he felt his nerves calming. That’s the Jung magic, as he liked to call. A rare smile crept on his face as he read her message. It was a message sent by her when he once joined a dancing contest.

You can do it Hun! I know you can! I bet you’d even win the 1st place. Just trust yourself and do your best. I hope I can see you perform though. :(

“Why don’t you just tell Krystal that your Hunnie” Kai’s voice snapped him out of his trance. Sehun looked up and gave him his best glare. If looks could kill, Kai would definitely be dead. The cheesy tone he used for Hunnie was irritating him, a lot. Why of all people? Why does it have to be Kai? Sehun thought. Kai was the only person who knew about Jung. They went to the same high school, allowing him to see all the other paper planes.

“What?” Kai asked trying to look innocent while the younger boy continued to glare at him.

“Why can’t you just call her Jung instead of Krystal? What if anybody hears?” Sehun hissed.

“Relax, there’s tons of Krystal in this world. Why don’t you just tell her? I know it’s killing you. If you say you’re not worthy to be her boyfriend, then be the best friend. Wait, scratch that. If you’re too wimpy to ask her out and finally become the boyfriend, then be the pathetic best friend in that stupid friend zone.” he told Sehun with a teasing grin plastered on his face.

Sehun then in turn hardened his glare at the insult. Seriously! Can’t he live without insulting me? he thought. It may be hard, but he had to admit that he had this urge to do what Kai suggested. Well, that’s Kai. When he says things they sound so simple and easy. As if when you’re at the exact moment; you won’t be in a nervous wreck, won’t likely to stutter and wouldn’t make a total fool of yourself.

“It’s not that simple.” Sehun answered starting to walk to the direction of the other Exo members. “I told her I like her at the last paper plane I sent her. It would be awkward if we were to be friends.”

“What if she likes you back? What if she didn’t get that paper plane?” Kai asked blocking Sehun’s way. The latter would have been possible. The janitor or janitress might have cleaned it up. They wouldn’t want the clean freak Director to be upset. Plus they were light, so the wind might have took them away before she could even see them. But Krystal Jung liking Oh Sehun? No way! Or at least that’s what he thinks. She probably likes him as a friend or a brother. She wouldn’t look at him more than that.

“What if? You said it yourself. You can’t be sure of ‘what ifs’.” he told Kai emphasizing the What if? part. He then turned to his side so he could pass. 


“Aish! You’re being impossible! I tell you Oh Sehun, if you don’t te-“

“Fine, I will! I will! Just stop bugging me! Okay?” he decided to cut Kai off in midsentence. “I wish I hadn’t told you. I wish I hadn’t found out.” He mumbled to himself as he continued to walk.

Even though it was years ago, he still remembered the day that he found out. Somehow it got stuck in his mind like it was engraved into it. It was when he was just a trainee. He was happily walking through the hallways of the famous SM Ent. Building when he was ambushed by f(x) members.

Sehun was always the one to help, but he remembers getting annoyed back then. He had training of course and he was about to be late. But nevertheless he decided to put himself at sake and help them. He was obliged to do so anyway.

After making the phone call to order the Kimbap that they requested, he decided to ask if he could leave and be off to his dance class. He entered the rehearsal room to find f(x) minding their own businesses. Amber was practicing some cool dance moves that Sehun was dying to learn(at the moment of course). Luna was checking her reflection on a mirror beside Victoria who is clearly staring into space (both were sitting on the floor). And Krystal was growling while chasing a laughing Sulli who is holding a piece of blue paper.

“Sulli! Give it back!” Krystal screeched as she continued to chase Sulli.

Sehun was about to speak up when he felt a light shove on his chest. He then realized that Sulli had shoved the blue paper on to him. He held up to see what was so important about it.

I had fun today Jung! I hope you did too. Take care on your way home!

Sehun’s eyes bulged as he recognized his handwriting. Did Jung keep this? Is Jung here? Does Jung know that he was Hun? Random and absurd questions flooded his mind. He was tongue tied. He couldn’t speak, it’s as if words have escaped and his brain had suddenly stopped working. Before he could even utter a word, Krystal had snatched the paper away from.

“Argh! You always do this! Why do you keep doing this? It’s a good thing I didn’t bring my favorite or you might tear it. I hate it when you do this!” Krystal angrily said as she stuffed the said object ito her duffel purse.

“Jungie and Hunnie sitting on a tree, K – I – S – S – I – N – G!!!” Sulli chanted in return after she had childishly stuck her tongue at the angry Krystal.

It then hit Sehun. Kystal Jung was Jung. Of course the name ‘Jung’ was very prominent on her Korean name. Jung Soo Jung. He was dumbfounded. He and Jung are on the same building. Jung had done an aegyo for him just minutes ago and here was Jung acting all angry.

“Yo Sehun! Did the Kimbap arrived?” Amber asked with the look on her face that says ‘I'm so hungry I can eat you!’

“I…uhm…ah…I need to go, I’m actually very late from dance class.” he stuttered bowing in 90 degrees multiple times before running out of the room before the f(x) members could react.