He is Hun

Paper Planes

Krystal could not shake off the feeling of uneasiness that she felt minutes ago when she bumped into Exo-K. It wasn’t because they looked dead tired and were just forced to greet her. Neither was it because of the fact that they were covered and dripping with sweat. But mainly because of how they greeted her. Sure, she was the senior and technically they were the juniors. They were somehow required to bow to her, but let’s not forget that they were the hottest rookie in town. Their popularity rate was pretty much neck and neck with their seniors. This made her feel as if she was the only who should bow in their greetings. But Krystal wasn’t new to this I-feel-different-around-Exo-K feeling. Often times she’d crossed paths with them and sometimes she’d have this warm feeling in her heart. The same kind of warmth she felt whenever she was with Hun.

Walking in the empty rehearsal room Krystal heaved a deep sign. Being an actress has finally taken its toll. She’s been missing rehearsals and lacking sleep because of her jam packed taping schedule. She was young and she wanted to try new things. And acting was pretty new (well at least for her). But never did she think that it would be this crazy and hectic. She could imagine Hun snickering at her now (even though she haven’t seen him snicker). This was the times she wanted Hun to be there the most. Unlike anyone who’s revolving around her world now, Hun would find time for her. She was sure of that. If he found time during their hectic schedules near graduation, he surely would now. Even if he’d just laugh and taunt her for whining like a kid, it would be perfectly fine. At least he was there.

Realizing that she was now sitting on the floor, Krystal took in her surroundings. It’s been a long time since the last she’s been here. She missed being in here. She missed the mirrors that reflected all of her movements. She missed the sky painted walls. She missed the wooden floors littered with pink folded paper. Wait. Littered with pink folded paper? Okay, this was odd. Littering wasn’t taken seriously, but there’s still a throw-your-trash-on-the-right-place memo. She stood up from sitting on the floor to pick the paper. Krystal was pissed off by the fact that she had to throw it for who ever had left that here. She was here to practice, not to play garbage committee.

For a moment she just analyzed the paper. It was actually folded into a paper plane. And because of that, anger was replaced with a small sad smile. Another reminder of Hun. If only he was here. If only she had the chance to tell him that she felt exactly the same as he did. ‘Did he forget about me? Does he still love me like he told me?’ Krystal cannot help but wonder. Turning her gaze back to the paper plane, curiosity struck her. Slowly she unfolded the paper plane, not knowing that she was in for a surprise.


. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

“Yah, maknae! What are you looking for?” Suho finally asked as he couldn’t help it anymore. He’s been observing their youngest member, who has been extremely quite ever since their encounter with f(x)’s Krystal. On top of that he’s been searching his pockets for the entire elevator ride. He seemed uneasy about something. Which was strange. Sehun wasn’t the one to act like this. Normally he’d be joking around with Chanyeol and Baekhyun. Sometimes he’d be playing (or more like fooling) around with Kai. Never did Suho see him this troubled about something.

“Nothing Hyung, I think I left something. I’ll just go get it.” the latter answered. And before Suho could react, Sehun was already running to the opposite direction.


. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

Be strong Hun. We all have problems. This one’s just to test your strength. And I know you have enough courage in you. Fighting!!!!

Krystal stood frozen at exactly the same spot. She rubbed and blinked her eyes to prove that what she was seeing was real. That she wasn’t hallucinating. She scanned and read the contents of the paper for who knows how many times. She still couldn’t believe that this paper plane was actually folded by her. Reality was just starting to sink into her. Hun was here. He is here. She’s probably seen him. Names and faces flashed through her mind. They were on the same building. Right now or moments ago but it doesn’t matter. Finding him seemed so easy now.

He was in Exo-K. He has to be. They were the last ones to use the rehearsal room. And before she knew it, her mind was beginning to sort the possibilities of who Hun might be. Suho, the leader, was of course out of the picture. He was actually a few years older than her, therefore crushing out the chance that they shared the same senior year. Same goes with Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and D.O.. It has to be between Kai and Sehun. Well that was easy. Krystal didn’t have to have an IQ above average to figure that out. She then turned around and started to run for the door. Maybe if she was quick enough she could still catch him. But before she could make it out through the door, a panting Sehun had already barged in. And for a while the two of them did nothing but to look at each other.

Sehun was the first to remove his gaze. Seeing the paper plane safely tucked in Krystal’s hands, relief and panic rushed through his veins. Relief, because the paper plane that was probably the closest to his heart wasn’t gone. This paper plane made him realize how reliant he was of her comfort. This one made him realized that he had fallen hard. Panic, because she’s probably cracked the code. She knows that he is Hun. And frankly rejection was on the line.

“Krystal-shi can I have the paper? It’s actually mine.” he said after having bowed at a perfect 90 degrees.

Krystal, who was too shocked at the moment, handed the paper with jaws ajar. Figuring out who Hun was and meeting him face to face was too much to take in. She tried to form words but before she could, he’s already muttered the words thank you and he was out of the door. This made her want to scream in frustration. They were close to coming back to where they had left off. If only she had uttered a single word. Introduced herself as ‘Jung’ or maybe she had just called him ‘Hun’. Anything that could have told him that she was Jung. She had to let him know that she’s Jung. She’s seen his face. She knows he’s name. Determination filled her lovely face. She’s already missed the chance to tell him how she feels once. This time, she wouldn’t let that chance to slip away.