New Family

Love You Hate You

Krystal's POV

The local park has been my childhood haven since I was very young. Whenever Minho was being a jerk or my grandmother was being unreasonable, I would escape to here and just sit in front of the pond and watch the swans float around. It is more beautiful in the springtime when the flowers open and the sun is always up, except for those few weeks of rain.

 

"When is Sulli going to come?" Luna ask. I am standing in the park with only Luna since Sulli has detention and Amber went shopping with her step-family. But somehow, I know she will run away from the mall and come here. Amber loves her dad, no matter how many times she tries to deny it, but she hates the golddigger he is marrying.



"She'll probably come soon," I say. "And knowing Amber, she'll be here in like five minutes, tops." I sit down on one of the benches and it groans at my weight. I think this is the oldest one in the park because my grandmother told me my mom always came here with my dad back during high school. She told me if I look closely I can see their names etched into the wood. But now the whole bench is covered in couple names so I highly doubt I can find them.


"Hey! Sorry I'm late," Sulli yells as she jogs towards us. Stopping right in front of us, she releases a loud sigh and clutches her knees, panting heavily.


"See?" I say and grin at Luna. "Did you run all the way here?"

 

"No, I flew," Sulli say sarcastically. She plops down on the grass and lays her legs out. She stares off until her eyes land on someone and she flies up. "What are you doing here?!"

 

I turn around to see Minho and his group standing there and I give my deadliest glare to them. Of all the places, they choose my park? Seriously, none of the kingkas or queenkas come here and I want it that way. It is enough that I have to go to school with those idiots everyday but now they are invading my haven as well?


"Um, this is a public park, so yeah..." Taemin say while scratching his head awkwardly. Out of the whole group, I have to admit he is the only one I may get along with. The others are just...aggrivating. Besides Key, who never speaks.

 

"Yeah but the park is huge so why did you come up to us?" Sulli asks in irritation. Minho smirks at her before focusing his eyes on me creepily. And I mean creepily. He is like focusing directly on my eyes like he wants to do something bad or something. I don't know but it's really scary. I'm not scared of him though! Just his weird look.

 

"This is our spot. Maybe you're here because you want to be with us so badly," he remarks with an arrogant look directed to me again. Sulli makes a disgusted face and I want to smack him. Who does he think we are? The queenkas? No, we are normal girls who do not throw ourselves at arrogant douchebags. Everyone is giving each other cold looks and I feel the need to step in before another fistfight starts.

 

"Guys, I need to go shopping anyway so let's go," I say and they nod. We attempt to walk away only to have Minho block us. I look up threateningly and he only smirked. Smirked at me! How arrogant can he get? I do not find him handsome or worthy of my attraction at all! He is ugly and so mean that I can't even forgive him even if he apologizes. I step to the side and he follows.

 

"Why are you leaving? You're scared of us?" He sneers and I am suddenly reminded of a frog. An ugly frog. But no offences to frogs. I love all animals.

 

"You wish and move," I snap loudly at his face and he moves backwards. Damn right . But then he comes right back, this time closer, causing me to step back.

 

"What are you going to do if I don't?" 

 

"Minho, just shut up. You're not cool and you'll never be." His eyes narrow and he scoffs.

 

"That's not what everyone thinks." Well, a lot of people hate you. They just don't say anything because they're afraid of your wrath. I don't say that out loud though.

 

"Move. I'm leaving." When he does not, I gather up my courage and punch him in the face. Huh, and I was the one trying to avoid a fistfight. His hand snaps up to his face in surprise and he stares at me in anger. His friends look shocked as well and he growls. Like actually growl. He grabs my shoulders and shoves me to the ground. The sudden force causes me to hit my head and my friends crowd around me protectively.

 

"Oh my gosh, are you ok?" Sulli asks. Luna looks confused and I know she is torn between calling the police or just ignoring it. I get right back up so I don't seem weak.

 

"Do not mess with me again." I walk right up to him and stick my face inches from his. He freezes at our close proximity and I smirk, knowing he is uncomfortable. "Listen, I do not want to graduate with you as my enemy. I just want to be regular classmates, ok? So leave me alone. We're seniors already so can you just...I don't know. Pretend I don't exist?" I walk away, leaving a shocked Minho behind. Ugh! Stupid! Why did I say that? I don't want to be regular classmates! I just want him to disappear from my life!

 

We walk to my house first because it is the closest. "Ok bye! I can't go on oovoo today. Grandma's old friend is coming over with his grandson that grandma wants to introduce me to."

 

"Hahahahahaha!" Sulli breaks into a fit of laughter. It is great to know that I have friends who laugh at my misfortune. I know, these friends are the best you can ever find. We say goodbye and I head inside. I can't believe I'm going to be set up on a blind date.

 

Minho's POV

I shake myself out of my thoughts and glare at the air angrily. I kick the tree and scream in frustration. Everytime I see her get angry, I feel guilt. Why? We hate each other. We are enemies and that is not going to change. So why...do I get these feelings? Whenever I see her talking to other guys, I suddenly feel the need to beat the out of them. Am I jealous? No, I am not in love with her and I will never be.

 

"You ok?" Jonghyun pats my shoulder and I shake him off.

 

"Let's leave." I don't even like this place and the only reason I 'claimed' this as my spot is because I want to see Krystal angry. Does she think we go here to sniff the flowers and gush about how beautiful our lives are? I scoff.

 

"Oh, my grandpa wants me to meet his old friend and her 'beautiful' granddaughter," Key says and we laugh. He always gets put on blind dates with random girls his family chooses. While we do feel bad for him, we can't help but find it amusing.


"How beautiful?" Jonghyun questions and winks, earning a punch in the arm from Key. He is a complete playboy and sometimes I wonder how we met. I never dated anyone before but everyone thinks I've dated the whole school, including the twenty-four years old secretary.

 

"Don't you have a girlfriend?" Key scolds him and the shorter boy smirks evilly. I roll my eyes and Key looks at him in disbelief.

 

"I know that look," Taemin says. "You have it everytime you want to break up with someone." Jonghyun nods and sticks his hands in his pockets.


"Yes. I'm breaking up with her tonight on our date."

 

"New record though. You went out for a good six months," Taemin states and rolls his eyes. "She'll be devastated."

 

"Hey!" Jonghyun points at Taemin and growls. "This is nothing compared to what she does to other people! Remember my cousin who she thought was a new student? Well, she tortured her until she went back to the states!"

Taemin holds up his hands in defeat and Key suddenly jumps up. "Shoot! I'm late!" He runs off to his car. "See ya tomorrow!"

 

I shake my head at him and look back at the pond. Dead flies and ripped flowers floated on the surface. I don't understand how Krystal finds this beautiful. Wait...speaking of Krystal, I think I heard her speaking to her friends this morning about a blind date. And she is rich. No...it can't be. No, there are plenty of other rich girls, right?

 

I ran home, ditching Jonghyun and Taemin. Key is not going to be set up with Krystal. I hope not. If they are, I will kill him, even if he is my best friend.

 

Key's POV

I run to my grandfather, Onew, who glared at me through his bushy eyebrows. "You're late, Leeteuk." I sigh and run my hand through my hair.

 

"For the hundreth time, it's Key. Or Kibum if you can't remember that," I say. The old man waves me off like he doesn't hear and I sigh in agitation. He always gets it wrong. Old age, I guess.

 

"Sure, whatever, Yesung," he says. We walk to the front door of the mansion and I let out a breath of air at the huge door and the freshly painted walls. Someone's rich. The door swings open and a woman around my grandfather's age comes out with a wide smile. I am confused. Where are the parents? I'm pretty sure this lady's too old to be the girl's mother.

 

"Onew! It has been so long!" she says and hugs my grandfather who smiles back.

 

"Victoria!" Now that I look closer at her, she looks exactly like Krystal. They have the same eyes and nose...don't tell me the girl is her. I almost laugh because I know she is very close to her parents and they will never force her to do this. Unless she wants it.

 

I shake my head because I know Krystal is too busy dreaming of going overseas for college to ever think of marriage.

 

"This must be your grandson." I smile at her and hold out my hand.

 

"Nice to meet you," I say. We shake hands and enter the house. As expected, the living room is richly furnished and clean. I frown, still thinking of the parents. Are they at work?

 

"Krystal! Come out!" I freeze. She just said Krystal! I look at the stairs, hoping that another girl is standing there but...Krystal is making her way down the stairs. My jaw literally drops open and I stare stupidly until she notices me. Then all hell breaks loose.

 

"You!" she yells and points accusingly at me. I nod, still silent.

 

"You two know each other, how delightful," Victoria says. I chuckle.

 

"It's not really that delightful," I state with a hint of laughter in my voice. She gives me the coldest glare ever, shutting me up effectively.

 

"We hate each other." she says.

 

"Hate is too strong, don't you think?"

 

"Stop," my grandfather says in his commanding voice. "You will have to learn to like each other whether you like it or not." He pauses, waiting for anyone of us to speak up.

 

"May I ask why?" In cases like this, it is best to be polite, for the safety of my allowance.

 

"You will be living together!" Victoria announces. All of the color drains from Krystal's face.

 

"Grandma, you're not making me marry him, are you?" I don't know if I should feel insulted or not. I don't want to marry her either. Victoria and Onew share a look before laughing. "You're not getting married and there never was any marriage arrangement. We wanted you two to meet each other without any awkwardness."

 

"Since you're still upset over grandma's passing, I thought you might overreact if I told you before we came that I was getting remarried." Grandpa looks at me and I sigh, acknowledging that he's right.

 

"And Krystal's parents passed away a while ago so she's used to living alone. I was afraid she might not get used to so many people moving in."

 

Krystal's parents are dead? I start to feel bad for bullying her with Minho. I mean, I never do anything since I am the quiet one but I never stepped in. I look at her and she avoids my gaze.

 

"The wedding date is set."

 

Author Note: Micky here! Sorry for the long wait! Chapter 3 is officially in the making! This chapter is not very detailed and I think the story won't be that good because I am used to writing angsty, dark stories so this is not my forte. Lillian will probably do a better job at writing light stories than I am.