Dinner

Love You Hate You

Krystal's POV

I walk like a soulless zombie across the street to the mall. The sun shines mercilessly on my back and I shield my face from the heat with my free hand. My other hand carries my purse where I have the grocery list, because grandma is cooking dinner for Key's parents. This is the first time I will meet any one of the jerks' parents, and I hope I make a bad impression. I hope they hate me and then tell Onew to cancel the wedding.

 

But...I want grandma to be happy since Onew's her first love, but I can't stand having his grandson in my house. I know how it is to lose a first love, because I lost mine too. Mine was a kid who used to live near me but one day, he just moved away. Our parents were best friends and one day his grandmother passed away, leaving his frail grandfather alone. I do not remember his name since we were very young but I know he has a scar on his chest.

 

"Krystal!" Amber calls from the entrance of the mall. I walk to her slowly and she notices my anguished face. "What's wrong? Did your blind date go wrong?"

 

"There was no date in the first place," I whisper to make it sound more dramatic. I take a deep breath. "I was played! I am not getting married but my grandma is to that guy's grandfather! And do you know who the guy is?"

 

She takes a step back and shakes her head.

 

"Key. Kim Kibum. He is now my...what? Like my grandma's fiance's grandson. Is he my step-cousin or what? I don't even know what I'm supposed to call him." I start to freak out now that I think about it, and if Luna and Key ever got back together, which is highy unlikely, Luna would be my step-cousin-in-law.

 

Amber's face darkens, and she looks ready to kill. "I'll get rid of him if you want me to."

 

I shake my head. "It's ok. I just need to make his life torture. That's all. As long as he gets pissed off and decides to leave ultimately." I check my watch and groan. If I don't hurry, I'm going to be late. Saying goodbye to Amber, I scuttle off to the store, holding tightly onto my purse.

Jonghyun's POV

I kiss her lightly and she- Ji-sook I think her name is- laughs. "Jonghyun, you're so cute," she purrs, her hair messed up, and her makeup smudged. Her clothes are hanging off her bony shoulder, and I wonder if she has any eating disorder. Her room is a mess from all the moving we did. Of course, we were only making out, nothing else. I'm too good for her- for anyone, in fact. Besides, if I, Jonghyun, the son of the famous Kim Changmin, get a girl pregnant or something, it will shame my family. We will become a laughing stock. Even though I go around throwing our money around, I still care about my family fortune, and I do enjoy my luxurious life. If anyone deserves a good life, it will be my father and his family, meaning me. My father, as a child, was forced to go to regular schools with other poor, unskilled, dumb fools! He worked his way up to gain enough money to run away from his equally poor parents and became rich by studying harder at private schools that he paid for by working several jobs a day, and now, we are millionaires.

 

My phone starts ringing, interrupting me. I glare at it, wondering who the hell is calling right now, and I am not surprised to see Jiyeon's name on the screen. Ever since I've broken up with her, she've been calling me incessantly, and it is annoying the crap out of me. She obviously cannot understand what "we are through" means.

 

Jisook picks up my phone to my great relief. She sneers arrogantly and glances at me, silently asking for approval. I nod, waiting to see the fight. First, Jisook answers with a higher voice than normal, and then I can see a smirk making its way across her face. By now Jiyeon is probably furious. "Oh hi! I'm Jisook, how can I help you?"

 

I wait a few minutes. "No, I'm his girlfriend. Who are you?" She laughs cruelly. "Well, honey, he obviously thinks I'm better than you. I mean, he did break up with you for me." Her eyes widen, and she glares at the air. "We're busy at the moment, so we would appreciate it greatly if you stop clinging onto him. He broke up with you! What don't you understand about-"

 

I take the phone from her and hang up. That is a bit too harsh. I put on my clothes and turn to her confused face. "Wheren are you going?" I give her a careless look.

 

"Home." She gets up, enraged.

 

"We're not done yet."

 

"We're done." I ignore her crestfallen expression. "Sorry, this was only a one-time thing. You won't be seeing me around again." I head out but turn around one last time. "Besides, I prefer girls near my level. If you become rich tomorrow, I'll come back. Otherwise, stay to guys around your class." I give her one last wink and leave. I wonder if I should get back to Jiyeon or not. She is a good kisser.
 

 

Author Note: Sorry this seems kind of rushed because I have barely enough time to even go on AFF anymore, so sorry about the chapter name! I need more sleep -_-. My brain is like dead. Anyway, you guys all heard of the typhoon at the Philippines, right? It's so sad ;(. I heard the wind was 175 mph.