Chapter 1

How Onew Came to Love Chicken

 

Four hundred years ago, lived a small tribe of Chickens. The Chickens were very prosperous and an admirable cilivisation. But only one nation rivaled them: The barbaric and ruthless SHINee clan. They roamed the hills in search of pretty noonas to sing about and hunting for food. They were the best of the best in the highlands. Their sister tribe, f(x), had warned them of the growing tribe of Chickens. 

Chief Victoria warned Chief Onew. "Watch out, they are dangerous and are capable of preforming excellent sneak attacks. But if you can defeat them, you could always use them for food". But Onew didn’t dwell on that for his tribe was a tribe of vegetarians.

One day, Princess Key ran into the town square. “Chief Onew!” He squealed while his dress swung about in the wind.

“What is it?” Onew said from his throne.

“I was running in the valleys chasing after a noona when suddenly, a wild chicken appeared! It began to cluck and threaten to burn down my tribe!”

“How dare he threaten my village? We will go to war with them at once!” Onew then called his director of war, Minho. He ordered Minho to get his best soldiers to investigate the chickens before they attacked.

The desperate joker, Taemin, wanted to come along for he wanted to be with Minho. Except he was a joker and jokers were not allowed. And so he sat and drank banana milk. Minho and his soldiers came back.

“What have you found?” said Onew.

“Well,” Minho began. “The name of the clan is the Chickens and the name of their leader is the Dibi-dibi-dis.”

Suddenly, the prince arrived on his royal dino. He heroically jumped off of it as his wife, Princess Key, ran into his arms.

“Have you heard? The Chicken clan is planning an attack on our tribe!”
            Prince Jonghyun flared his uneven nostrils and caressed Princess Key. “Never fear! For I and the Director of War Minho will destroy that town!”

From the stairs of the palace, Taemin watched with beady little eyes. He really wanted to join the war, but no one took the joker seriously. Despite that, he was determined to fight.

“Chief Onew!” he called as he stood, “Please, let me join the war! I can contribute greatly!” He took a sip from his banana milk dramatically.

Onew thought for a moment, observing the skinny and nimble joker. “Sure, why not? General Minho! Prepare the Joker for war!”

Minho rolled his eyes, but led the boy into the chamber anyway. He found some spare armour that fit Taemin and handed him a spear. “Good luck, Taemin-ah” He winked and pushed the boy into a formation.