What?! A blind date?!

Be Mine

It has been a month since I returned Korea from the U.S.A. I really missed my family and country but I should admit that I miss my life in the U.S.A. It wasn't so different from my life in Korea though. But at least there wasn't anyone begging me to date someone. My elder sister, Go Eun, has been begging me to go on a blind date with her best friend's brother continuously. Though she knows how much I dislike dating someone, she's been insisting so much that I'm tired of it.

I stop thinking to myself after hearing someone knock on my door.

"Bom-ah," says Go Eun unnie after coming in.

Since I know what she will say, I don't bother to answer, just nod to indicate that I'm listening.

"Hyeyoon said that her brother, Seunghyun, had finally agreed to go on a blind date with you," she says lowering her voice.

"Okay then, I agree, too."

She doesn't even respond and leaves my room clapping her hands like a kid. Actually, I didn't intend to go on that blind date, but that boy -Gosh I can't remember his name- agreed to go. So I think I have to do this.

I take my bag and coat and leave home after talking the details with my sister. She was offended since I left home wearing casual clothes, but I just couldn't dress up like a cute girl who was arranged to meet her 'oppa'. Tsk.

Walking on the pavement, I see a taxi waiting for a customer. Realizing that I'll be too late if I continue walking, I open its door to get in, but someone pushes me and gets in the taxi before I can get in.

"Sorry ma'am, I'm too late for my date," says he.

"How rude you are! Who would date a man like you?! Phew!" I yell at him.

"Where do you want me to take you?" the taxi driver asks trying to calm us down.

"Café Choon!" we both exclaim like a chorus.

"No problem then," says the taxi driver and I get in as well.

An awkward silence surrounds us and I do hate this feeling. Thank God this awkwardness ends soon since our destination isn't far. After getting off the taxi, I head for the café, but that guy doesn't let me get in the café first. Okay, a rude person is always rude. I stop thinking about him and start examining the customers in the café. Which can be Choi Seunghyun? Gosh, I wish I'd seen a photo of him! My sister said he was a fashionable, handsome, tall boy. Everyone in the café except that rude guy is handsome. How can I find him? 

I clear my throat and ask rasing my voice a little bit, "Err... Is Choi Seunghyun here?"

"Yes, ma'am," says someone.

I turn around to see who Seunghyun is. To be honest, I'm a little excited to meet him. Upon seeing him, all my expectations collapse. Indeed, Choi Seunghyun is no other than that rude guy. I will surely kill my sister!

"Oh... S-Seunghyun is you then," I finally manage to say.

"How do you know my name? Are you a fan of me?" he asks with a hint of arrogance in his voice. 

"Your fan? Tsk. But even worse, I'm your date," I say examining him from head to toe. 

"W-what?! P-Park Bom is you?!" he asks with a disappointed tone. What did you expect man? To see Beyoncé?

I just nod my head, don't want to talk to that guy at all.

"My sister said you were a kind, beautiful lady," he says breaking the awkward silence between us. "But you're not kind at all," he goes on saying.

"You're the one who is not kind! You pushed me to get in the taxi before me!" I almost shout drawing attention from the other customers.

"You said no one would date me. How rude you are," he says grinning. Gosh, I can't see anything funny!

"Let's not talk about this. Now we met because of our sisters. We can tell them we didn't like each other at all and this dating thing will end."

"If you want so, clever lady, it's alright."


- - - - - - -

Hope you loved this chapter. Please tell me your opinions about this. Good or bad. Thank you