The Arrival.

I Remember.

Warmth. Sunshine. Happiness.

That was all she knew as the wind tickled her ears and gushed through her hair.

Her little fingers curled tighter around the chain links that swung her, a bright toothy smile lighting up her youthful features.

She giggled ever so often, kicking out her legs as she happily asked for the hands behind her to push her higher, higher.

A soothing voice would laugh a harmony to her song and fill her heart to the brim as the hands did as she asked.

Then she stopped.

The clouds had swept over the Sun, and the wind had sped up, blowing crackly leaves here and everywhere. “Higher”, she would coo in vain, but no hands were there to push her higher. She got off her seat on the swing set and turned around.

She was alone.

 

I jolted in my seat, panting as I came to my senses. The woman in the seat next to mine gently placed a hand on my shoulder and asked me if I was all right. I nodded.

“Attention ladies and gentlemen, we are preparing for landing.” the pilot’s voice was amplified through the plane. “Please ensure that you are all buckled up in your seats. Thank you for flying with us and have a nice stay in Korea.”

The woman patted my arm reassuringly, and I nodded again in thanks. She looked like she was in her late thirties with her jet black hair and soft brown eyes. The look that she gave me when I woke up was so much like my mother’s.

The airplane came to a bumpy landing, and the wails of an upset toddler could be heard above the noisy chatter of the many passengers on the plane. I stood up and opened the overhead compartment and helped the woman to her baggage. I gave an empty smile as she thanked me before reaching up for my own bag.

I got off the airplane and headed for the baggage claim, but not without stopping to gape at the majestic get-up of Incheon Airport. The place was massive. Golden pillars glowed in the brilliant lighting, supporting a ceiling that seemed to stretch on forever. The floors were polished to a flawless shine.

I shook my head and went off to collect my luggage bag. I spotted it not far off on the conveyor belt, and darted forward to get it. With a little grunt, I heaved my bag off the belt and dropped it on the floor. I had packed pretty heavy even when I knew that I shouldn’t have. I was completely unprepared for the atmosphere and the environment. I didn’t have any time to do research on the weather, so I pretty much just dumped an assortment of clothing into my bag. I regretted immensely.

Stepping back, I looked around the area I was in. I had never felt more alone in my life.

I took my bag and wandered around the area, following people I recognised from my flight. Common sense.

This led me to an even more overwhelming place, at which I had to stop and stare at in amazement. I wondered who the amazing architects who designed this place were, because they sure did a fantastic job. I blinked and looked around me. All around me stood little shops selling things from souvenirs and snacks to designer handbags and jewellery.

What now? I thought to myself. Fear was creeping in, and I felt my heartbeat quicken yet again as I stood there, completely clueless about what to do. I jumped as my phone buzzed in my pocket. I took it out and flipped it open.

Hi again ^^

If you took the flight, I suppose you would be here by now. Well, welcome to Korea!

TS Entertainment
140-894 Seoul City
Yongsan-gu, Hannam-dong
788-6 3rd Floor

Dae

I could practically feel the weight slip off my shoulders. At least I had an idea of what to do. I should buy him something. I looked around once more, this time in search of a bakery or café of some sort. Spotting one, I made a beeline for it, an idea for a gift already fresh in my mind. “Do you sell cheesecakes here?” I asked the waitress at the café. She nodded and beckoned me towards a glass cake display. She showed me the cheesecake and I confirmed my order. I emerged a few minutes later with a prettily packaged cheesecake in my hands.

Soon after that, I had managed to find my way to the taxi stand outside, after many embarrassing looks from the staff of the airport. Me, a full Korean, who had never even physically seen Incheon Airport before. I showed the taxi driver the address on my phone, and he nodded, helping me put my bag in the back of the taxi. He held the door open as I sheepishly climbed into the car. He told me that the ride was quite a long one and I nodded, saying it was okay.

The journey was a difficult one. I was willing myself not to fall asleep, but I was dead tired and my eyelids felt like lead then. I was relieved when the elderly taxi driver decided to say something. “Did you just fly in today? Why are you going to this place so soon?” he asked me, glancing in the rearview mirror.

I chuckled and replied, “I’m going there to meet someone. You said you know where it is, right?”

“Of course!”he smiled, shifting in his seat. “B.A.P and Secret, am I right?”

“You actually are!” I confirmed, surprised. I supposed at least some of the older generation would know Secret, but I wasn’t expecting someone like him to know of B.A.P. “How did you know?”

“My daughter loves them both,” he explained with a warm smile. My heart throbbed at the fatherly love evident in his eyes. I smiled and nodded, leaning back in my seat. The awkward silence returned to the atmosphere and hung there, suspending the tension of the ride.

Do not fall asleep, I reminded myself, which was clearly ineffective, because I had drifted off at that very moment.

 

~~~~~~

 

“Miss,”

“Five more minutes, please.” I mumbled, turning over.

“Miss, we’ve arrived.”

“Please just give me a little time.”

“Miss, I have to go somewhere…”

My eyes shot open when I felt a hand gently shake me by the shoulder. I sat up, dazedly looking at the man. “I am so sorry,” I said quickly, grabbing the cake box and my bag and scrambling out of the taxi. I fumbled around my pocket for some money and gave it to the man. I bowed at the driver, apologising profusely. He smiled and bowed back before climbing back into the taxi and driving off. He had already unloaded my luggage.

I was filled with awe as I gazed up and down the TS company building. It wasn’t anything extravagant, but when I thought of all the stars made here, I could feel shivers running down my spine.

Okay, what now? I asked myself again. Panicking a little, I took my bag and dragged it with me to the side instead of staying where I was right in front of the main entrance. I stood and stared blankly for a few moments before realising that the only solution I had was to text Daehyun. I took out my phone and gulped as I opened a new message. What do I say?

Annyeonghaseyo, Daehyun-oppa.

Sorry to bother you, but I’m kinda standing outside the TS building right now, and I don’t really know what to do. Umm, please help me.

Thank you.

Yumi.

I inhaled a deep breath and pressed the send button before I could have any second thoughts. My phone buzzed almost instantly.

You’re here?!

Oh my gosh, you actually came?!

Hold on, stay where you are!!! I’ll come out!!!

I blinked at his very un-Daehyun-like text before feeling a little weak in the gut. I would’ve pinched myself for a reality-check like they always do in the movies, but I doubted it was actually that hard to tell dream from reality. I felt blood rush to my head in nervousness, excitement, fear and, well, everything I had listed to Miyeon earlier in the airport. My heart stopped when I saw the main doors of the TS Entertainment building open.

I was brought all the way back to the fansign. I could feel my cheeks heating up with each step he took, and my palms were starting to sweat in an unfortunately disgusting manner. I wiped them off on my jeans and gripped the cake box.

When he reached me, I felt like dying. Even worse, his eyes had curled into those lovely crescent moons, and his lips had turned upward into that adorable smile. At that… I think a little part of me really did die.

“Yumi, oh my gosh, it really is you!”

I felt paralysed.

 

~~~~~~

 

Author's Note~

There you go, guys \(^o^)/ Hope you enjoyed :D

And also,

WOOOP

CELEBRATING THE SURPASS OF 40 SUBS

I love all 43 of you out there <3