Part 4

The Note

 

It was dark. You were walking down a hallway and then you entered the music room. It was dark with only one light on which was right above the piano.  You slowly walked towards the piano and a dark silhouette appeared. As you inched closer you could see the figure clearer. It was a guy playing a sweet tune on the piano. He had dark brown hair and when he looked up at you he had deep brown eyes. But most of his face was covered by a mask. He waved you over and patted the seat beside him. You walked over and sat down. You two started singing together and harmonizing, it was beautiful. When the song you had written and he had helped you finished he looked up at you and he gives you an eye smile. You blinked in surprise as you looked into his eyes. They felt warm and familiar.

Suddenly you were zoomed from the music room and into this park. You looked around the park and recognized it. This was the park that you, Youngjae, and his cousin Daehyun would always go to.

"Hey! You coming?!"

You whipped your head around to see the guy with the mask calling you and waving. As you jogged towards him smiling he changed into this adorable kid and you were a kid too. He no longer had a mask and as you got closer you recognized him. It was Daehyun, Youngjae's cousin. He had the most adorable eye smile and  he was always so sweet to you. When you were little you were actually closer to Daehyun and not Youngjae. You two were at the swings now and he was pushing you. He then started to sing..... And he was singing your song!

Beep. Beep. Beep.

You shot up out of your bed and hit your alarm clock. You walked over to the bathroom to wash up. You looked into the mirror still trying to process the dream.

'Is the mysterious guy Daehyun?!' you thought to yourself.

You ran back to your room and found the note you had gotten yesterday.

"The truth is we did talk before a long time ago, we were about 9 when I had to move away and we never saw each other again..." you whispered to yourself as you read the note "But I moved back a couple years ago and saw you in school and I felt so happy but I knew you wouldn't remember me... Is it you Daehyun?"

The school day went by fairly quick and before you knew it you were in the music room. Sitting down at the piano you remembered your dream and began to play. As you played you could see your dream play in your thoughts like a movie. When the song finished you blinked back to reality and looked up around the room. You were surprised when you saw a dark silhouette standing by the door.

Oddly enough something about his presence felt safe like he wasn't there to harm you. He slowly stepped into the light to reveal his dark brown hair and deep brown eyes that held a lot of compassion and love but it also held a sense of longing for something maybe someone.

You two slowly walked toward him and looked into his deep eyes. You lifted your hands to the sides of his face. You slightly hesitated but something in the way he looked at you told you to go on, so you slowly removed his mask to reveal an all to familiar face.

"Dae-Dae..." you whispered.

"You remember me?"

You nodded and hugged him around the neck.

He just smiled and hugged you back, not wanting to let you go.

"I missed you so much Dae-Dae."

"I missed you too ____."

"Why didn't you come say hi to me when you came back?"

"I was just scared to find you with another man... I didn't know if I could handle seeing you without me."

"I was waiting for you. I could never love another. Don't you remember the promise we made to each other that day in the park when you were pushing me on the swings?"

He nodded then pressed his forehead to yours.

-FLASHBACK-

"You're leaving?"

He nodded sadly as he looked down at his feet.

"I don't want you to go~" you said clinging to his arm.

He hugged you and wiped away your tears as he whispered, "I don't want to leave you either~."

"Promise me you'll come back for me?"

"I promise."

-END OF FLASHBACK-

He smiled and cupped your face with his hands. Smiling he leaned in and kissed you.

You two smiled and he pulled you towards the piano where you harmonized and played around for the rest of the afternoon.