Part 2

The Note

 

The next day you arrived at school the mysterious guy from yesterday continued to flash across your thoughts. You were so deep in thought trying to figure out who that guy could be you ended up walking straight into someone.

Both of you had fallen on your butts. "Omo! I'm so sorry!" you quickly got up and apologized to the person. 

But there was no response so you looked up. To your surprise the boy standing in front of you had these deep brown eyes and he had dark brown hair to match. He quickly bowed and ran away.

'That was weird' you thought to yourself staring in the direction the strange boy ran. 

"Hey kiddo!" Youngjae had ran up to you but you were too busy thinking of other things. 

"Hello earth to ____~" he said waving his hands in front of your face. 

"Oh s-sorry Youngjae... I have a lot on my mind right now..." 

"Yeah I kinda figured that... come on let's go to class" he said slinging his arm around you and the two of you walked to class. 

'Omg that was so close! I hope she didn't recognize me.... I should have been paying attention to where I was walking! And.... Is Youngjae dating her?! Or are they just friends?' Daehyun was rambling on in his thoughts as he watched Youngjae walk away with you. 

The morning classes had passed by in a blur to you. You could not focus on anything the teachers were saying. You couldn't even focus on anything Youngjae was saying, but he knew something was up and he just payed attention for the both of you in all your classes. 

At last the bell rang signaling it was lunch you slowly packed up and stood next to Youngjae's desk to wait for him. 

Beep. 

That made you snap back to reality. Youngjae's phone had started beeping. He sheepishly smiled and looked at the text. 

It read:

Meet by the stairs.... NOW. 

Before you could peek over at it Youngjae shut his phone.

"Hey you go on ahead and grab lunch I have to run to my locker for some stuff... Ok?"

You nodded and walked to the cantina to buy food.

As soon as you left Youngjae left the class as well, he also made sure you weren't following him. Once he saw that you were nowhere to be seen he made his way over to the stairs. Sitting there waiting for him was a boy with dark brown hair and deep brown eyes.

"Hey Daehyun. You okay man?"

"What is your relationship with ____?"

"We're just friends bro. Wait why is that important to you? I never see you talking to her."

"I have my reason and you don't need to know it."

"Well I'm her best friend and your my cousin so I have to know."

Daehyun just looked off into the distance not wanting to answer his question.

"Do you-" Youngjae was cut off by Daehyun quickly getting up and walking away. Youngjae shook his head and walked to go meet up with you in the cantina.

Youngjae walked through the doors and seen you sitting in your normal spot by the window. He walked over to you and plopped himself down next to you on the table.

"Yah! Why didn't you get food?" you questioned the lazy Youngjae that had his head on your shoulder.

"The line's too long" he whined.

You sighed, "you can have some of mine then."

He smiled and started eating your food. 

Off in the distance Daehyun was watching with envy. 

'Why can't I just tell her who I am and that I like her?! What's wrong with me?!'

Finally the school day was over and again you were in the music room. By this time you had forgotten about the mysterious guy that left you a note and was more focused on finishing your song. 

A couple rooms down on the second floor Daehyun was finishing up cleaning the classroom. He looked at the clock and as if right on cue he heard music floating down the hallway from the music room. He smiled knowing who was making such a beautiful sound. 

He walked quietly to the door of the music room and saw you sitting at the piano. Even though you had stopped playing to take down notes in your notebook, your voice and your lyrics were stuck in his head. All day today it played in his head. Every time he closed his eyes last night he would first hear the sound of the piano, then your voice, and then he saw you; sitting at the piano with the pencil tucked behind your ear, your hair put up in a messy bun. He also saw how cute you looked when you were really concentrated on your music. He couldn't get you out of his head. 

After a while he knew the chorus of your song by heart. As he listened to you sing he himself harmonized with your beautiful from outside. 

You sang your song but this time you heard a lower voice singing along with you.

'Maybe I have been in here a bit long.... I'm starting to hear things.... A break would help clear my mind. And maybe after that I'll finally be able to figure out how to play this part. ' with this thought you got up and walked out the door to the bathroom. 

When you left Daehyun slipped in to the room through the second exit and sat at the piano. He heard the song many times and he knew you were stuck. He played your song and tried to help you complete that one part that you were having difficulty with. 

When you were in the bathroom you heard your song. Hearing your song this time it brought back the images of the mysterious guy. After you were done you walked back to the classroom. Before you reached the door, you actually stopped in your tracks. You weren't really sure what or who you'd find in there and it frightened you a little but at the same time made you excited. Finally you decided to just walk in as quietly as possible. 

But to your disappointment no one was there. You frowned a bit expecting to see that guy from yesterday. So you walked over to the piano and plopped yourself down on the bench. You looked up to see a folded note by your notebook. For some reason you couldnt explain your heart skipped a beat as you grabbed it.

You opened it and read:

Hello _____,

    I know you're wondering who I am and I'm sorry if I scare you.... Please don't be scared. I really would love to get to know you and hang out with you but I'm too shy and I would make a fool of myself, especially in front of a girl as beautiful and talented as you.

     Anyways I heard your song and it sounds beautiful. But I could tell you were having trouble with one part.... So I wrote some notes in your book to help. I hope you don't mind.... 
                         ^-^

You smiled and turned a light shade of pink reading the note. When you finished you looked at your book and saw the musical notes he had written in. You decided to give it a try... And to your amazement it was perfect for that part of the song.

After that you decided to head home happy because someone who understood your music helped you to make the song how you wanted it to be. This mystery guy didn't scare you at all, he was sweet not scary.

'How can I thank him? Or talk to him? I don't even know who he is...' you thought to yourself as you tried to fall asleep.

Suddenly you shot up out of bed having the most brilliant idea.