Part Time Lover, Full Time Killer - Chapter 17

Part Time Lover, Full Time Killer

Sunggyu rolled out of the way the moment the sword plunged into the bed.  Dongwoo was shocked to see that Sunggyu was awake.

"It really is you," said Sunggyu.  "The one who attacked me and kidnapped Woohyun."

Dongwoo glared at him.  "How did you know?"

"Just before," Sunggyu replied.  "When I shoved you lightly but you clutched at your chest as if in pain.  The person I fought with in that warehouse should have a deep wound there from where I slashed him."

Dongwoo let out a laugh.  "You were testing me?"

"Why are you betraying us?" Sunggyu demanded.

"There's ten million on offer," replied Dongwoo.  "And the only thing in my way is you.  Once you're gone, claiming that reward will be no issue."

Dongwoo raised his sword and attacked Sunggyu, who managed to avoid the blade.  Sunggyu reached for his sword under his bed.  He drew out the blade and defended against Dongwoo's attacks.  Sunggyu aimed for Dongwoo's weakness, kicking him in the chest.  Dongwoo stumbled back, trying to hold back the pain.  He knew he was no match for Sunggyu.

"I knew you would be a dangerous adversary the moment I found out who you really were," said Dongwoo.

Sunggyu continued to attack, striking his sword down at Dongwoo, who barely had time to block before Sunggyu followed through with another onslaught of attacks.

"What do you say we join forces?" Dongwoo suggested as a desperate attempt to save his own life.  "50/50?"

Sunggyu stopped and contemplated for a second.  A smile appeared on Dongwoo's face, thinking he had finally convinced Sunggyu to his side.

"Five million is hard to come by for people like us," Dongwoo continued, relaxing a little.  "As the Wild Wolf, didn't you and your gang kill people for this kind of money?"

Sunggyu let out a small laugh.  "You've done a thorough search on us."

Dongwoo smiled.  "Gathering information is my specialty," he replied.  "Also, I like to know who my colleagues are and it just so happens that you are much more than you let on."

Sunggyu's expression turned serious.  "But you've forgotten one thing," said Sunggyu.  "Mad Dog and the Lazy Cat are both doing well and I'm no longer the Wild Wolf of the past!"

With those words, Sunggyu rushed at Dongwoo and their swords clashed once again.  Sunggyu knocked Dongwoo's sword out of his hand.  Dongwoo ran to where his fallen sword landed.  He tried to reach for it but Sunggyu had him at sword point.  Just as Sunggyu lowered his sword at Dongwoo's neck, Dongwoo whispered something to him.  Sunggyu was caught off guard and Dongwoo used that chance to grab his sword and escaped.  It took Sunggyu a few seconds to recollect himself.  Rather than pursuing Dongwoo, Sunggyu took out his phone and dialled a number.

Loud music blasted from the other end as soon as the call was answered. "What?" the voice shouted over all the noise.  "I'm doing my job.  There's no need to check up on me."

"Dongwoo's betrayed us.  He's going after the reward," informed Sunggyu.

"What?" came the surprised voice.

"He tried to kill me, but he escaped," said Sunggyu.  "He's probably going after him now.  Where are you?"


The loud music in the club was giving Woohyun a headache.  He didn't want to come here but Myungsoo had refused to let him go.  Worried about Jun sleeping at home, Woohyun grabbed his jacket and made his way out the back exit.  Myungsoo caught sight of him leaving and followed him into the back alley.

"Woohyun!" Myungsoo called out.

Woohyun stopped and turned around.


Sunggyu arrived at the club, pushing his way through the crowd, until he caught sight of a familiar figure.  He approached the figure and tapped him on the shoulder.  Sungjong turned around.

"Where is he?" Sunggyu asked.

Sungjong seemed frantic.  "I lost sight of him when I was talking to you on the phone."

"Find him!" Sunggyu ordered.

The two split up and searched the club.

Sunggyu saw the back door and followed it out into the alley where he caught sight of the two figures.  He saw a flash of steel under the moonlight.

"No!" Sunggyu shouted.  "Woohyun!"

He ran in between the two as the blade came plunging towards his chest.