Part Time Lover, Full Time Killer - Chapter 18

Part Time Lover, Full Time Killer

The blade came to a stop just as the tip tore through his clothes and pierced his skin.  Myungsoo stood wide eyed, staring at Sunggyu who had run out in front of him.  Sunggyu ignored the blade at his chest.  His eyes were focused on the one in front of him.  The one he loved.  The one who broke his heart.  The one who stood with the sword in his hand.  Woohyun shook his head, eyes b with tears as he looked at the person on the receiving end of his sword.

The two stood looking at each other in silence.  Both had wanted to protect the one they love, without knowing the truth about each other.  To finally discover the truth about each other now was too painful.

"Why?" Woohyun asked, almost pleadingly.

"It's my job to protect the witness," Sunggyu replied.  There was a moment's silence between them, until Sunggyu spoke again.  "Please tell me that this is not true, that I am wrong, that you are not the assassin," Sunggyu begged.  "Woohyun, please, please deny it."

Woohyun glanced at Myungsoo, standing behind Sunggyu, before casting his eyes back to Sunggyu.  He could see the hurt in the older man's eyes.  The awful truth about the one he loved must be killing him.  "Ten million dollars to kill the witness," said Woohyun.

His words caused Sunggyu to close his eyes as tears strolled down his face.

Myungsoo gasped in shock to discover that the one he had been chasing after was actually sent to kill him.

"Woohyun," Sunggyu pleaded, taking a step forward.

Woohyun took a step back so that his sword would not stab Sunggyu any deeper.

"Please don't do this," Sunggyu begged in tears.

Woohyun finally gave in and lowered his sword.  Sunggyu took a few steps closer before pulling Woohyun into his embrace.  Woohyun closed his eyes feeling the older man's body against his.

"I love you," Sunggyu whispered.

Sungjong arrived at the scene to find Sunggyu and Woohyun wrapped in each other's arms.  Myungsoo looked at Sungjong, wondering what he was doing here.

"We need to get you to safety," Sungjong told him.

"Wha-"  Myungsoo was abruptly cut off.

"I'm with Sunggyu, here to protect you," Sungjong stated before dragging Myungsoo away. 

Woohyun caught sight of this and broke out of Sunggyu's embrace.  "I have to do this for Jun so that we can live a better life!" he declared before pursuing after Sungjong and Myungsoo.


Sungjong dragged Myungsoo along, running as fast as they could until Dongwoo appeared and attacked them.  Sungjong drew out his sword and blocked Dongwoo's blade.

"Mr Jang?" said Myungsoo, recognising the substitute teacher.

"Our assignment was to protect the witness," said Sungjong angrily.  "How could you betray us?"

Dongwoo glared at him.  With a mighty swing of his sword, he knocked Sungjong's sword out of his hand.  Sungjong looked and saw Dongwoo's blade coming down at him.  He closed his eyes, waiting for the end.  The sudden sound of steel crashing against another made him open his eyes.  Two masked figures in black had come to his aid.  One was engaged in a sword battle with Dongwoo, while the tall one stood and watched.  He wondered who they were.

"Get going," said the tall one.  "We'll deal with him."

"Who are you?" Sungjong asked.

"Just doing an old friend a favour," he replied.

Sungjong nodded and picked up his sword before running off with Myungsoo.


As they turned the corner, their path was blocked by Woohyun, who stood waiting with his sword in hand.  Sungjong pulled Myungsoo behind him, protecting him from Woohyun.  He could not believe that the quiet boy, always being bullied was an assassin.

"Woohyun, please don't do this," Sungjong pleaded, holding out his sword.

"I've received the deposit," said Woohyun.  "And I intend to fulfil my end of the bargain."

With that, Woohyun charged at Sungjong with swift and deadly attacks.  He slashed Sungjong across the arm and kicked his sword out of his hand.  He followed through with a sharp kick to his shoulder, knocking Sungjong to the ground.  Woohyun then turned his attention to Myungsoo, who stared in disbelief at the scene before him.

Woohyun rushed at Myungsoo and plunged his sword straight at his chest.  The sword pierced his skin, entered his flesh and protruded from his back.  Blood gushed out as he reached out a hand to caress Woohyun's shocked face.

"I love you," he whispered to Woohyun before collapsing forward into Woohyun's arms.

"No," said Woohyun shaking his head in disbelief.  "Sunggyu!"

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note:

Hope you all worked out who's who.

For those wondering, Hoya's been around since chapter 3.