Time is ticking

I am here

If you have only one week left to live, how would you live it? 

 

Dujun breathed in the beautiful scent of the flowers from the garden. The sky was clear and bright. 

 

I promised to be there for you forever. 

 

A backpack slung on his shoulders as Dujun walked into a run-down apartment. 

 

No matter where you are, I will always be beside you. 

 

 

A long day of schedules ended for you and your group, as the van drove in to the dorms, you were staring blankly outside the window. 

"Looks like the shabby old house finally has an owner" HyunA suddenly said, reffering to the run-down apartment located beside their dorms. You heard her speak but took no notice as you were just spacing out, tired both emotionally and physically. You thought of nothing as you just went back to the dorms to wash up and sleep. The members did their own stuff too as it was rare chance to return to the dorms early to rest for the day. 

 

"Hyomin will be getting the surgery done this Friday, if you would like to take this chance and also the time that you have left, you could spend your last moments with her, she would forget about it when the surgery is done as she regains her memory, it would only become a part of her past." Myungsoo spoke through the phone in a serious tone. 

"Yes, I understand. Thank you." Dujun solemnly replied. 

The phone call ended as Dujun shuffled into the one and only room of the run-down apartment he rented for a week. He picked up a normal, presentable looking little box and held it tightly. He then put it in his pocket and made his way out of the apartment. 

 

Thursday, 9am. 

Ding Dong~ Ding Dong~

The doorbell of your dorm rang. You hurridly shuffled to open the door with your hand covering half of your face. 

"Oppa!" you squealed and hugged him. "Oppa I haven't seen you in a long time and I missesd you.." you pouted. Dujun ruffled your hair and you suddenly jumped and quickly covered your face. "Omo oppa! Don't look at me yet! I haven't applied make-up!" you got anxious on your own and quickly ran into your room to do yourself up. Dujun walked in and settled down in the living room. 

After you were done, you walked into the living room to find Dujun looking around. "Let's go" he said. 

"Where are we going?" You asked.

"To do everything that you'll like! Come on, we have a whole day for us, today's your day off right? Let's not waste anymore time!" He placed his hands on your shoulders and guided you out of your dorm. 

First the both of you had brunch at a nearby cafe. You took a seat as Dujun went to the counter to order for the both of you. He knew exactly what you wanted as it was the cafe the both of you often went to. 

Dujun then brought the food to the table and the both of you started eating. 

"Aish schedules are getting more packed these days, it's hard to even see oppa" you pouted again. Dujun smiled and wiped off some crumbs from under your lips. "Oppa let's go shopping later! I saw this new pair of shoes and XX shoping centre has it!" You suggested excitedly. "Ok ok, don't have to rush, we have the whole day to ourselves. Now eat properly" Dujun, being the older one, assured you. You smiled happily and continued munching on your bread. You felt so happy to finally be hanging out with Dujun after you've been so busy with your schedules. Beccause of the incident you now thought that the both of you are still together which is why you were unfazed when Dujun arrived at your doorstep this morning. 

The both of you walked hand in hand into the shopping mall. You put your mouth further down into your scarf and brought your hat a little more down to cover your eyes. You then clung onto Dujun's arm and told him to be careful, but then told him that he looked more like her manager so it should be ok. You laughed cheekily and Dujun acted like he was angry. You then laughed and quickly walked into a shop to escape the angry Dujun. 

Dujun held onto your shopping bags as the both of you entered the cinema to watch a  movie. Throughout the movie, you kept asking Dujun so many questions as always. "Oppa why does she have to be like this?" 

"Why is the guy not moving?"

"Where is the bad guy?"

"Oh no oppa is he going to die?" 

Dujun, usually who would be frustrated by all your questions after some time, instead answered to all of them patiently this time. You felt contented after the movie as you hooked your arm onto Dujun's as the both of you left the cinema. 

The night grew deeper as the both of you just walked aimlessly on the city streets. You always enjoyed walking on the city streets at night and looking at how beautiful the city was. A cup of mocha in your hand which the both of you shared, you and Dujun chatted happily but it was mostly you takling, Dujun just listened on contentedly. After awhile you felt something was off, you asked Dujun if he was ok. You touched his forehead. "Are you sick oppa?" Dujun held onto your wrist gently and placed it on his cheek. "No I'm not, I just like to listen to you talk as I haven't been able to hear your voice in awhile. Oppa will  miss you Hyomin-ah" 

"Oppa, I will miss you too, I hope we can hang out more like this. But, schedules..." You sighed and hugged him. Your head rested at only his chest. 

"Come, it's getting cold, let's bring you back" Dujun held your hand, a little not wanting to break the hug. As always, your little hand fitted into his so nicely. The warm fuzzy feeling the both of you felt back in the days, could be felt again. The both of you then walked to the bus stop to take the bus to your dorm. 

When the both of you reached the front of your dorm. You hugged Dujun once again. It was a nice long hug. Dujun broke the hug and gently bent down to give you a long nice kiss. You held onto the collar of his jacket to pull him a little more down so that you could reach his lips better. You stood on your tip toes despite already wearing wedges. The kiss ended after what seemed like eternity and you took the shopping bags from Dujun's hands. His grip on the bags seemed to be a little too tight but he let it go after awhile. "Oppa, I'll be going in now" you said. You then pulled tip toed again to kiss him on his cheek while he bent down a little to let you reach him. He then held onto your wrist for awhile. He put a small little box in it. "Open this on our monthsary ok?" You nodded and kept it in your bag. You waved to him as you walked into your dorm. You kept looking back. Something felt amiss, it felt like you won't be seeing Dujun for quite some time again. 

Dujun stood in front of your dorm for a long time until he felt assured you were back into your unit. He sighed and the cold air coming out from his mouth could be seen. He then walked  into the apartment beside yours. 

Back in your dorm, you left the box beside your bed. It was week till you and Dujun's monthsary. You wondered what was in it but you wanted to listen to Dujun so you were keeping it until the day of the monthsary. You washed up and went to sleep, contented from the day. 

 

Friday morning

Dujun woke up and went to brush his teeth. He looked into the mirror and flashbacks of you and him brushing teeth together went through his mind. He felt a throbbing headache and grabbed onto his head. He quickly washed off the toothpaste from his mouth and went to get himself a cup of water. Before he could drink it, he dropped the glass and it cracked into pieces on the floor. His body shivered and his eyelids slowly fell. His breathing ceased and he collapsed onto the floor along with the mess. 

 

You were lying in the hospital bed. Myungsoo oppa told you that you would be doing a full body check up. What you didn't know was you were going to do a surgery to regain back your mind. The nurses made you drowsy and you fell into the a deep sleep. The surgery then begun.