A Dangerous Promise

Being Friends is Not Enough

 

It had been a week since Minki first came to Seoul. A week since he started school. And a week since his incounter with Jonghyun. After the small incounter, Jonghyun never showed up to school, though Minki didn't mind. It ment he was safe. On the second day of school, the class president had returned. Park Soo Young. She was a kind girl, who was more than helpful for Minki. Though it seemed she had the same worries as he had. 
 
After she found out about Minki's run in with Jonghyun, she made it her mission to stay by Minki's side. She didn't want anything bad happening to the boy why he was at school. The harsh whispers about him already torture enough for the frail boy to handle. 
 
"Minki-ah!" Soo Young shouted as she ran down the hall way. Just before Minki had a chance to turn and great his friend properly, he was embraced into a very tight bare hug. Gasping he brought his hand up, patting her arm gently.
 
"N-Noona...can't..breathe..." He managed to choke out, his lungs feeling like they were going to be crushed. The older girl giggled, her arms letting go, freeing the boy from their constricter like hold. Minki gave her a small smile, reaching into his locker.
 
"Is everything ok?" He asked. Sooyoung watched as the boy searched through his locker, obviously trying to find something. She placed her hand on his shoulder, making him stop his obsession searching. With that one simple touch, Minki knew something was off. He felt as her hand tighten on his shoulder, before he finally turned to look her in the eyes.
 
"Noona. What's wrong?" He asked, his eyes searching her's. Trying to find an answer to his question. Sooyoung sighed, looking down the hall way. Just like on the first day, the teenagers all split downt the middle. Only this time, they seemed like they all wanted to mold with the walls. Jonghyun was back, and he wasn't alone. Minki gulped as he too shrunk back against his locker.
 
However when Minki looked down the hall, it wasn't Jonghyun he saw in front. It was a student he didn't recognize at all. In fact Jonghyun was standing behind him off to the side. There were two other boys behind him as well. So, Jonghyun was part of a group, but he wasn't the leader like Minki had expected. Just when Minki thought that not one of the boys had spotted him, Jonghyun broke away from the formation, walking strait in Minki's direction.
Minki watched in horror as Jonghyun steped right in front of him, the other boys forming a barier around him. He suddenly felt claustrophobic, and he wanted nothing more then to be out of this dreadful situation. A small smirk formed on Jonghyun's lips as he watched Minki squirm around uncomfortably.
 
"Is this him?" One of the boy's spoke up finally. Jonghyun nodded, his hand moving to Minki's chin, lifting his head so he could look the blonde in the eyes. Minki's eyes widened, his body beginning to shake as he tried his best to look anywhere but the man that was standing in front of him. Why was Jonghyun doing this?
 
"Jonghyun let him go." Minki heard Soo young speak up. She had told the small boy time and time again that Jonghyun and his gang of losers didn't scare her one bit. And judging by the tone she used to address him, she wasn't kidding. Jonghyun's hand let go of Minki's chin, and turning around on his heel he looked at Soo young.
 
"If it isn't the little class president Park Soo Young." He said, his voice smug. "What, is he your friend or something?" He asked, cocking his eye brow. Soo Young glared walking up to Jonghyun, looking him directly in the eyes.
 
"You best be leaving Minki alone. Or else." She threatened. Though the empty threat only made the boys all laugh. One of them turned his attention from the terrified blonde to Soo Young, smirking as he grabbed onto her arm. 
 
"You best be leaving now." Jonghyun said, motioning for the boy to push her away. Soo Young struggled against the boy's harsh grip, though he showed no signs of actually letting go.
 
"Come on." He said, dragging her off down the hall.
 
"Soo Young!" Minki shouted patheticly, trying to push past Jonghyun to go after his only friend. Though Jonghyun grabbed onto the boy's arm, throwing him back against the lockers. The loud crashing noise echoed throughout the now empty halls. The three remaining boys beginning to move in closer to Minki.
 
"You're right Jonghyun. He is cute." one of them said, making Jonghyun glare at the boy.
 
"He's mine Minhyun." Jonghyun said with a low growl, pushing the boy named Minhyun out of his away. The other male, the one who had been silent this whole time sighed, looking awfully bored.
 
"Jonghyun. What are you even going to do with him? The boy looks like he's about to faint. Just leave him be." He said, though his voice didn't hold any emotion. Jonghyun turned up to glare at the male.
 
"Stay out of this Dongho." Jonghyun hissed, just about fed up with the way his friends were acting. The one named Dongho rolled his eyes, grabbing onto Jonghyun's arm, pushing him back away from Minki. Jonghyun looked up at his friend in complete shock.
 
"Dongho what the hell do you think you're doing?!" Jonghyun shouted angrily. Dongho shrugged his shoulders motioning for Minhyun to follow him. Once again he grabbed hold of Jonghyun, beginning to pull him away from the scene.
 
"Aaron didn't say you could do anything to him yet." Dongho said simply as he dragged his friend down the hall. Jonghyun tried to struggle against his friend's harsh grip, but with every movement Dongho held onto him tighter. Jonghyun looked back at the small blonde, his eyes narrowing.
 
"Just you wait Minki!" He shouted, his voice harsh, and promising. The sound send shivers throughout Minki's already shaking body. But as he watched the three walk away, he couldn't help but quietly thank the blonde one named Dongho. He had stopped Jonghyun from doing whatever it was that Jonghyun was attempting. He had saved Minki. 
 
Just as the boys turned the corner walking down the other hall way, Minki collapsed to the floor. He knew this school year was going to be terrible. He was just hoping that Jonghyun wouldn't do anything to serious.
 
"Minki!" He heard a familiar voice calling. He looked up from the ground to see Soo Young rushing to his side. He gave her a small smile, the only one he could bring himself to make in this situation. She skidded to a hault beside him, dropping to her knees. She began to examine his body, looking all over.
 
"Does anything hurt??" She asked a she began to turn his head every which way, searching for any signs of injury. Minki batted away her hands, looking up at her. He gave her a small nod, before speaking.
 
"Nothing happened..." He said. "Nothing happened..."
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Author's Note: A short chapter update. But this is all I could really come up with X3 And again I say. I am using their REAL names. Dongho is Baekho. Not Dongho from U-KISS XD and Jonghyun is JR, not Mr. Dino from SHINee.
Hopefully I'll have the next chapter out soon, and it'll hopefully be a lot less boring. X3
 
Comment and Subscribe please! <3