Paranoid

Being Friends is Not Enough

 

After the run in with Jonghyun and all of his friends, Minki's school life took a drastic turn for the worse. Even with Soo Young by his side. When the school found that Minki was now the target for the gang, they all him.  Even the ones who never even paid attention to him. 
 
The small whispers behind his back turned far more menacing, and hurtful. Walking down the hall way turned into a game of who could shove the feminine boy the most before class started. During lunch he and Soo Young would have to eat outside, in fear of getting food thrown at them. 
 
Because of all of this, Soo Young's reputation drastically fell, and Minki was feeling horrible about it. Yet no matter how many times he told her to stop hanging out with him, she would just shake her head and drape her arm around his shoulders and say something along the lines of "Friends don't abandon friends."
 
Whenever Jonghyun and the group would come to school, things would get worse. Minki's locker door would have profanity written all over it. Sometimes even objects would go missing, only to be found later in the trash, or toilet. His desk would be over turned in the classroom, one of the legs missing. During gym no matter what game they would play, it always felt more like dodge ball for Minki. While in the locker rooms, he would have to wait for everyone to leave before he could take a shower, having had his clothes stolen on multiple occasions. 
 
Though no matter what, whenever he would return home, he never let his father know of the bullying at school. How could tell his parent, that the move they had made to better Minki's life was actually making everything worse? He couldn't hurt his father like that. So whenever his father would ask about school, Minki would give him the brightest smile, and start making up stories. These stories were what Minki had wished would happen instead of the truth. So in his mind, he didn't see it as lying. He saw it as just telling his father his hidden dreams.
 
However one day, his father asked him a question Minki had been dreading, and hoping he would never ask.
 
"So Minki, why don't you invite your friends over? You know so I can get to know them and all." His father said with an unknowing smile. Minki almost choked on the orange juice he had been drinking, pounding his chest with his fist a few times to help clear out his lungs. He cleared his throat, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand before answering his father's question.
 
"U-Um...well I don't know appa...they're all really busy and stuff..." Minki said lamely, looking down at his empty plate of food. His father laughed patting his back before getting up from the table and walking into the small kitchen.
 
"Are you just afraid I'm going to embarrass you?" He father said teasingly, turning back to look at his son. Minki shook his head quickly, getting up and clearing the table of their breakfast plates. He set them down in the small kitchen, sighing..
 
"Aniyo..that's not it.." Minki said running his fingers through his hair. His father looked at him worried. Walking over to his son, he placed the back of his hand onto Minki's forehead. He waited a few minutes before looking down at his son.
 
"Are you not feeling well Minki?" His father asked worried. "Because I can call the school and tell them you're staying home today." His father said, reaching towards the counter to grab his cell phone. Minki's eyes widened, reaching out and grasping onto his father's arm.
 
"N-no! Appa! I'm ok really!" He said forcing a smile. Minki quickly grabbed his backpack, rushing to the door, pushing his feet into his shoes. "I have to go! I'll talk to you after school! Love you!"  Minki said quickly, opening and rushing out the door before his father could say anything. His father sighed, watching the door close behind his now long gone son.
 
"Minki. What has gotten into you?"
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
The walk to school was a long and confusing one. When they moved, his father couldn't afford a nice apartment in the middle of the city by Minki's school so they had to live on the outskirts of Seoul. Though Minki didn't complain about that. He liked the quiet much better. The only difficult part was getting to and from school and work. Minki had to take one subway, and four different buses. If he left to late, it meant he would arrive at school over an hour late. So he always left home early, just to be sure.
 
As Minki walked to the subway station, a strange feeling over took him. Like he was being watched. For that last couple of days he had this feeling while going home, but never once going to school. He shrugged it off as maybe one of the old men staring at him for his weird look. It happened frequently to him, so he was used to it.
 
Just before walking down the steps into the subway tunnel, he pulled out his headphones, turning on his iPod and blocked out the world. The subway was far to loud for his liking, so he figured the best way to block out the sounds was to enter his own little world of music. Sighing he quickly ran down the steps, careful to not trip on them. He walked through the large station, finding the correct gate. It didn't take long for the subway to get here.
 
The ride on the subway took about 20 minutes, and soon he was on the lively streets of the inner city. He sighed, pulling his headphones off, letting it rest around his neck. The soft noise of his music still making it's way to his ears, though it barely there over the loud city noises. He was careful to avoid everyone, making sure he didn't have a chance of running into anyone. He sometimes felt like he was in a mine field while walking to his bus stop.
 
As he sat down on the bench waiting for the bus, the feeling over being watched flooded over him again. This time a bit more worried about the feeling he looked around. No one was looking at him, everyone in their own worlds, not caring about the world around them. He sighed, rolling his shoulders uncomfortably, trying to to shake the feeling away. All he could do now was hope the bus would get here faster.
 
His leg began to shake as he started to look from left to right, becoming more and more paranoid by the second. He was sure if anyone had looked at him now, they would have called 119 by now to report a crazy teenage boy on the streets. He sighed, closing his eyes, trying to coax himself into calming down. His ears picking up on the noise of the bus pulling up in front of him. Sighing relieved he got up from his seat, waiting in the long line to get on the bus. However as he became more focused on the getting on the bus, he hadn't noticed someone walking up behind him.
 
Just as he was about to take a step onto the bus, he felt something latch onto his arm and pull him back. He turned around to a person dressed in all black, a mask covering the bottom half of his face, and the fringe of his dark hair covering his eyes. Minki gasped, his eyes widening as he tried to pry the stranger's hand off of his arm.
 
"Y-yah! Let me go!" He cried. Just as he turned to look at the bus drive for help, the bus pulled away, leaving Minki to deal with this terrifying situation on his own. He looked back at the stranger, trying to tug his arm back from the other. However the stranger's grip tightened. Minki's heart began to pound. What does this strange person want? Was the the person who had been following him? 
 
"I said let me go!!" Minki screamed, trying his best to put on a tough guy act. Though on him it just didn't work. Three other people who had appeared out of nowhere began to close in on the blonde boy, sending the boy into a panic. This was it. He was going to be mugged and killed. Just like on those crime shows he would watch on TV with his father. His father. Oh no! How would his father take loosing his son not even a year after loosing Minki's mother.
 
The stranger had at last let go of Minki's arm, a mistake on his part, because now it Minki a chance to run. And that's exactly what he did. He pushed his way the one open space, taking off down the crowded street. He didn't know where he was running to, he just knew he had to get away. When he looked behind him, three of the four men were chasing after him. Great.
 
Running was never an easy task for Minki. The boy suffering from a very week immune system. If he ran for much longer he was sure his body would shut down. He had to do something to trick the others. Taking a sharp turn his ducked back into an alleyway, moving to the far back, choosing to skwat behind the dumpster. He almost gaged at the terrible smell, but if this is what it would take to get him away from the muggers, then this is what he would have to deal with. His chest rose up and down quickly as he struggled to regain his breathing, his body already beginning to shake from the huge loss of energy. At this rate he wasn't going to make it to school at all.
 
After sitting for what felt like hours, he managed to push his body up with the help of the wall. He grasped onto the side of his head, his body being thrown into a dizzy spell. He closed his eyes tight, waiting for the moment to pass. Just as his eyes closed, something hard slammed into the back of Minki's head, sending him down to the ground, his face slamming into the ground, his body unable to react to the sudden attack. 
 
When he was finally able to open his eyes, all he could see was a blur of red, and he could feel his body beginning to shut down. His breathing slowed, and his eyelids fluttered shut. Just as he began to fade out of consciousness his body was lifted, and carried away, however he had no idea where he was going, and who was taking him. Because soon, he was in a world of black.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Author's Note: Yay a third chapter! I hope it wasn't to boring >.< Please forgive me for the shorter chapters and such. I'm really trying to make this story last :/
Thank you all for reading so far :D
 
Comment and Subscribe please! :D