Day One

Being Friends is Not Enough

 

Grasping onto the strap of the backpack, Minki walked through the halls of the unfamiliar building. He wasn't scared, no. He was just nervous. He had spent his whole life in a small town, and was now being ed into the big city of Seoul. And to make things worse, the school he was entering had to be the largest building he had ever been in. Well, other than his apartment complex, which was indeed a skyscraper.
At this point in time, classes were going, so the hallways were bare. Running his fingers through his hair, Minki did his best to calm down. Searching through the halls he finally found the room he had been looking for; the office. Walking in, the woman behind the desk looked up from her computer screen to see who had walked in. She fixed her glasses comfortably on her nose, before clearing .
"Excuse me? How can I help you?" She asked, removing her hands from the keyboard, in favour of moving them onto her desk, beginning to sift through one of the piles of paper. Minki gulped slightly before looking down at the woman.
"I'm Choi Minki...the new student who just transferred from Busan.." He said in a soft voice. The woman looked up at him over her glasses, nodding her head making small humming noise. The woman twisted around in her seat, facing her computer once again. She typed a few things down, her eyes scanning over the screen before she returned her gaze back to Minki. She gave him a fake smile before speaking.
"Just wait here while I print off your class schedule." She said getting up from her seat and walking down the narrow hallway to an unmarked room. Minki took a deep breath, sighing heavily as he looked around the unfamiliar room. By now he felt like his heart was about to explode out of his chest. He watched the area where the woman disappeared from closely, waiting for her to return with the papers. Once she did she handed him the class schedule, giving him yet another fake smile.
"Here you go sweety, your first class is just down the hall on your right. Normally we would have the student council president show you around but she's out sick. So I guess you're just going to have to make friends with someone who will show you the way to your classes." She said before moving back to sit down at her desk.
"Oh yes, and in those papers is an address to a tailor shop. Have your parent or guardian take you there after school so you can get the school uniform. You'll need to have it by the end of the week or we will start taking marks." She finished, putting her glasses back onto her nose, turning to face the computer screen, signaling she was done with talking. Minki bowed at 90 degrees, silently thanking her before walking out of the office. The woman peaked up from the computer to watch him walk away, shaking her head.
"Poor boy...I doubt he's going to last." She said to herself before her eyes darted back to the screen, resuming in her typing.
Minki stood in front of the classroom door, his hand shaking as he reached up and turned the handle, slowly pushing the door open. Inside he heard the teacher suddenly stop talking at his entrance. The class all turned their heads up to the front of the classroom, watching as the shy new student maneuvered his way over to the teacher, handing the teacher a piece of paper. The teacher gave Minki a small smile, before turning to face the class once again.
"Students, it looks like we have a new student. Choi Minki. Mr. Choi, why don't you introduce yourself to the class." She said, nodding at him slightly. Minki looked a little shocked for a moment but shook it off before turning his attention to the class. He gulped slightly, clearing his throat.
"A-nnyeonghasseo...Choi Minki iminda...please treat me well.." he said slowly, bowing. His body tensed when he heard the sounds of the students beginning to chat around the room. The teacher smiled placing her hand lightly on his back, motioning for him to move to the desk in the back of the classroom. Minki nodded to her, making his way back to the desk. The whispers continued as he sat down, shrinking into the chair. He couldn't tell whether the whispers were bad or not, but he wasn't willing to find out. 
A group of girls turned back to look at him and giggle before turning back around in their seats. That was all Minki needed to know. This school was already beginning to hate him. He knew this upcoming year, wasn't going to be fun at all.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was lunch time, and Kim Jonghyun had finally made his way to school. He wasn't really sure why he had even wanted to show up today. None of his friends were here on this day, all of them having better things to do. Boredom had taken its toll on him, and here he found himself, walking through the large doors to a very busy hallway. Students had crowded the halls, gathering in their clicks, jabbering on about pointless things that had happened during the day. He smirked when a few students had noticed him walk in, and were now scrambling to get away from the boy.
"Have you seen him yet? He's absolutely adorable! I mean sure he's pretty girlish looking, but for some reason that doesn't bother me at all!" Jonghyun heard one of the girls say. The friends around the girl all giggled, nodding in agreement to the statement. Who could they be talking about? He couldn't think of any one in the school who was girlish looking. Maybe in his absence, they had received a new student. Oh well, not like he cared.
Suddenly a large blunt object ran into his back, startling him, making him tumble to the floor. Growling lowly he twisted his body around to see what had hit him. Looking at the ground he saw a tuff of platinum blonde hair. He growled getting up off the floor, walking over grabbing the person by the collar of his shirt lifting him up.
"Watch where you're going bastard." Jonghyun spat, his arm moving back about ready to punch the other. The blonde in his hands lifted up his face, letting Jonghyun look him in the eyes, which were terrified. Jonghyun stopped what he was doing, pushing the other back out of his grasp.
"So you're the new kid?" He asked harshly, looking Minki up and down. Minki nodded slowly, his gaze falling down to the floor.
"M-mianhae.." He whispered, trying his best to stay calm. Jonghyun walked over to Minki, lifting his chin so he could look him in the eyes.
"You're lucky you're new. And cute. Stay out of my way next time girly." He hissed letting the younger go, pushing his way past him. Minki let out a small whimper, grabbing onto his shoulder watching as Jonghyun walked down the hall.
He had already run into what he was guessing was the school bully. He would making a mental note to avoid that boy at all costs. Him, and any of his friends. Jonghyun on the other hand, had other ideas. One look at Minki, and he was hooked. That boy was different from anyone he had ever seen. He was beautiful, y even. And innocence just radiated off of him. Jonghyun was already hooked. He had to make the new kid, his.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Author's Note: Finally I'm home, at a place with internet XD I'll be working hard to pump out updates for this, and my other stories. So don't worry! The wait shouldn't be this long again, I promise! Oh and for those who don't know, I will be using their real names. So, Minki is Ren, and Jonghyun is JR. X3
PS. I have converted my old twitter into an update cite! So, for info on stories and when I will be updating chapters and such, follow me!