o4.

30 Day Drabble Challenge

Day 4: Restless ft. Himchan, Yongguk, Hyosung, Daehyun, Youngjae ; 665 words

 

Despite getting off on the wrong foot, Himchan, Yongguk and Hyosung were getting along, seemingly always bumping into each other as classes started up again. It was inevitable for them to not talk and lucky for the male pair Hyosung was so forgiving. It took a while for her to get Key off their back, though.

The trio, now juniors in college, coincidentally, had a few classes together, seeing as how they were all interested in music. Key, not as much. He was a senior drama/acting major with a few vocal classes. Plus, he usually hung out with his own group of friends. (Although she knew them, Hyosung was not as close to his group of friends as she was her dorm neighbors from across the hall.)

As the months rolled by, Hyosung got more and more comfortable with her male neighbors, even meeting their past underclassmen friends from high school who just started at the university. One was seemingly more intelligent than the rest, yet a complete dork besides that, and the other was a quiet yet caring and sweet guy, also a dork at times.

The one Hyosung was most comfortable with was a certain black haired male with crazy eyes, high cheekbones and thin lips. Since the two were in more classes together, both being singers (Yongguk was more of a rapper), and even paired up for projects, she spent more time with Himchan.

Some nights she just couldn't sleep. Those nights, she was thinking of other things. Things like her home, her parents. When Hyosung thought there was no way she could sleep that night, her thoughts would drift back to her new friends, her new home at the dorms, to Himchan.

Nowadays, he was always in her thoughts. When they were apart, when Himchan visited his home for the weekend or even just went out with the guys, she worried if he was healthy, taking care of himself. She knew he was careful about what he ate since his time from middle school, but she still couldn't help but worry. Her thoughts would then drift off to his features that were engraved in her mind. She loved his smiling face, not a care in the world, the way his nose crinkled when he laughed, or his front two teeth that came forward just a little more than the rest-- there was so, so much more she could say.

Hyosung quickly shook her head, trying to get the thoughts out of her head. She refused to believe there was something more. She couldn't fall in love. She couldn't ruin the friendship between them and the rest. Just friends. Just..

"So you're not coming?" The purple haired female snapped out of her thoughts and looked to the source of the voice even though she knew exactly who it was, knowing it all too well.

"Coming to what?" Hyosung asked, genuinely confused and lost. What were they talking about?

"You and Himchan have been spacing out so much lately. Weirder for Himchan though.." the brunette muttered and glanced at the female, grinning when he got the reaction he wanted.

"Yah, Yongguk! What is that supposed to mean? Actually, no. What were you saying?" Hyosung shook her head, a smile on her lips.

"I was trying to ask you if you wanted to hang out with us for Thanksgiving. You said you weren't going home, right?"

Hyosung's eyes lowered slightly, clouded for just a moment, and didn't go unnoticed by the male. She blinked and returned to her bubbly self and nodded. "Ne, I'm not going back." There was a hint of bitterness, but it was quickly forgotten as she continued. "Sure, I'll join you guys, but what can we do?"

Yongguk pursed his lips, debating whether or not he should ask what was wrong, then decided with the latter. "We can go off campus. The guys and I always go to this one place; it's like tradition. Lots of fun, don't worry."

Comments and constructive criticism are welcome. Thanks for the reading ♥