-- Part 1

Dancing on My Own

 

“No!”  

She darted up from her bed; beads of sweats were visible on her forehead, damping her pale skin as her chest rose up and down in a rapid rhythm. She shook her head, bringing her palm to her head, lightly massaging her scalps although it barely did anything to get rid of the image that planted firmly on the back of her head.

“YongGuk” She trailed the same hand that was holding her head down to her chest, resting her opened palm on her chest, right on top of her heart as she listened to her own heartbeat. It was beating harshly against her ribcage. She felt suffocated. The memories of him flooded back in her head, rocketing all sorts of emotions that she longed so desperately. His touch, his voice, his warmth, she missed every single thing about him.

She stood up and made her way towards their closet, one after another; scuffing her feet tiredly. She opened the door to the closet, touching the clothes that she hung, one by one. Those were his shirts. She still kept it. She didn’t have the heart to throw them away. Somewhere deep in her heart, she believed that he will come back and wear those clothes again. She prayed. She hoped. She wished. She took one of the shirts, his favorite red shirt. It was the last thing that he wore before he went. She clutched the shirt close to her body, smelling the flowery scent of the fabric softener. He always smelled like that. She stripped herself from her soft pink satin night gown, putting the shirt over her body in replacement. It was loose on her. His body was far more built than her and he was way taller than her. The hem of his shirt settled perfectly on her fair thighs. He loved it when she wore his shirt, nothing but his shirt on.

“Hey there y!” A playful grin crept on his pair of lips as she came out from the shower wearing nothing but his lose shirt on. She lightly hit his firm bicep, earning a round of chuckle from him as he gripped her small wrist, locking it on her side. He leaned in and softly, he brushed his lips on top of hers. Her eyes fluttered shut, reaching for his neck with her free hand, wrapping it to bring herself closer to him as he deepened the kiss. No matter how many times they kissed, she never got tired of his lips, and they way they moved ever so gently on hers; they molded perfectly with each other.

They finally parted from each other with a slight pant trailed in their breaths. She smiled as he locked his gaze with hers, looking at his wife ever so lovingly. He had his hand her strands softly, dragging the back of his fingers along her cheek.

“Jieun-ah” A raspy, deep voice came out from his lips. His hand slid inside her loose shirt, resting on her as he massaged her soft skin tenderly. She loved it when he did that. The warmth that radiated from his hand calmed her somehow.

“Hmm?” She hummed softly, resting her forehead on his shoulder. She had her arms wrapped around his neck, her legs straddling his waist as they sat on the bed doing nothing but cuddling.

“I’m going to war”