P A R T 2

Omma's Day Off

xx     [ parttwo ]     xx

 

 

"Here's your bread." Baekhyun pushed the loaf towards Chanyeol whom took two slices and slotted it into the white toaster before pushing the lever down. But it bounced back up. He pushed down again. Up it went again. Baekhyun watched him do it over and over again.

"I think the toaster is spoilt!" Chanyeol cried out in frustration as he tried to push the lever down again.

"Did you switch it on?" Baekhyun asked as he leaned forward to take a good look at the main switch.

"I did! But-" Chanyeol glanced at the switch and there wasn't any red light to indicate that the power was on. "-oh, I think I forgot."

Baekhyun felt like hitting his head against the wall. Sometimes he wondered what's inside his boyfriend's head. Probably, too much air. After the other boy pushed the lever down, they waited for the "ting". Chanyeol was staring at the toaster intently with frown lines marring his forehead.

"Stop staring so hard. You might get wrinkles." Baekhyun smoothed a hand over his boyfriend's head.

"But you'll still love me even if I look like a prune, right?"

"I'll still love you even if you look like a dried fig." Baekhyun added as he crawled over the counter top towards his boyfriend, kissing his cheeks while wounding his arms around his waist. He rested his chin atop Chanyeol's shoulder.

"Why is it a dried fig?"

"Dried figs are wrinkly but they are sweet like you." Baekhyun pecked Chanyeol's grinning lips.

"You are so sweet." Chanyeol nuzzled his boyfriend's neck.

In the living room. Luhan wriggled out of his boyfriend's hold as the latter questioned him. "Where are you going?"

"Check on them." Luhan grinned and made a bee line towards the kitchen where he found the couple staring at the toast.

"Is this brown enough?" Chanyeol asked the newcomer. "Hmm, maybe we should have turned it up higher."

Luhan told them he would check with Kris. Seconds later he was back with a shake of his head. "Duizhang said it's too pale."

So, they turned up the heat to the max, dumped the toast a second time and waited. Luhan perched on the stool.  Suddenly, an awful smell wafted through the air. Ting!

"What is that smell?" Kris' voice boomed from outside the kitchen.

"Nothing!" Baekhyun gasped at the blackened toast. "Shoot me, what should we do?"

"It's just one, let's try another. Duizhang can never know about this." Baekhyun passed one of the toasts to Luhan, along with a table knife. "Help me scrape the darkened parts."

"Yes, sir!" Luhan started scraping the blackened toast, leaving dark dust on the counter top while Chanyeol dumped another pair of toast into the toaster.

Ting!

"It's burnt!" Chanyeol gasped.

"You didn't change the heat?" Baekhyun slapped his forehead. "At this rate, Duizhang is gonna walk in-"

"And what about me walking in?" Kris spoke from behind them. "The fu- heck is that?"

Luhan smiled. "Toast?" He held up the thin scraped bread.

Kris took a deep breath as he stared at the bread that looked worst than an anorexic model. "Oh, god." 

 

✂ ✂ 

 

 

Kyungsoo stared at his mobile as he bit into his fruit tart as he contemplate calling one of his boyfriends to check on them. An image of them pulling their hair out sealed his decision to let them just suffer. Hmm, maybe next time. He pocketed his mobile and enjoyed the light breeze.
 

✂ ✂ 

 

"Why not just cook some bacon and eggs? I found some in the fridge." Yixing suggested.
 
Kris thought hard. After the spectacular display of food preparations from Jongin, Minseok and Chanyeol, he was unsure if he should even let anyone in the kitchen. But Yixing wasn't clueless or clumsy, so maybe he should give him a chance.
 
"We can help!" Both Baekhyun and Chanyeol voluntered. 
 
Joonmyun shot them a deadly glare. "Don't even think about it."
 
They both shrunk in their seats. Yixing stepped into the kitchen and took the packet of bacon before closing the fridge with his foot. He poured a ladle of canola oil into the frying pan and the stove. While waiting for the oil to heat up, Yixing stared out of the window. A flock of pigeons caught his attention as they walked up and down the window ledge. Soon, he got lost in his bird watching. And forgot about the frying pan.
 
Meanwhile, in the living room, Kris was reading the newspaper on the sofa while Joonmyun who was sitting with his back against the other end of the sofa, feet on Kris' lap, was reading a book on handling kids.
 
Minseok, Jongdae and Tao were fighting over the remote control with Tao at an advantaged as he wushu-ed  his way around much to the annoyance of the other two members. The other members, namely Baekhyun amd Chanyeol, were watching BoA's Only One music video on the latter's MacBook while trying to reenact the couple dance. Chanyeol was lying on the floor with Baekhyun standing above him, feet on each side of his waist. Then in a flash, Baekhyun was on his back, groaning in pain.
 
"I'm sorry, Baekhyunnie!" Chanyeol patted all over his boyfriend. "Did I hurt you?"
 
"Do you have to push me so hard? It was just a gentle push!" Baekhyun glared. He sat up, folding his legs beneath him.
 
Jongin appeared out of nowhere, hugging Baekhyun from behind. "No wonder they didn't pick you to dance with BoA-sunbaenim."
 
"Argh, you-" Chanyeol clenched his fist tightly till his knuckles turned white. He would love to punch that smirking face. "-bloody idiot! Argh! Let go of my boyfriend!"
 
"How could you call yourself his boyfriend when you hurt him?" Jongin asked. He turned to Baekhyun, patting his chest. "Are you hurt here? Take off your clothes and lt me check f-" A rolled magazine smacked against the back of his head. Jongin turned to see Tao unrolling the magazine. "What the heck is that for?"
 
"Baekhyun's not your boy toy." Tao said before going back to wrestle for the remote with Jongdae.
 
The tanned guy let go of the slighter main vocalist after Kris gave him that let-go-of-him-or-else look. Fine. Well, there was always another chance.
 
Staring at the ceiling as he pillowed his head over Sehun's lap, Luhan paid little attention to what was going on the TV  and chose to just stare into space. That's when he saw it.
 
"Sehunnie, is there supposed to be grey clouds?" He furrowed his forehead, squeezing his Bambi unconsciously.
 
"Yeah, when it's about to rain." Sehun combed through his lover's blonde locks. "Hmm, did you smell that? Like something-" 
 
He was cut mid-sentence when Luhan pointed up. "Grey clouds in the house?"
 
"Oh, !" Sehun called out to their two appas. "Look!"
 
Kris felt his jaw dropped as he realised what exactly could have happened since the bubbles of grey were coming from the kitchen. They rushed into the kitchen to find Baekhyun trying to kill the fire with the cupped water that he took from the tap.
 
"That will take forever! Joonmyun, could you get me-" His lover came with an unused towel. "Thanks!" They both wet it, then threw it over the flames. It hissed as it left behind a whirl of black smoke.
 
"That's it!" Kris growled in frustration. He was about to suggest delivery but Tao poked his head in and suggested the most brilliant idea.
 
"Why not eat those oatmeal biscuits that's in the storeroom? It's been there since the fans  gave it to us." Tao added.
 
Without further hesitation, they went to the storeroom, with the members crowding the door while Tao climbed up the racks Kungu Panda style. He had one foot on one rack and the other stretched out as it rested on the far left rack. 
 
"Tao! Tao! Tao!" They cheered him on.
 
Tao felt for the metal tin. Once he grasped it, he pulled it forward and threw it down, assuming someone was there to catch it.
 
Bam!
 
Silence.
 
Tao jumped down. He stared at the tin, then at their faces. "."
 
"That's it! You're paying for breakfast!" Kris held Tao's wrists as Joonmyun took his wallet from the back pocket. The latter pulled all the bills.
 
"And the coins too." Kris added angrily. Once Joonmyun was done, he shook the wallet to make sure it was empty.
 
"You can have it back." Joonmyun slid the wallet into Tao's back pocket.
 
Tao's lips trembled. My money, he thought sadly.
 
"No one gets a say in this. I order, you guys just eat, understood?" Kris glared at each of them. They nodded. Obediently. For now.

 

✂ ✂ 

 
 
Chapter 2! Thank you for the comments and subscription! I love you all <3 I try to make this as funny as possible really..