Texting

Summer Waters

 

KRIS

I can’t sleep.

I can’t eat.

I’m a mess.

I want to talk to Tao again, but I’m stopping myself.

I flopped down onto my bed and sighed.

I found myself wanting to touch him like I had only a week ago in my bed. I wanted to caress him and kiss him.

I’m disgusting, though. Thinking these kind of thoughts about a guy. But then, Tao kissed me too.

Is he confused as much as I am? Is he also thinking about me right now?

I pulled out my iPhone and glanced at the time.

2:40am

I unlocked it and went into contacts.

There his name was.

I clicked on it and then started to text him.

I’m sorry if you thought I said we didn’t want to be friends. I’d like to see you again.

I backspaced it all and started typing again.

I think about you a lot. I miss you. I’m sorry. I like you.

I backspaced it all again and locked the screen.

“Tao…”
 

 

TAO

It’s been a week and today is the first time I’m all alone. No one is at my house, my mother visiting my uncle and aunt in a place not too far from here.

I hadn’t talked to Chanyeol again. He hadn’t been around but I knew he’d soon return. I had a feeling he would.

I began thinking.

The number one thought on my mind was Kris.

That stupid er.

I’m angry at him. He basically left me and said ‘let’s not be friends anymore.’

He hadn’t really said it, but he didn’t need to.

I pulled a futon down into the lounge room and turned the TV on. Shopping commercials had taken over most of the channels. I exhaled and pulled out my phone. I dwelled on his name for a while before clicking onto it.

Are you awake? I haven’t talked to you for a while… How are you?

I pressed send.

I quickly locked it and threw it down besides me, my heart beating fast.

I waited.

And waited.

Then, on the verge of sleep, a soft buzzing emitted into the air.

I quickly snapped out of my sleepy state and grabbed my phone hurriedly.

We haven’t talked for a reason. I’m sleeping now. Good night.

I felt as though I may cry. Why was he acting like this? Was he really upset over a kiss?

But then, why was I worked up over all of this?

 

Maybe… just maybe, I really do like Kris. 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Here, have two chapters in one day because I'm bored out of my brains and I'm dying to get to the good stuff. I'm currently writing a very interesting scene that I think most of you will really like. Hohohoooooo, anyway. Hope this chapter was good~~ x0x0x