Chapter 3

The Runaway

Sandara Park didn’t know why she felt surprise. Was it because Kwon Jiyong came running towards her and when she was directly in front of him, he embraced her as if they were still together? Or was it because of the people around them were taking pictures of Sandara Park and Kwon Jiyong hugging in the airport? Either way, there was only one way to solve this. She pushed Kwon Jiyong away.

 

That could have made Kwon Jiyong’s soul to go back to Earth. He realized what he had done and he just flashed a goofy smile.

 

The next thing they knew, they were being mobbed by KWON JIYONG FAN GIRLS screaming, ‘OPPA, HOW COULD YOU?’ as if they were Kwon Jiyong’s girlfriend who caught him cheating on them. Kwon Jiyong scratched the back of his neck and smiled some more.

 

For the first time in five years, Sandara felt fear again. The fan girls threw daggers at her with their eyes. She could have sworn someone called her ‘’ or ‘’. She was almost in tears when Kwon Jiyong grabbed her in the arm and whispered something on her ears.

 

“Run.”

 

And so, they ran. They ran as if they stole something and the authorities were running after them. They as if they were running for their dear life—well, they were, and you had no idea of how scary angry fan girls could be.

 

They arrived in Jiyong’s car in one piece, but Sandara remembered something—she left her luggage in the airport. Jiyong figured it out on his own and so, he took his phone from his pocket and dialled his manager’s number. He explained the situation and they somehow got into a fight because Kwon Jiyong was stupid to go to the airport without disguise, but in the end, Kwon Jiyong won and his manager promised to get the things.

 

After the phone call, an awkward silence filled the car. Well, until Sandara broke it.

 

“How can you be so stupid? Why did you hug him in front of those people? Did you know that you’re still an idol? God Jiyong! You’re so stupid!” She ranted on him.

 

Kwon Jiyong faced her and his expression was no longer the one he wore inside the airport. Now, he looked like in pain and filled with sorrow.

 

“Yes, I’m stupid. I’m stupid for waiting for 5 years. I’m stupid for still being in love with you even though you turned me down. I’m stupid Sandara. But that’s what keeps me alive. I’m still alive because I’ve been waiting for you to return. I’m still alive because I’m still in love with you. So thanks for this stupidity of mine or else I’m already buried 6 feet under the ground.” Jiyong just exploded. What he wanted to say to her, he said it now. But that didn’t take the pain away.

 

Sandara, on the other hand, didn’t know what to say. She turned her head so that she wouldn’t look at him. She couldn’t bear to look at him.

 

“I went back to Korea for Youngbae and Chaerin’s wedding and that’s it. After the wedding, I’m going back home.” She said coldly.

 

“Home? You call that home? You’ve been to 20 states for the last 5 years! You change place every 3 months. Is that what you call home? Korea is your home Sandara.” Jiyong said as he was trying to control his emotions.

 

Sandara ignored what he said and looked at the window as if there was something interesting there. Then she told him “Take me to Chaerin.”

 

 Kwon Jiyong stared at her back. He raised his hand and extended it but as his hand was a few inches away from her, his hand stopped on mid-air. His hand shook as it curled into a fist before he withdrew it. He closed his eyes for a few seconds, trying to calm himselfbefore he took his phone and dialled Chaerin’s number.

 

Instead of Chaerin, Youngbae was the one who answered.

 

“Ji, is noona here already? Chaerin is having a problem with her dress. Can you bring noona here? We’re in Apgujeong district. Remember that coffee shop we went to always? It’s just in front of the bridal shop.” Youngbae said without letting his bestfriend interrupt. Without even saying goodbye, he ended the call. Jiyong figured out that Chaerin was having PMS and if she caught her fiancé talking to the phone instead of helping her finding a dress, World War 3 would start.

 

Jiyong bit his lips (A/N. Ooooohhhh…y!!!) as he placed his phone back to his pocket. He started the engine and drove away from the airport.

 

They arrived at Apgujeong district after an hour or so. The crowd was thinning merely because it was 3 in the afternoon already. Jiyong parked the car outside the bridal shop, beside Youngbae’s car.

 

Jiyong and Sandara went out of the car and entered the shop. The first thing that greeted Sandara and Jiyong was a scream. It came from an employee of the bridal shop who had seen them coming inside.

 

“Omg! Mamee and Glam were right! It was really you they saw in the airport.” The woman with a name “Honie” on her nametag said as she grabbed her iphone to show Sandara and Jiyong the picture that her friends Mamee and Glam sent her. Sandara groaned when she realized that it was a picture of them hugging in the airport. Great, she had been back in Korea for an hour and she already made it in the internet.

 

“Omg! This is so surreal. I was really mad at Izza for letting me cover for her since she was too depressed when rumors about CL and Taeyang getting married. But I guess the rumors were wrong. It’s you who’s getting married! Omg! I couldn’t believe my dream is coming through. Did you know that we actually set up a forum just for you two and we figured out that you were secretly dating for years? And we actually thought that you two broke up 5 years ago when Sandara took off but I guess you’re back together now. And GOD!!! Please come in! I’d really be happy to assist my idols!” Honie said non-stop.

 

Jiyong and Sandara couldn’t help but drop their jaws on what Honie just said. But Sandara really knew how to turn a dream into a nightmare.

 

“Err…Honie, right?” Sandara asked.

 

“OMG! I can die happy now! You know my name!!!” Honie said as if she was having a heart attack. Then, Jiyong pointed her name tag and she said, “Oh.”

 

“Anyway, Honie. We’re not getting married. And we’re not dating okay? We’re here for Chaerin’s and Youngbae’s wedding. But tell your friend that she must not worry because Chaerin is a good person and she will take care of Youngbae.” Sandara said before she looked around to find her bestfriend.

 

“Oh. I’m sorry. I just thought…oh never mind.” Honie said. She then proceeded to look for Chaerin and Youngbae. She just arrived a few minutes ago and she wasn’t aware that they were here.

 

After 5 minutes, they found Youngbae and Chaerin. Chaerin was almost in tears because she hadn’t picked a dress yet. Sandara ran towards her bestfriend and gave her a hug. Chaerin returned the hug and without even saying anything else, the two girls proceeded to look for a dress.

 

Jiyong walked towards his bestfriend. Youngbae was sitting on the couch, obviously tired. Jiyong sat beside him and that was when the interrogation happened.

 

“So, did you kiss and make-up?” Youngbae asked.

 

“It’s over.” That was the only thing that Jiyong said.

 

“You know, just give noona a few more days. She’s just cranky because she might be jet-lagged or something. Maybe she would change her mind. And did see tell you why she turned you down? Sigh… This wedding could have been yours you know? I always thought you’re going to get married first.” Youngbae said as he extended his arms and legs, stretching it.

 

“No, she didn’t. She didn’t tell me. Bae, I’m really having a hard time already. I can’t take it anymore. What if, I’m tired already? What if I want to give up?” Jiyong said as he faced his bestfriend.

 

Of course, Mr. Sunshine still had a smile on his face despite what his bestfriend just told him. Dong Youngbae, after all, was Mr. Optimistic.

 

“Do you love Noona?” Youngbae asked.

 

“Yes.” Jiyong said almost immediately.

 

“Then whatever may happen after this wedding, it would be all worth it.” Youngbae said.

 

Jiyong let those words echo in his mind. Then, he said it himself.

 

“Yes, it would be all worth it.”