Trash Bin:Where It All Began

Trash bin

 

FOODLESS: Where it all started 

It was 9:30pm when Suho came back from his voice lesson practice, He opened his refrigerator and stared blankly for 2 minutes until he realizes that he hasn’t restocked the fridge, Suho then sought for food in his food cabinet; to his surprise he found the last food available, just when he was about to open the box he read the label only to find out that its cat food.

Suho cried in anguish and shrieked until he felt nauseous, he tries to order food but all the nearby food stores are closing. As his stomach begins to grumble he then decides to go out and buy his meal in a mini mart. He roams around and sees the futuristic generation; everywhere he goes he can see the new humabots that was made by Japan and Korea Private Company to boost their country’s technological economy; these bots were programmed to take care of their master and serves as their personal computer when attached to a monitor, they can also be used to send texts and emails. They are also designed to look like a real deal human having the same features and skin that came from a human cell generated to replicate and reproduce skin like that of a human.

After buying stuff and eating from the mart, Suho carries his items and meal to the humabot cashier and registers his name and his credit payment. After finishing his food Suho walked away like a drunkard feeling sick and sleepy, even though he already ate 2 full meals. While moving towards his pathway and practicing his song he noticed a flash in a dark corner of the street, Suho anxiously walked into the area until he smells the rotting garbage thrown everywhere. He continuous to walk until he stumbles into the flashing light, to take a better look at the object he took out his phone and its built in flash light. He stared in awe when he finds a boy who’s breathing slowly and has a smirk on his face as if his sleeping on a soft bed made of cotton, Suho carefully climbed on piles of trash scattered everywhere until he reached the boy. He examines the body and tries to poke it with his fingers, Suho, with a little hesitation placed his head on the chest of the boy and tries to listen to the heartbeat but there’s no sound that can be heard. He tries to poke the eyes of the dead like boy and finally it responded by slapping his face. He deepens his thought and thinks that the boy might not be human after all, without thinking twice he lift the boy with his arms but it seems like it was heavy, somewhat like pieces of metal glued together, he then placed the boy on his back and walked the streets acting like he’s just carrying a drank friend.

When Suho reached his house, He hurriedly unlocks the door and enters as if a killer was running after him. Suho accidentally drops the boy on the floor when he heard a crack sound, He carefully pushes the boy on its other side to see what was wrong with it, the boy never responds to any action done onto him. Suho placed the boy beside his bed and decides to rest for the night and continue to examine the boy tomorrow.

Next morning, Suho stretches his body as he wakes up from his sleep; he bent sideways and finally stood up from the bed. Suho gently carries the boy and places it on his bed, he took a closer look at the features of the boy, It wasn’t tall in fact it was a bit shorter than him, the boys has a smooth white skin, beautiful eyes and thick lips, his eyebrows are quite high and far from the eyes making the boy look like an innocent child. Suho observed from the head to toe and remembers that the boys has no clothes, he then took a bath towel and covered the middle part of the body. “What am I going to do with this?” Suho spent an hour thinking of what to do with the immobile boy, “No wonder this thing is in the trash bin” Suho tries to call the famous Frendabot brand so that they could properly dispose the defected bot, but as he looks at the face of the boy he could not bring himself to throw the thing away.

Suho spent his day searching how to turn on a humabot, and then he sees an article in the internet where there are special cases of humabots known as “EX-O-2100781” These bots were the primary models and basis of the new gen humabots, but they’re designed in a different way, they can’t be by a switch instead a kiss on the lips will the marked lip of the owner will trigger their functions and the moment they wake up they will only have one master forever. Suho hesitates to kiss another boy even though it’s only a humabot he still feels awkward to do it, but he’s got no choice its either he kisses the bot, tosses it in the trash or surrender it to the humabot disposal unit.

A few hours passed then Suho finally decides to give the humabot a kiss and see if it’s part of the EX-O-2100781 model, Suho carefully moves closer to the face of the boy and closes his eye as his lips touched the model’s, after the kiss a sound of a machine sprout out of nowhere, as Suho opens his eyes the boy gently open its eyelids and showed its glowing eyes, Suho was taken aback by what he saw and he just observes what is happening to the humabot.

After 5 minutes, the humabot was moving and takes a look at its environment, It widen its eyes and tilts its head as it carefully examines the new environment, It looked like a young boy who was really amaze in the little thing he sees, “It is a part of the old model, but why would someone throw it away?” Suho asks himself but he has no answer for his question. The humabot started to bend its knees and crawls forward to Suho who was still left in a shock, the boy open its mouth and began to speak “Kim Joon Myeon a.k.a Suho, born May 22, 1991, nationality: Korean, blood type AB.” The humabot continuous to mumble information about Suho for an hour until Suho began to feel sleepy. “My name is D.O. a model member of EX-O-2100781 generation registered as 0112192, I shall be your new slave.” The boy bows down 90° and says “Please do anything you want with me” with a gentle grin on its face. Suho when he heard the sentence Please do anything with me begins to imagine, himself ordering the humabot around and as well as imaging some dirty thoughts ;).

Suho then remembered what he saw from the internet and quickly searched for it again. “According to this article, Models of your generation should only know one master, then how come you consider me as a new one and do not remember your previous master?”

“I do not wish to be impolite master but, this is the first time I ever saw a human and my lips were not mark by any previous human. Therefore I only consider you as my master.”

Suho searched the net for people who have EX-O-2100781 unit; he looked up for the known collectors and luckily was able to find one and the information of the owner, Suho called the number and patiently waits for someone to answer the phone.

 “Hello and good afternoon, my name is Miyoung personal assistant and humabot of Mr. Kwang Soo, how may I help you?”

“My name is Suho, can I speak with Mr. Kwang Soo please, I have a something to ask from him.” Suho replied in a worried manner.

“What is this something Mr. Suho would like to ask? I will forward an email to Mr. Kwang Soo and tell him that you want to speak with him. Usually emails are answered within 2 to 4 days and meetings are then set up by Mr. Kwang Soo himself. I will forward an email to you. Do you have a humabot? Kindly give the unit code and I will forward the email to you.”

“No, sorry I don’t think mine is working properly please mail it to my email address.”

“Thank you Mr. Suho You will receive a notification in your email with the name KWcorp, please wait patiently for the email, nice talking with you, Goodbye.”

After talking at the telephone, Suho asks the boy to stand up and come with him in the wardrobe area. He took the smallest size of clothes that he has and asks the humabot to dress itself. A few moments later, Suho asks the boy why it ended up in a trash bin; the boy couldn’t answer his question and stared at Suho for a minute or so. Suho decides to restock the empty fridge and food cabinet, when he was opening the door he was shock to see D.O. the boy humabot standing outside of his house.

“Where are you going master? I am your slave, please use me and bring me wherever you go.”

“I’m just going to the grocery, you can come with me if you like I need someone to carry my purchased items.” Suho took out his earphones and plugged it in his ears.

The boy followed Suho until they reach the grocery, Suho grabbed items from the grocery when he notices that D.O. was not tailing him anymore, he ran around the grocery as if he lost a child, with his concerned face he continuous to check different sections of the grocery until he finds a huge crowd of young girls and humabots engulfing someone. Suho pushes his way to get a better view of the person at the center of the circle when he finds out that D.O. is staring perplexedly at everyone asking him questions.

“Excuse me everyone please get away from my humabot, its frightened please step away from him.”

The girls looked at Suho with utmost dismay and arrogance; they mumbled for a bit and crowded up on D.O. again. Suho became irritated as he pushes the girls and the bots away from D.O. and takes his hand to save him from the crazy girls. They ran quickly to the humabot cashier and paid using his card to get away from the number of girls that were still following D.O.. At last they reached the car and Suho quickly drives away like a superstar running away from the crazy paparazzi.