Fresh Beginning

Tasty

 

 

I sat down in the corner of the bus and tilted my head to look out the window. I was wearing my glasses and sipped coffee from my cup. There was hardly anyone in the bus, I lived far away from the city and got on the very first stop. After thirty minutes of silence, a whole bunch of uni students swarmed into the bus. We were in Seoul, where most of the students of my school lived. They were noisy and kept chatting like no tomorrow.

“There’s a seat he-“

“Ouch” I said as a girl sat on me.

“Oh sorry, I didn’t see you there.” She said.

“It’s okay.” I whispered.

The girl went back to her group and her face flushed red.

“I totally didn’t see that girl.”

“Who is she?”

“Is she a freshman this year?”

“Oh, I heard about someone like her!”

“Oh yea, the ‘invisible girl’!”

My nickname was Invisible Girl. No one ever paid attention to me. It’s not like they were bullying me or anything. They just didn’t see me. I was a new uni student and today was my first day in university. But everybody pretty much heard of the rumours about a girl with no presence.  The bus finally reached Seoul University, I got up from my seat and tried to get out through the crowd.

“Um…Excuse me.” I said.

As usual, nobody heard me and I couldn’t get out. The other passengers didn’t realise that I was there so the just stood there.  I tried one more time but they still didn’t move. Just then, a tall guy told the people to move.

“Excuse me, can you please move. We’re trying to get out.”

Straight away, everyone formed a pathway leading to the exit.

“Ladies first.” He said.

I stared at him in awe, he could see me. There was actually a person who could see me. My parents were the only people who could actually see me properly.

“Aren’t you going to get off? You’re a freshman right, you shouldn’t be late on your first day.” He said with a smile.

My heart started to beat wildly. I took a while longer to look at him properly. He had soft brown hair which was neatly cut. His muscles were solid and sticking out underneath his clothes. He was really tall and carried a canvas backpack.

He stared at me curiously and nodded his head towards the door. I finally woke up and walked down the steps and out the bus. I fixed my glasses and grabbed my bag tighter, my face was still hot from before.

He walked down right behind me and smiled before leaving. I managed to smile back even though he didn’t see it. I can’t believe a hot guy like him would pay attention to a plain girl like me. Maybe this year would be a bit different, maybe a bit better.

 

“Hello everyone.” Said the teacher as she walked into the classroom.

“I am Professor Jang and welcome to your first day in university.” She continued.

The whole class started cheering and clapping.

“Yes, I am the best teacher in this whole university. Since I need to get to know you guys, please write down a mini profile on these sheets.” She said, holding small pieces of paper.

She handed them out to everyone and told us to write out name, birthday and our goal for this year.

“Your goal can be anything, make a lot of money, finish uni or even to buy a unicorn.” She said.

The whole class except me laughed at her joke. I looked down at my paper and wrote my name and birthday. ‘Lee Su Yeon, February 14th, 1993’

“Goal….” I said, twirling my hair with a pencil.

I wrote down my goal and put my paper last on the teacher’s desk.

At the end of school, the teacher caught up with me.

“Su Yeon-sshi, about your goal….” She said.

“Yes.” I replied.

“I wish you good luck.” She said.

She gave me the paper with my profile on it and left.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The very first chapter! XD I only in highschool so I don't know much about uni......but I'll try my best! :) Comment and Subscribe~