Wufan and Jongdae

The Ship That Starts To Sail When The Other's Already Sank

If EXO-K has Kyungsoo, EXO-M has Kris. Who’s up until now continues to set himself away from others and prefers to sit alone in a corner or in a confined area. They never thought that the Kris they knew, who’s fierce but kind, strong but soft, and determined but fair leader, is suffering so much right now that they start to notice how his perfect chiseled body became skinny and bony. He refuses to talk to everyone. He refuses to eat regularly, they actually lucky if they sees him eating a slice of bread. Never did they think that Kris has so much feeling towards their late Chen.

 

Kris the most fierce and strict leader you could ever know. That’s what think of him. Even though it sounds a little negative, he can’t complain because the benefit of it is so worthy. He can make follow whatever he says. Not that he’s taking advantage of that but having this kind of image makes thing work for you as leader as easy as it can be.

 

Without them even knowing, leader Kris was very pond of s; he even had a mental list of ’s favorite thing. Luhan loves clothes, Xiumin loves bun, Lay loves guitar, Tao love cute things, and Chen the most peculiar one loves to collect angry bird plushies but not just any angry birds, he’s so particular with the one that is a red colored angry bird, and also anything that has number ‘8’ in it.

 

Speaking of Chen out of all s he’s always the quite and weird one. Sometimes he’s quite but sometimes he’s fierce, and even Kris got a little scared when an angry Chen comes out. Kris remembers the time when Chen kicks Luhan on his shin because he saw Luhan hugging one of his number-8-billiard-ball plushies in the living room. Chen asked for it but Luhan really loves to tease around so he won’t budge and hugged the plush toy tighter. Chen got really raged up and kicked Luhan. The latter end up sobbing like a little child then as if on cue, Chen took the opportunity to grab the toy and run towards his room. From that day no one ever tries to get any plush toys insides Chen’s room. But one day when Xiumin and Kris got back from some outdoor errands, they saw Tao hugging Chen’s angry bird plush toys while sitting next to Chen, and they are watching Lion King happily. From that day on, Kris curiosity towards the main vocalist starts to grow everyday. He never fails to notice even the slightest thing Chen’s doing.

 

Everyday he keeps an eye for that small guy that even the other member notices the different kind of treatment that he is showing towards Chen. The members were aware but didn’t complain with the leader’s fondness to Chen. Even how obvious it is, Kris and Chen were both oblivious to their surrounding and the way they treat each other. Chen started to open up to Kris, as Kris starting to realize how beautiful Chen is.

 

One fine morning, everyone decided to throw a party for their 100th days of being idols. EXO-M and EXO-K also decided to make party solely to their respective subgroup. So each of the group have own set of food and overflowing beverages on their dorms. EXO-K started their party earlier in the evening while EXO-M delayed a little because they are waiting for Kris and Chen to arrive with the food they are assigned to fetch. 

 

Meanwhile, Chen and Kris were now in a rush to go back to their dorm. They have tons of plastic and paper bags holding in both of their hands. They were walking as fast they could to get to their dorm in time, though they already aware that they are late.

 

Kris who keeps an eye to Chen notices that the younger had a hard time carrying his load.

 

“Chen could you please hand me those plastics of chickens.” Kris said coolly.

 

“No hyung I can still hold it.” Chen replies with a smile.

 

But Kris is Kris; he won’t take a ‘no’ for an answer. So he snatched the plastics of chickens off Chen’s hand. He successfully got the stuff and smiled. Chen can’t do anything but to say thanks and walk. After a minute of walking Chen feels something uncomfortable between his legs. He ends up walking a little wobbly. Kris of course noticed that.

 

“Is there any problem?” Kris asked trying to suppress a laugh. Seeing Chen walking in an unusual way is definitely a funny sight.

 

“Umm. Hyung. Can we halt a little coz I feel like I need to pee.” Chen asked shyly.

 

They both look around but didn’t saw any place that Chen could take a leak. Chen really looks desperate and that he’s about to wet his pants so Kris keeps looking until he found a part in a corner where there’s a lot of bushes.

 

“Hey Chen! I guess that will do!” Kris says as he points out the isolated and bushy area.

 

Chen eyed the place but still doubts to go there. He stared at the place desperately and turns his glance towards his hyung.

 

“Ok…. But can you please go with me?” Chen pleaded but at the same time feels shy. “I mean can you cover me up while I’m doing my business?” he continued.

 

Kris’ face immediately heats up. He feels like his whole face turns red as tomato. Thanks god it’s still dark so it won’t look so obvious. He cleared his throat before he agreed to cover up Chen.

 

Chen then finished his business successfully and felt relieved. He thanked Kris who just smiles warmly at him in return. They started to pick up their bags when a group of four drunken man approaches them.

 

 “Hey two young fellow. It seems that you got a lot of things in there.” The fat man with a beard says while eyeing their foods.

 

“Mind if we can get some?!” the other guy says who’s so thin that a wind blow can sends him away.

 

“Why would we settle for some when we can have all? Right?” the guy in a sleeveless shirt says while smirking like a mad men

 

All three men from his group agreed and continued to walk closer to them. Kris’ leader instinct kicks in and put Chen on his back trying to cover the young one from these mad men.

 

The thinnest of them all tries to steal the bags away but Kris is much agile than him. So before he could even had a chance to touch the food, Kris already set the plastic away and threw a solid punch on the guy’s poor thin face. The thin man immediately fell of his feet and knocked off. The other three lunged at Kris as they saw their friend being assaulted. Kris is a strong guy but having three opponents is really tough fight. So some of the punches and kicks landed on his effortlessly.

 

Seeing his leader being assaulted by the three goonies, Chen immediately feels fired up and set his bags aside and lunged to one of their assailants. He threw a solid kick on the guy’s face that ends up bleeding unstoppably and runs off holding his bleeding nose. The two remaining guy stood in astonishment after they saw what happened to their another friend. Taking this opportunity Chen and Kris throws a couple of punches and kicks to the remaining stunned assailants. Once the commotion is over Kris felt really awful due to the number of times he was hit.

 

“I never thought you could fight like that!” Kris says to Chen while tending his bleeding lips.

 

“I am no kid duizhang! Of course I can fight! I’m a man you know?” Chen says trying to help the leader to stand up.

 

“If you say so. I am sure that the our friends will find me sissy with all these scratches and bruises while you doesn’t have any.” Kris says smiling bitterly.

 

Chen stared intently at his leader as if something running through his mind. He just stayed like that for about a minute or so. Kris is so much aware with their situation and starting to feel uncomfortable. So he faked a cough before he tried to interrupt Chen with his thought. Before he could even speak, Chen snapped out to reality and start talking.

 

“Wanna know why do I like collecting red angry bird stuff?” Chen asked.

 

Kris was shocked with the sudden question but he immediately reclaim his composure, and nod.

 

“It is because it reminds me of you!” Chen laughs a little after seeing the disbelief look on Kris’ face.

 

“Don’t get it wrong please. Well besides the look that you both shares. You are both looked very determined and strong. You never asked but I’m a big fan of yours. I silently wish that one I would become like you. I wish I could comfort my friends when they’re in need. I wish I could lead them one day and tell them what to do and what to don’t. I know what I’m saying is very unusual but I just want you to realized that no matter what you do or what happened to you I will not even find you sissy or coward. And I am sure they won’t too.” Chen says while looking at his hyung to show his sincerity.

 

Kris can’t even find a word to say so he just continued staring at the young figure standing right infront of him. He never thought that one of his colleagues appreciates and notices him that much. He never thought that Chen would give him at least a time to be observed. Never in his thought that the silent Chen is always there for him. His adoration towards the younger becomes something that he can’t believe it will become.

 

Now, he can finally admit that his heart was already stolen. He’s definitely in love to their main vocalist. He just hoped that Chen feels the same way too.

 

Feeling the intense gazed that Kris is giving him, he starts to feel ashamed because he thinks that Kris might find him weird and whatnot. So he starts to fiddle his fingers and says, “Remember the time you saw me and Tao at the living room. When Tao is holding an angry bird plushies. I gave him those because he feels sad. I told him to imagine that the stuffed toy is you and you are comforting him. Tao immediately stops sobbing and clung to it like it was really you. So I guess you could actually comfort anyone.” Chen continued while looking at his fiddling fingers with a very red blush on his face.

 

Kris can’t contain the sensations so he ends up squealing like a fan girl and threw a bone-crushing hug to poor Chen.

 

“Chen-chen!!! Thank you so much!!!” Kris.

 

That's the day where Kris' Chen-chen was born.

 

a/n : I'm rushing both this and the previous chapter so I haven't even tried to check it yet. So if you ever saw something off (grammar/spelling). Feel free to message me. ^^

Enjoy! + I got a surprise for you all next week!