Suho and D.O

The Ship That Starts To Sail When The Other's Already Sank

One year has passed after the death of their colleagues; Joonmyeon and Jongdae died due to drug overdose. At first, they can’t believe what just happened, and keep sweeping that fact that they lost two of their friends.

 

In an instant their leader just snapped out of frustration and pretentions, and commits suicide. He leaves a message about his undying love to another person who also kills himself after finding out that the man who has the same feelings he has, killed himself for loving him.

 

Life is too complicated for one person to understand what was happening around him. Same thing goes for this group of men who caught themselves in the middle of unexplainable tragedy.

 

Most of them are starting to move one, and live normally. They tried to continue performing even how hurt it feels that they have to fill in some spaces that their lost member left. Their fans never fails to support them even in the midst of sorrow and grieve, up until the time their idols are able to perform again for them.

 

Things are starting to get better. They regained their ability to laugh, to crack some nasty jokes, and to have fun. They always find time to bond with each other to share their happiness, talk about their problems and find solution to it. It is as if they are counseling each other to lift up their spirits, and prevent the unwanted things to happen again.

 

But life is not a movie it is not always a happy ending for everybody. Some pretends that they are fine though deep inside they are still crying and broken. They chose to be like this so they won’t become a burden to other people. They didn’t plan to be like this, its just that some people can’t sweep off the feelings easily. It’s not their choice to feel like this. It’s natural science. Their memory can’t easily forget things or situation as strong as what they have right now.

 

Kyungsoo, one of the persons who still can’t find a way to lessen or get rid of the pain. He keeps reminiscing the past where him and Joonmyeon are so close together. Their bond were as strong as brothers, that no matter how strong the current is they keep standing holding each others hand. It is also not intentional that Kyungsoo develops a feeling more than just a brother towards Joonmyeon.

 

Way back their trainee days up until their debut; Joonmyeon and Kyungsoo never really got a chance to know each other. Truth to be told, they are the last person in the group who get comfortable with each other The leader easily got s trust and love, while Kyungsoo is the one who’s tough and never gave up anything easily especially to their leader whom he finds weird. They started as an awkward acquaintance but end ups to be really close and inseparable.

 

In a one fine snowy day, Kyungsoo and Joonmyeon find their way to destroy the awkward wall that separating them apart. That day, all of them are busy fixing their things, which they left behind after they moved in due to their hectic schedules. Finally, it was their chance to get their personal stuff out from the box into their room, onto their tables, or into their cabinets. Kyungsoo, the most organized one finishes his job earlier compare to others who still busy rummaging through their things. Shaking his head, Kyungsoo decided then to reach out with them and prepare a very delicious lunch. Once he reaches the kitchen, he started to prepare the things he need for his ala first classs lunch meal. He recounts the ingredients he needed to make sure that everything is complete.

 

“Onions, garlic, tomato, celery, broccoli, egg, salt, pepper, oil…” Kyungsoo continues recite each and every thing right infront of his deer eyes. “AH! How can stupid I am. Of course, I need meats!”

 

He searched the refrigerator and found nothing. He then decided to go out and buy some fresh meat to the nearest market. He immediately goes inside their room to get some coats to protect him from cold.

 

“Going somewhere?” Kai, one of the member and his roommate ask.

 

“Yup! Going to buy some meat in the market” Kyungsoo smilingly replies to his friend and head out of the room. He abruptly stops in front of the leader and maknae’s room. He’s contemplating if he needs to inform the leader that he is going out or he’ll just go without saying anything. After a minute of internal argument, he decided to knock the door.

 

“Who’s it?” said the leader.

 

“Hyung… It’s Kyung-soo.” He says awkwardly. Just then the door flew open revealing a smiling leader.

 

“Hey Kyunggie, what do you want?” the leader said cheerily. Kyungsoo shivered by the name his leader used to call him. He shrugged off the feeling immediately and proceed to his purpose.

 

“Umm. I just want to tell you that I’m going out. You know if it’s okay?” He says in a little awkward voice.

 

“Do you want me to go with you?” Joonmyeon says smiling like an idiot.

 

“Ah no!” Kyungsoo’s eyes grew bigger as he waves his hand towards the leader. “I mean I can do it myself. I’ll be back soon, just need to fetch something” He explains to his leader. He didn’t even know the reason, why he needs to explain, but he just feels that he needs to.

 

“Umm. Okay just text me when you need a hand. You know to carry some stuff” Joonmyeon replied awkwardly.

 

“Then. Bye!” Kyungsoo.

 

“Bye” Joonmyeon.

 

Kyungsoo didn’t bother to wait for the leader to leave before he takes off and run out of their dorm. Once he’s outside he smiles and laughs about his signature and twin awkwardness. He shrugged off the ideas he has in mind and continue walking towards the market. Everything that happens inside their dorm easily washed away from his thought as he enjoys himself buying the things that he need. Once everything is complete, he immediately goes to the counter and pay for the bill.

 

He lift his baggage happily as he steps out of the grocery store, but stops and doubt when he sees that the sky is dark.  He ponders a little whether he’ll stay and wait for the sky to clear, or continue to walk going back their dorm. He checks his time and decided that he really needs to go home. It’s getting late and he thinks that his friends were done with their choirs and hungry. He continued to walk going back their dorm when he got a sudden thump on his head.

 

“Ouch!” Kyungsoo yelped. He looked up in the sky to find out that its raining hails. He immediately looks for a shelter to hide but can’t find any. He then decided to run while ignoring the number of hails thumping his head. After he turns in a corner, a hand suddenly pulls him inside the telephone booth.

 

“Ahhh! Let go!” Kyungsoo panicked. He thrashed around trying to get off his captive.  The guys hush him and turn him around to face each other.

 

“Shhh. Kyunggie it’s me Joonmyeon!” Joonmyeon smilingly said to his dongseng. He tries to calm the nervous Kyungsoo by patting the latter’s head.

 

“I thought you are some crazy fangirls or .” Kyungsoo felt relieved as he saw the leader’s face. “And what are you doing here?” he asked suspiciously.

 

“I followed you.” Joonmyeon says while scratching the back of his neck. When he sees the panicked face of Kyungsoo he immediately added, “Hey! Don’t get it wrong. It’s just that after a minute since you left, I heard news about the upcoming hailstorm. And so I decided to go and look for you. Luckily there’s Kai who told me that you go out to the market. Unfortunately, it’s started to hail even before I got there and so I end up hear hoping that you’re still in market when things went wrong.” Joonmyeon explained as he bows his said feeling ashamed that he didn’t continue his search for Kyungsoo.

 

Kyungsoo just stared at him the whole time, then smiles afterwards. Joonmyeon feels happy yet confused seeing Kyungsoo smiling directly at him. He throws a questioning look towards the younger.

 

“I see that you have an umbrella and it looks pretty messed up.” Kyungsoo says while smiling sincerely at Joonmyeon, trying to hide the cloud nine feeling he currently have while thinking about their leader’s concern towards him.

 

Joonmyeon look at the umbrella that was not totally hiding behind his back. He opened it a little and saw the number of holes on it. He took his glanced back at Kyungsoo as they laugh together like an old friend.

 

a/n: I forgot to mention that this chapter as well as the next one is more of a back story.

Also thank you to my subbies.. :)