Found.

Lost + Found.

Teasing rays of light filtered through the thin drapes of Kai's room, bathing the heavily sleeping boy in its heavenly glory in quite an annoying way. He responded by grunting lowly, eyelids gluing shut and body trying to rage quit on itself again so he could fall back asleep. Unfortunately, he seemed unable to, the light becoming a serious danger to his daily sleeping in.

 
In attempts to roll over and block it out with his back, Kai found himself practically pinned down onto his bed by a heavy weight covering his body, making it impossible to move at all. A frown tugged at his plump lips, eyes cracking open just enough for him to see. Vision blurry, he could barely make out anything, head spinning in such a way that it made him see dancing cats behind his eyelids.
 
Cats.
 
Cat.
 
Sehun.
 
The previous day's happenings flooded Kai's muggy and sleepy brain, reminding himself about everything. From the box to the kitten to the fact that the kitten fell asleep on his chest. Of course, his dreams were filled with cats, to the point that you'd think he was a crazy cat lady in her 90s suffering from Alzheimer's.
 
But then it hit him.
 
The weight was on his chest. The cat was on his chest. Did little Sehun literally weigh so much that he couldn't move? Hell no, that kitten was lighter than a feather! Then what the hell was it?
 
Vision finally clearing, Kai pried his eyelids apart slowly, the view of his room opening up at the leisurely action. With a labored yawn and several sleepy blinks, Kai took a nice long look at what was preventing him from moving.
 
And gasped so hard that you'd think he would've swallowed a fly, or better yet a friggin bird, and choked on it.
 
But no, he only stared wide-eyed and slack-jawed at the culprit for his rude wake up call. Thank you Mr. Sun. But that obnoxious light in the sky wasn't the only thing. Oh no, the weight on his chest was becoming far worse than the sunlight leaking onto his body. Or two bodies, to be exact.
 
A head of silky, fluffy brown hair laid cuddled up to Kai, body pressed up against his own as if it belonged there. Though he couldn't move his head too much, Kai could tell that the person wasn't wearing any clothes, milky and unblemished skin open for the world to see. A long, furry appendage sprouted out from the person's tailbone, swaying and twitching in solitude as it slept without a care, face buried into Kai's bare chest. Almost impossible to see against the mushroom of fluff that was the figure's hair sat a pair of velveteen cat ears, twitching lazily.
 
Choking back any screams and fighting the urge to simply fling the boy? Girl? Thing? Off his chest, Kai instead almost hyperventilated as his wide eyes soaked up the scene, brain digesting his situation. There was a part-cat person sleeping on his chest like it belonged there. Kai was partly , awake, and 100% human.
 
So.
 
Looking around in a mental frenzy, Kai's wide eyes darted across everything in the room, and he noticed that something was missing.
 
Sehun.
 
He had the door shut, so the cat certainly hadn't gotten out. Sehun also didn't seem like the sort of kitten who would go under a bed and sleep there, plus the door to his closet was shut. Although it was hard to see over the thing on him, he could tell that Sehun was no longer on the bed.
 
Well damn.
 
Biting his plump lower lip slightly angrily, Kai uncomfortably tried to shift his weight, desperately attempting to remove the sleeping person on him. Wiggling his lower body in his frenzy, he felt something keep rubbing against his upper thigh, making him that much more uncomfortable. It seemed that the person thought the same, beginning to stir the more Kai moved. Suddenly, a sound similar to a meow erupted from its throat, making him freeze right in his place.
 
'Omg is it gonna eat me?! That sounded like a roar! WHAT IF I WAKE IT UP?! Will it eat me?! I DON'T TASTE GOOD OHMYGOD IT'S GONNA EAT ME!'
 
He mentally ranted, mind racing as the creature only woke up more, soft sounds flitting out from between its lips as its head raised, body flexing and relaxing. Its tail erected, fine hairs standing up straight as it yawned, stretching. On Kai.
 
He could only watch with scared eyes, bottom lip quivering in fear and body shaking. The thing rose completely, eyes still shut as its small hands pawed Kai's abdomen, back arching and ears twitching to attention. It yawned again, tail straightening and ribs showing as it did. From its flat chest, Kai figured it was male, and its... youknowwhat that rubbed against Kai's crotch helped support the fact. He blushed, looking the creature up and down in embarrassment as it opened its eyes, cocking its head. A light bell sounded as it did, emitting from the pink and orange collar around its neck.
 
Collar.
 
Sehun's collar.
 
Kai gaped at the band of button-studded pink fabric around the male thing's neck, ignoring the curious look it was giving him. Sure enough, the small tag that read 'Sehun' hung from the collar, the entire object identical to the kitten's.
 
"Ohmygod." Kai breathed out, daring to lock gazes with the creature. As they did, all his thoughts were confirmed. Those were Sehun's eyes. "S-Sehun?" he stammered, still cautious of the cat boy. Earning only a joyous meow in response, the creature basically mauled him, his face in complete euphoria as it swayed its tail, the fluffy object wrapping around Kai's thigh. Kai blushed harder, trying to gently push Sehun? away. No, that was definitely Sehun. No doubts there.
 
Successfully pushing Sehun away, Kai inspected the boy in interest, wondering how the human on him was possibly the noisy kitten from the day before. This person was oddly silent, with petite features and milky skin, a fluffy head of mousy hair framing his thin face. And god, was he cute. The way he looked down at Kai with those chocolatey, sparkling eyes was enough to make him melt.
 
"W-well..." he began, still awkward. "Maybe we should... get you some clothes!"
 
≈ •  * • ≈
 
'God this is awkward.'
 
That single thought kept replaying in Kai's mind as he held Sehun's small hand in his, walking the boy down the busy streets of the Seoul shopping district. He had found a pair of jeans and a shirt that were slightly too small for him, and they still hung off Sehun like unfitted bags, along with a beanie to hide the boy's cat ears. Although it had been a struggle, he was able to coax the cat boy into letting him fit Sehun's tail into the leg of his pants, so that nobody could see it. Because quite frankly, nobody would take the fact that Sehun was a cat-human very well.
 
Of course, Kai was hellbent on keeping Sehun, be him cat or human or both, so why not get him some things for home? Kai had some money to blow since his parents had just sent him his yearly 'gift' for being so 'successful' (they just sent him an obscenely large check for him getting into a sickeningly nice dance school), and what better way than on little Sehun? The boy had no clothes of his own, or even his own things. And if he was planning on staying human, he certainly needed some stuff for the apartment.
 
It was odd though, no matter how much Kai talked to him, Sehun wouldn't say anything. Well, not in Korean. He does meow, but no talking. That made shopping with him a little awkward, but Sehun made sure to cling to Kai as to not get lost.
 
In truth, Kai just wanted to smother himself all over little Sehun, but that's considered a PDA and he certainly didn't want to get a ticket of any sort with the amount of money he was about to blow on the cat boy.
 
And as the day went on, more and more and MORE of poor Kai's money flew out the window, spent on anything from bubble tea (which Sehun apparently loves) to clothing to little trinkets. And of course, Kai held all the bags while Sehun dragged him into each store, meowing and spazzing at every cute thing he found. It was quite endearing to be honest, but as Kai's bank depleted into dust and pennies, the taller boy just wanted to smash his head against a brick wall. 
 
'Kyungsoo and Alice will kill me...' he thought sadly, imagining the blonde and the ravenette scolding him for spending all his money on a... Cat? Boy? God, he didn't even know! And that was a whole different thing, how would he explain the fact that he now owns a part cat part boy named Sehun that he found in a box, who happens to not speak, but instead meows and purrs like a cat. Welp. That was believable. He could imagine it right then, the AliSoo and BaekTao couples laughing at poor Kai like he was a nutcase while said boy sulked like a teenage girl.
 
There were a couple upsides though. See, Kai is a third wheel. To the touchy, smoochy, very open BaekTao couple and to the sweet, caring, and very sappy AliSoo couple. And when the two couples were together with him, he was a fifth wheel. ing fifth wheel that was stuck on the couch. eating chocolate like an emotional middle-aged woman while the other four smothered themselves all over each other. It . But with Sehun... Sehun could pass for a boyfriend, right? Screw the fact that he couldn't talk, the boy was cute and available! Plus he seemed to like Kai quite a lot, so pfft. Whatever.
 
With a new thought in mind, Kai continued to shop with the hyperactive kitten boy for the rest of the day, smiling to no end.
 
'This can end well!'
 

≈ •  * • ≈

 
"Alright, sit here and don't leave, okay?" Kai smiled at Sehun, patting the boy's head lovingly. Sehun meowed and nodded, plopping himself down on the modern-looking couch in the lobby of Kai's dance studio. With a sweet smile, he waved to the little cat boy before setting off on his way, a skip in his step.
 
The thought of leaving Sehun alone in his apartment was wary in Kai's mind, so he resorted to just bringing the younger to dance classes with him. He seemed obidiant in public, so he'd be fine for a few hours, right? Plus then he could let Alice and Baekhyun meet Sehun! Those two were painfully chatty, but would they really try to pry words out of Sehun? If they didn't, the whole human-cat-Sehun thing could be kept secret! If not... Well. They'd just call Kai crazy.
 
'Eh, I'll just tell them that Sehun is really sick and can't talk for the time being! That's believable, right?' Kai smiled to himself, nodding I'm agreement to his own stupid question. 
 
'Of course it is!'
 

≈ •  * • ≈

 
"Ah, Alice, Baekhyun! This is Sehun!" Kai smiled, motioning to Sehun, who was busy fishing through Kai's bag to find the older's phone, the two gasping and squealing upon seeing the cat boy.
 
"OMG he's so cuuuuute!" Alice giggled, clapping her hands like an excited seal. Baekhyun joined in on her fangirling, jumping up and down as he let out a rant of illegible words, making Kai laugh somewhat uneasily. Suddenly, Alice reached out and grabbed Sehun's wrist, dragging him closer to her and shaking his tiny hand in hers.
 
"I'm Alice! And omg you're adorable! Can I call you Hunnie? You're just sooo cute! I knew that Kai said he scored, but this is so not what I expected! You're so adorable that I just wanna eat you up! Aigoooo!" she sped off her words, Baekhyun butting in and grabbing Sehun's other hand while mimicking Alice's actions.
 
"I'm Baekhyun! AKA the eyeliner god? I'm sure Kai has told you about me, right?!" Sehun looked at the two with saucer-wide eyes, Kai immediately stepping in as he saw that they were trying to make him talk.
 
"He has a really sore throat right now, so he can't talk-"
 
"You can call me Hunnie! I don't mind! Nice to meet you too, by the way!" Sehun answered in flawless Korean, his s somewhat lisped as he spoke. He flashed an endearing smile at the two while Kai just stood there, completely awestruck. His expression resembled that of someone who was just told that their goldfish sprouted wings and flew to China, chocolatey eyes wide and jaw slacked.
 
Sehun grinned again, pulling Kai into a hug before kissing his cheek, making Alice and Baekhyun explode in giggles.
 
"Can we go out for bubble tea with Alice-noona and Baekkie-hyung? Pleeaaase?" he singsonged, swaying back and forth and taking the dumbfounded Kai along with him.
 
"A-ah n-neh!"
 
'He can talk?!'
 

≈ •  * • ≈

 
"Your friends are nice, Jonginnie~" Sehun sang as he plopped down on the couch, collar jingling as he hit the cushioned surface. Kai followed suit, sitting down next to Sehun and falling oddly silent. Noticing the quiet, Sehun glanced over at Kai, pouting.
 
"Yah, what's wrong?"
 
"... Y-you talk."
 
"I do."
 
Silence.
 
"... Why? Why didn't you talk before?! I thought you didn't even understand Korean! How are you talking?!" Kai ranted off, looking shaken up. Sehun locked gazes with the older, a cutely evil grin plastered on his face as his ears stood up, twitching.
 
"I wanted to surprise you! If I started talking right away, it wouldn't be as fun~" the younger giggled, wrapping an arm around Kai. "Plus... We're dating, aren't we? You can't be mad at me~" Kai's body stiffened, recalling his words from earlier that day.
 
'I got a boyfriend, guys! Can you believe it?!'
 
And then Sehun's own words after both Alice and Baekhyun had so kindly pointed out the fact that Kai had said they were dating.
 
'Right! He's my Jongie~ we can go on triple dates then!'
 
He sure went along with it.
 
Not that Kai cared, really, now that Sehun was a mostly human that could talk, the idea of dating him seemed quite appealing. Plus that meant no more fifth wheel Jongin! Stupid fifth wheel Jongin who always resorted to sulking on the couch, sometimes even sneaking into Alice and D.O's wine to make himself feel less lonely.
 
"So... What do couples do?" Sehun piped up, snapping Kai out of his thoughtful trance. He looked over at the younger, who had scooted closer, chuckling somewhat awkwardly before leaning in, pressing a chaste kiss on Sehun's small nose.
 
"Well, they talk, share dreams, eat together, hug, support each other, stay up late, snuggle, and most importantly," he paused as he pulled Sehun closer to him, wrapping his arms around the thin boy. "Love each other."
 

≈ •  * • ≈

 
Days passed, turning into weeks as weeks turned into months, and finally the weeks multiplied to months. And with each minute that flew by, the relationship between the kitten and boy only blossoming into a painfully sappy love. Not a day would go by without gentle caresses, chaste kisses, warm hugs, and cuddling between the two.
 
Sehun was a pain in the sometimes, but Kai couldn't help but just worship the little ball of fluff and puff, fawning over the younger. And although Kai was a lazy dog that would rather become one with the couch rather than be busy all day, Sehun loved that lump more than anything else.
 
But there was something else.
 
"Sehun..." Kai began, looking down at the boy resting his head in his lap, the latter perking up as he looked back.
 
"Yeah?"
 
"... Why did your old owners get rid of you?"
 
There was a silence. Sehun bit his lip, looking around and setting his eyes on the ceiling like it was the most interesting thing. Kai raised an eyebrow, already sensing something was wrong.
 
Minutes passed in utter silence until the vibrating of Kai's phone broke the quiet, Sehun's eyes shooting to it immediately. Kai picked it up, flipping the not-so-smart phone open and staring at the text he received.
 
'From Kyungsoo:
 
JONGIN! My bird went missing! The little canary! There's just a bunch of yellow feathers left!'
 
Kai stared at it before slowly switching his gaze to Sehun, who looked guilty. Without words he gently pried Sehun's lips apart, fingers fishing around inside the younger's mouth for something. The pale boy squirmed, trying to swat Kai's hand away only to fail. With a determined look on his face, the older finally withdrew his fingers, a wet object sandwiched between them. A yellow feather.
 
He dead panned, staring Sehun down as he held the feather. The younger grinned guiltily, as if trying to charm Kai with his smile so he wouldn't get in trouble. The tan boy only sighed, rubbing the bridge of his nose.
 
"I was hungry...-"
 
"Just... Shut up, Hunnie."
 
"But-!"
 
Kai quickly silenced Sehun with a kiss, plush lips fitting against the other's thinner ones perfectly. From the gentle act, Sehun immediately assumed he was off the hook, grinning inwardly with the thought of success in his mind. But suddenly, Kai withdrew, making Sehun pout.
 
"You're going to go apologize to hyung, Hunnie."
 
"Aww! But Jongie-"
 
"Yep."
 
"Noooo~"
 
"Then no tuna for you for a week."
 
"That's not THAT bad!-"
 
"And no y time."
 
Silence.
 
"... Meanie."
 
{{ Le fin. }}
 
{{ A/N }}
 
Awww no y time for Sehun! ;^; That's what he gets for eating umma's birdy lolololol otl
Oh! You're probably wondering WHY I had to put AliSoo and BaekTao in there! Why? Because I have a thing for AliSoo and BaekTao is pure love.
Sorry for the late update! ;n; I've been so busy lately and just ugh it . My school year starts on tuesday. 8th grade here I come~ T^T But here is your belated update!