Lost.

Lost + Found.

 

The rain pelted down like bullets from the thick, monochrome clouds, urging everyone unlucky enough to be caught in the downpour to flee inside. Running through the busy, crowded street with his hood pulled up and shoulders hunched in attempts to lessen the chilling rain, Kai dodged all the hurrying bodies nimbly even though his eyes were almost completely shut. A skill of a talented dancer, really. 
 
With his eyes downcast, he continued to sprint until his hammering heart begged him to slow down, skidding to a rushed walk and sending splashes of water up into the air. He panted, shaking his head and wiping at the rain that blurred his vision, accidentally blindly stumbling in his struggle. The toe of his shoe colliding against a hard object, a short exclamation managed to escape as he jerked forwards, body eventually sent crashing to the ground. Hitting the hard, damp pavement, Kai let out a pained groan, rubbing his tailbone as he winced.
 
Through squinted eyes, he made out the faint blur of a tan object, most likely the culprit of his fall. He scowled, kicking it in a small fit of rage as he started to stand up. It proved to be a box of some sort, soaked soft by the rain. But as Kai kicked it, the box jostled on it's own, making the young man jump, scooting back.
 
"What the...?" he trailed off, brow knitting as he stared at it. The box didn't move anymore, staying perfectly still as fat raindrops bore down on it. Kai cocked his head, daring to inch closer, leaning forwards as he shifted his weight onto his heels. Reaching out boldly, he outstretched his fingers before drawing them back again, biting his lip as he mentally fought with himself.
 
Eventually, his curiosity beat out his fear, both hands prying away the lid of the box. He peered into it, kneeling as he stooped over the soaked object. His eyes widened a little at what he found to be the culprit of the movement inside the box.
 
A tiny kitten, cream with brown speckles, crawled around aimlessly at the bottom of the box, mewling out sadly as it pawed at the soaked cardboard. It was completely drenched in the rainwater, hair sticking up in a slightly comical way and tail swaying to and fro.
 
"A... cat?" Kai mumbled, looking down at the suffering animal. He had always been fond of cats, ever since his sister had brought one home when they were kids. They were cute, fluffy, huggable, and just flat out adorable!
 
Upon establishing the pros of a cat, Kai reached inside the box, taking the floundering kitten gingerly in both hands, standing up as he tucked the wiggling animal into his sweatshirt. Its fluffed head stuck out from the collar of the pullover sweatshirt, pressed against Kai's neck snugly as it continued to wiggle like a mouse caught by a cat. Kai merely giggled at the ticklish feeling of the kitten's fur rubbing against his skin, heading towards the bus stop with a new spring in his step.
 
≈    ≈
 
"There! You're all dry now!"
 
Kai smiled at the slightly irritated puffball on the bathroom counter, the small creature's eyes locked on the hair dryer next to it- the reason for its fluffy state. The glint of annoyance in the kitten's eyes just made Kai giggle more, scooping the cat into his arms and almost bouncing up and down in childish joy. Meowing in surprise, the kitten latched its claws onto Kai's sweatshirt, collar jingling obnoxiously as the young adult practically bounded out of the bathroom and into the sitting room of his apartment.
 
Setting the shaken-up kitten on the couch, Kai started to run to the kitchen before stopping abruptly, pointing a finger at the clueless creature.
 
"Stay there, okay? I'll be back in a second!" he winked, running off into the kitchen seconds later. The kitten merely stared at the blank TV screen, a look that of a stoner plastered on its face. Spotting the remote it assumed belonged to the TV, it started pawing at the buttons, numbly kneading practically every one. When nothing happened to the screen, it proceeded to hit the buttons harder, tiny paws pressing against the rubbery objects actively.
 
Suddenly though, it stopped. Its ears perked up, nose twitching as its eyes shot over to the kitchen.
 
"C'mere, kitty!" Kai smiled as he crouched in the doorway of the kitchen, an open can in his hands and a charming eye smile stuck on his face. The kitten meowed happily, clumsily scrambling off the couch and scampering across the shiny hardwood floor. It slid all the while, constantly stumbling over its own feet in a rush to reach Kai. Or more specifically, what Kai was holding.
 
Without warning, it pounced on the can, bringing it to the floor along with itself. Nose buried in the contents of the can, it purred out happily as its tail flicked back and forth, eyelids shut in pure joy. Kai giggled at the indulging kitten, petting between its velvety ears.
 
"Ah, I knew you'd like it! Frankly, tuna isn't my thing..." Kai trailed off, scratching behind the kitten's ears. "Why did I even have it then...? Aish, never mind!" he shook his head, laughing. Just as he began to the cat's back, he took notice of the band of pink and orange around its neck, standing out like a spider on a white wall.
 
'A... collar?'
 
He gingerly felt under the kitten's neck for a tag that could possibly be attached to it, wondering if- with the possibility of the tag being there- it had a name. Or even an owner.
 
Fingers stumbling over the tag, Kai gently spun it to face him, eyes squinting to make out the engraved letters.
 
"Se... hun?"
 
Kai paused for a second, mind processing that there was only a name. No owner. And damn, was it an adorable name! Truthfully, Kai wanted to name it Mr. Fluffybutt, but NEVER will he admit that. It's just a tad too embarrassing.
 
Laughing as he plucked the kitten up off the ground and away from the tin of tuna, Kai peeked at its underbelly before nodding to himself and cradling the kitten. Who, mind you, was definitely a male.
 
"Sehun? That's such a cute name! It fits you perfectly!" Kai giggled childishly, scratching behind the brown kitten's ears as it purred eratically. The collar around his neck jingled at the motion, the metal tag imprinted with 'Sehun' clinking against the button-dotted pink collar.
 
"I'm just going to have to keep you, won't I?"
 

≈    ≈

 
Flipping off the lights inside his apartment, Kai gently carried Sehun in the crook of his arm as he walked to his room, exhausted from how much he had played with the hyperactive kitten. Sehun had already passed out, head nodding to the side as Kai set him down on his bed, heading for his closet. Pulling off his shirt, he tossed it to the side and started digging around for a shirt and pants. He began undoing the button on his close-to suffocating jeans, snagging Sehun's attention.
 
The kitten's ears perked up, eyes glued on the band of navy peeking out from the jeans that were being shimmied off. Tail swaying, it keenly watched Kai finish getting off his pants, eyes twinkling mischievously as the young man struggled to pull out a pair of sweatpants he found. Aware of the fact that if Kai looked back and saw him staring thar wouldn't end all too well, he shook his head and returned to his sleeping position.
 
Finally dressed {that pair of pants was seriously stuck. }, Kai let out a relieved sigh as he crawled into bed, melting into the soft white sheets. They were always so welcoming, especially after a long day, like that day had been. It seemed like Sehun liked them too, burying himself in a cocoon of the blankets. But as Kai settled himself, face upturned to the ceiling, Sehun picked himself up, teetering over to his new owner with wobbly legs. He crawled onto Kai's chest, nose buried into the young man's shirt lovingly. Kai chuckled, patting Sehun's head lightly.
 
"Good night, Sehunnie..."
 

≈    ≈

 
Oh yeah! Part one is FINALLY posted! TuT I hope it didn't disappoint!
 
HOLY. I GOT SO MANY SUBS FROM JUST A FOREWORD. OuO you guys are FABULOUS! <3 all your support is absolutely wonderful! IT MAKES ME FEEL SPECIAL. */bricked*
 
Oh Hunnie. Tsk tsk. You're such a creeper. Creeping on a half- Kai? Pffft. YOU SO NASTAY. >///<
 
So stay tuned for part 2! */blows kisses*