Sooyoung's Boyfriend

Ace Family One Shots and more
Please log in to read the full chapter

I can't sleep. I've been trying to sleep for the past 30 minutes now, thrashing and rolling around on my bed. Seohyun is sleeping soundly on her bed. How can she sleep so soundly? Oh, right. The love of her life is not on a date with some guy you and your members hardly know. I should stop saying that. Love of my life. I'm dating Kim Joonhyung now. I should stop referring to Choi Sooyoung as the love of my life. That's like cheating on my boyfriend or something, right?

 

"Aish! I can't take this!" Maybe a glass of milk will calm me down. I got up from bed and as I stepped to the living room, I saw her sleeping on Jung Kyungho's lap. Could this night be any more worse?

 

"Oh, good evening." The guy I don't really want to talk to greeted.

 

"Good evening. Just getting some milk. Do you want anything? Milk? Water? Beer?" I said that a little too fast. It's against my will that I'm speaking with this guy and even offering him drinks but my parents taught me to be polite to people. So yeah.

 

"Water would be fine." He said with a smile.

 

I went to the fridge and got him the water while I got myself a can of beer. After what I saw, I think the beer's a little more appropriate. I walked to him and handed him the bottle of water quickly and headed to my room.

 

"Hyoyeon-ssi?" He called for me. What the hell does he want from me?

 

I turned to him with a fake smile on my face. "Yes? Do you need something else, Kyungho-ssi?"

 

"Can I talk to you?" He asked politely. I'm curious as to what he wants to talk to me about. I hardly know him.

 

"Sure." I sat on another couch. "What about?"

 

"Ugh. Can you help me settle her down on the sofa before we talk?" He asked me. I got a pillow and he laid Sooyoung's head over it.

 

"So what did you want to talk about?" I asked as he settled down on the couch across me.

 

"Do you love her?" He asked suddenly.

 

"I'm sorry, what?" I asked, pretending I didn't understand what he said.

 

"Do you love Sooyoung?" He asked then looked at me. I averted his eyes and looked at Sooyoung instead. She was sleeping with a pout. How I wish I could kiss her pout away. Just like the old times.

 

Jung Kyungho's chuckled caused me to look at him.

 

"I always thought you  two had something special." He said with a sad smile.

 

"I realized it when I saw how she looked at you when she introduced me to you. Like she was so proud. Like she was introducing her girlfriend to me. For a moment I envied you because I know she'll never feel the same way about me."

 

I didn't know what to say. This guy who I hardly know is telling me Sooyoung loves me. I must be dreaming.

 

"I love her but I know that she'd be happier if it were you. I don't know what you feel about her but if you do love her too, please, take care of her. Sooyoung has been a good friend and she's such a good person. I don't want her regretting anything by settling for less than what she wants. She'd be happier with you."

 

"But she doesn't want me. She told me we can't." I said, my brows furrowed.

 

"Sometimes people say and do things they don't mean."

 

----

"Thank you." I said to Kyungho as I walk him to the door.

 

"Good luck, Hyoyeon-ssi. I look forward to meeting you again someday. Maybe on yours and Sooyoung's wedding?" He said with a smile as he shook my hand. I smiled to him and waved goodbye.

 

After what seems to be the most weirdly enlightening talk with Sooyoung's admirer, I found myself sending Joonhyung a message:

 

To Joonhyun oppa: We need to talk. Are you free tomorrow?

 

My phone lighted up indicating that I had a message. That was fast:

 

From Joonhyun

Please log in to read the full chapter