he, you and his cousin in a date

Stay away!

You had a date and it was today. You would meet your boyfriend in the cinema at 4 pm. You always looked forward to it because it had been a long time you didn’t see him. You admitted it that you missed him. You both were busy studying and working, so you had no time to meet each other. He said to you that he would meet you in front of a popcorn counter near theatre 4. After you got off the bus, it was almost 4 pm, you rushed to the cinema’s door and ran to the elevator. You checked your watch many times. You were probably late. You didn’t want to make him wait.

As you have expected, he was waiting for you in front of a popcorn counter. He wore his black X-Man t-shirt. He saw you and he instantly smiled.

“I’m sorry! Am I late?” you said after reached him. You were bit out of breath.

Luhan shook his head and gave you a smile, a smile that you always loved. Seeing he smiles always made you felt butterflies in your stomach. “Don’t worry. We won’t be late to watch the movie.” He said. He showed you tickets in his hand. You nodded and smiled back at him. You were about to ask why you both were still standing here as someone approached you with popcorns. You turned around and found an expressionless tall young boy standing beside you. He looked at you, still no expression on his face. Who’s this boy? You blinked your eyes.

“Sehunnie!”Luhan called the boy.

Oh, he knows him? You thought. Is he his friend?

Luhan smiled brightly. He looked cheerful as always. “Sehunnie, introduce yourself to her!” he pointed at you, still smiling.

That expressionless boy nodded obediently. He looked at you, changed his expression to a bright one, and then bowed. “Annyeonghaseyo. I’m Sehun.”

You just blinked. Before you could ask something, Luhan cut you off. “He’s my cousin.” He said. “He has free time today so I asked him to join us.” he giggled and patted Sehun’s shoulder. His cousin just smiled shyly.

Although you didn’t really love that idea, that his cousin came along, it was okay. His cousin looked nice though. He’s good-looking, just like Luhan. He looked like Luhan but Luhan told you that Sehun is 4 years younger than him. You thought that Luhan did have that baby face. So, Sehun is two years younger than me? You thought. Maybe we can get along well very fast.

“Would you like to have anything beside pop-corn?”Luhan asked you. You looked at the other counters and then juice counter caught your attention. You turned around to face Luhan and you pointed at the counter.

“I’d like to have an apple juice.” You said shyly, rubbing the back of your head. Luhan just smiled at you.

“Wait here. I’ll be back.” He said. He looked at his cousin. “Sehunnie, be nice to your Noona.” He said before leaving.

You giggled. Noona, you thought about what Luhan said. You found it weird that you would be Sehun’s real Noona someday. That fact made you giggling like an idiot.

“Huh, weird girl.”

You stopped giggling and were dumbfounded. Hey, who said that? That voice was so clear and familiar. You turned around and saw Sehun glaring at you. You blinked many times. What is this boy doing?

“Pardon?”

“You, you are a weird girl.” He emphasized every single word and in an informal language.

What? You couldn’t believe your ears. Did this boy say those words? You wanted to make sure your ears working normally. Sehun still plastered a cold expression as he stared at you.

“Giggling like an insane.Weird girl. Nothing’s funny here.”

Oh, he said those words. Oh, no. This boy is actually an evil.

“Who do you think you are, huh? Ordering my Hyung around.” He looked annoyed. He looked at Luhan who was standing in a line in front of the juice counter, waiting his order. You widened your eyes in shock. What did he say?

“I’m not ordering him around!” you replied.

“Liar. You told him you wanted an apple juice and then he left to get one for you. Why did you use him to get what you want, huh?” that boy said in cold tone.

You were dumbfounded. What is this boy saying? He had many bad thoughts, you thought. You were about to say some words and he cut you off.

“How could you be with my Hyung?”

“I’m sorry?”

“You, how could you be with my Hyung?” he asked again, emphasizing every word, still in informal and annoying voice.

“Uh…”

“You’re not pretty though. You’re weird, you’re short, you’re not friendly, you’re not nice and you look so annoying.”

“I am what?”

“Stay away from my Hyung.” He glared at you.

Oh, this kid. He would die soon.

“Hey, we can go now.” Luhan appeared suddenly with a glass of apple juice. He gave Sehun the tickets in his other hand. “Sehunnie, you go first.”

Sehun, unbelievingly, smiled brightly to his Hyung and nodded like a little boy as he took the tickets. He walked into the theatre 4. You were dumbfounded. You turned around and faced Luhan. He stared at you, smiling.

“Tell me,” you looked at Luhanintently,”Am I not pretty? Am I weird? Am I short? Am I not friendly? Am I not nice? Do I look annoying?” you gave him many questions. He blinked in confusion. You needed to know, are that boy’s words true? Yes, you needed to know. You hoped that all that he said were not true, at all.

“What are you talking about?”Luhan responded and laughed.

He doesn’t get it, you thought. Well, you said it too fast. You sighed. “Just forget it.”

He looked at you gently and held your hand. “Come on. We can’t be late for the movie.”

Because of Luhan, you could forget your problem with his cousin a bit.

 

 

Sehun has found your seats. They were in the middle and far from the screen. Sehun let Luhan walking first to your seats and when he saw you, he blocked your way so you couldn’t follow his Hyung. You opened your mouth in shock because of his action. He just stared at you expressionless. I’m really going to kill you, boy, you mumbled.Luhan has sit down on the seat. Sehun, once again, didn’t let you sitting next to Luhan. So the composition was, from right to left, Luhan, Sehun and you. You glared angrily at Sehun but he probably didn’t see it because the lamps were being turned off. You grumbled in your seat.

The movie was an action movie. Luhan was immersed in it and he forgot about you. He didn’t know that you had a ‘war’ with an evil boy sitting next to you. Actually you wanted to forget Sehun’s rude actions for a while, you wanted to enjoy the movie. But Sehun ruined everything. You were peacefully watching the movie and eating your popcorns as he also ate your popcorns quickly. And then you found all your popcorns gone. You turned around and saw him pretending to be immersed in the movie. Bad boy.

“Yah, you ate my popcorns!” you gritted your teeth and whispered to him.

“I think I hear voices.” He mumbled foolishly.

You frowned, clearly annoyed. Next thing he did to you was he stepped on your foot. You glared at him angrily and he glared back at you. You stepped on his foot and he did the same. Although your foot hurt, you didn’t stop to step on his. Your duel ended up with a kick to the seat in front of you both. That owner of the seat turned around and by the light from the movie, he gave you both a death glare. You and Sehun gulped and went silent.

The movie was finished. You, Luhan and Sehun headed out the theatre. You saw Luhan and Sehun talking enthusiastically about the movie and seemed like they have forgotten about you. You saw Sehun put a hand around Luhan’s shoulder. Uh, Luhan leaves me, you thought. Your heart ached knowing that Sehunhas succeeded to separate you with Luhan. You walked slowly behind them and seconds later you saw Luhan turning around, and smiling at you. He let out his hand. You ran after him, took his hand and you both locked hands. Behind Luhan’s back, you made a mehrong face to Sehun. Sehun rolled his eyes and looked irritated. At least you felt you won this time.

 

 

“Where do you want to go, Hyung?” Sehun asked Luhan cheerfully, pushing you aside and made Luhan let go of your hand. You sneered at him. That boy did have double personalities.He is so cruel. How could he be so different to me? You thought.

“Photo box will be good.” Luhan pointed at a cameras and photographs shop near the cinema.

“Okay then!”Sehun gave Luhan a thumb.

You three then went to the shop. You all decided to take photos in four shoots and the photos would be printed double. In the end you would have eight photos. You three walked to the box and entered it. The box was bit small though. It was hard to tall boys like Luhan and Sehun to get into it. And there was another problem.

“You. Move. I will sit next to Hyung.” Sehun said to you coldly. You rolled your eyes.

“But I want to sit next to him too!” You answered him.Luhan stared at you both in confusion. Sehun glared at you.

“No, get out!”

“No!”

Here you go again. You and Sehun pushed each other’s body. You also pushed his face and he did the same, again. Luhan who was sitting between you both just laughed hard. You and Sehunwere still pushing each other and didn’t realize that the automatic camera was ready. Four shoots have been taken. Luhan laughed like a crazy as he saw the photos.

“This is super hilarious!” he commented as he still laughed. Both you and Sehun just frowned, seeing your ‘beautiful’ expressions in the photos. You both looked weird in the photos while Luhan looked happy laughing and clapping like a little kid between both of you. Uh, you hated those photos. But Luhan gave you two, as well as he gave Sehun. He saved four for himself. He said he had to save those hilarious expressions of both of you and Sehun. You sighed. You glanced at Sehun and he looked annoyed as well.

 

 

You wanted to buy you all muffins. But Sehun didn’t want just muffins. He told his Hyung he wanted a big chocolate cake. You rolled your eyes at that time when Luhan said he would buy it for him. Sehun clapped happily. You shook your head when Luhan said he would go the cake shop. You said you would go instead. You went to the cake shop and left Luhan with Sehun outside. Sehun looked at you who were walking to the shop and then he looked at his Hyung who was looking at you. He raised eyebrows.

“Why are you with her, Hyung?” he asked innocently.

Luhan looked at Sehun. “What?”

“Why are you with her?” Sehun pointed at you who were busy picking muffins. “Why don’t you pick other girl as your girlfriend?”

“Why are you asking that?” Luhan asked back.

Sehun sighed. “She’s not pretty though. She’s completely annoying. She’s also weird.” He told his Hyung. Luhan just laughed slightly.Sehun got confused. “Do you have reasons why you’re with her?”

“Reasons?”

“Yeah, why do you want to be with her? If I were you, I would leave her as soon as possible.” He said honestly. Luhan laughed once again.

“Yah Sehunnie, I don’t have any specific reasons.” He said, still laughing.

Sehun blinked. “So?”

“I love her because she is she. Got it?”

Sehun gaped at his Hyung. He didn’t get it. He shook his head. His Hyung smiled simply.

“She unknowingly becomes the reason why I’m happy. I love her, that’s all that I can say.”

It didn’t explain much to Sehun, but he finally understood. Luhan just smiled at him and then he waved at you who were at the cashier. You waved back at him and looked so happy. Sehun took a note. No need reasons to love someone, huh?

 

 

Luhan and Sehun walked you home. Before going home, you three bought bubble tea. You found Sehun less talk this time and you felt weird. He didn’t glare at you or push you in case he would be always next to his Hyung. He’s being a good kid. He just listened to the conversation between you and Luhan, without any protests. You felt strange with his changing. He had been an evil kid all day and now he was a good kid. Strange.

“So, we’re leaving.” Luhan said to you. You smiled weakly. Today was great you could have a date with him (although an evil boy tried to ruin it). You didn’t know when you both could go for next date.Luhan glanced at his cousin. Sehun looked down at his shoes. “Do you want to say something, Sehunnie?”

That annoying expressionless boy nodded and looked up at you. You raised an eyebrow. You’re surprised to find him bowing and saying,”We’re leaving, Noona.” He said in formal language. You widened your eyes. Luhan told him to walk first to the bus stop. Sehun nodded once again before left.

“Wow, what did you do to him?” you asked Luhan, surprised.

“Did I do something?” He chuckled.

“I think he doesn’t like me. He’s so rude to me before.” you mumbled, seeingSehun’s back.

“Oh, really?” he said. “He’s always a good kid, you know.”

You rolled your eyes. Always a good kid?Oh, dear. “You know, you treat him like he’s a five year-old boy.” You told him.

“He’s the maknae in our family,” Luhan replied. “I always give everythingSehun wants.”

That makes him becoming a spoiled child, you thought.

“He doesn’t let me around you.” you said. “He himself just wants to be the only one who is close to you. It feels like I’m going to steal you from him and he doesn’t want it.” you added, irritated.

Luhan chuckled. “Don’t be mad. He’s always like that. He has eleven cousins, including me, and I’m his favorite.” He smiled widely.

You widened your eyes in shock. “E-eleven?”

Luhan just nodded and smiled seeing your expression. “And I have no little brother, so I think of him as a real one. That’s why we look so close. Till now I’m still his favorite Hyung.”

That’s why he’s overprotective about his Hyung, you thought.Luhan is his favorite. But he’s too overprotective. You didn’t like it. Sehun looked nice if he’s being a good boy, but he still had that expressionless face except when Luhan’s around him. He’s like showing his good side only to his favorite Hyung. You’re the one who is weird, boy, you thought.

“Don’t worry. He likes you though. He called you Noona, didn’t he?” Luhan chuckled.

You just smiled. Probably he doesn’t hate me that much, you thought again. Hope he didn’t get the feeling anymore that you would steal his favorite Hyung away. You and Luhan turned around as you both heardSehun shouting from the bus stop, saying that the bus is coming. Luhan hurriedly glanced at you. He gave you aquick tight hugbefore running to the bus stop. You’re frozen at his sudden action.

“I’ll see you later!” he turned around while running, waved at you.

You smiled widely with redden cheeks and waved back at him. “See you!”

You couldn’t help but wait to meet him again.You were not sure he would introduce his other cousins or not. But hopefully his other cousins wouldn’t ask you to stay away from him just like Sehun did. You hoped his other cousins nicer than that boy. You nodded to yourself. When you headed in your room, you felt your phone vibrated. You looked at the screen. There was a new message. Hey, it’s from Luhan. You quickly opened it.

You’re not my Noona. Don’t think you’ve won. Stay away from my Hyung.

O-oh, no.

You’ll die, Sehun!

 

 

 

Fin

August 5th 2012