3. Silence

WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT

p/s: so this is sort of Kyuhyun pov...I don't know...

 

<< CHAPTER 3 >>

 

‘We have to wait for few days to see the result and the doctors told us it wouldn’t be that bad since it was just a mere concussion.’

 That was what the doctor said to us and ever since then until we’re on our way back to dorm hyung refuse to talk to any of us, even to me and that’s worries me a lot. I can completely understand what he feels and if I’m at his place I would go crazy. A singer like us, especially hyung as our lead vocal, who need to hear our own voice to sing at the right pitch, who wouldn’t be scared and depress. So, we decided not to force or ask anything. Besides, the doctor said himself it wouldn’t be that bad. So I hope the result come out with nothing bad.

 

Teukie hyung shoved me out from hyung’s room, and then he quietly called us to gather at the living room once he walked out from hyung’s bedroom gesturing that hyung is asleeo.  All of us were sitting together when Teukie hyung started talking; slowly, almost whispering obviously not to disturb our sensitive lead vocal.  

 

As few minutes passed, I felt weird. I was thinking, do we really need to talk that slow? I mean, apparently hyung can’t hear anything so why should we talk that slow? They seem forgot about that new fact. But, I can’t bring myself to remind them about that.  Our crybabies would be crying like crazy and the members would be staring or maybe glaring at me if I said, ‘Hyung, stop talking that slow. Yesung hyung can’t hear us, remember?’ I shouldn’t say that right?

 

Yeah, I shouldn’t.  So after that, we continued our so-called discussion. Opps sorry, it WAS a discussion. A really serious one we ever had because it’s about a serious matter.  But, I prefer to stay by Yesung hyung side instead of attending the discussion. It doesn’t matter if hyung’s asleep because I could just look at his sleeping face.

 Would they allow me to stay by hyung’s side? Of course they wouldn’t! So I don’t even need to ask for that.

Teukie hyung being the oldest ordered us around, to get pens, notebook or paper, laptop or whatever we could use to surf the internet.  Most of us looked through the internet for more information and how to help hyung cope up with his current situation whiles the magnae was in-charged in jotted down what we’ve found. And guess who the lucky magnae?? It’s me! Ahh I hate writing~~

 

But still thanks to the internet that we knew what to expect and to do and the most important is, to avoid.  I earnestly jotted down everything that I felt important.

So, in the middle of our discussion, suddenly Shindong hyung raised his hand. Did he really need to raise his hand to talk? Ohhh whatever…then he asked, “Why are we talking so slow? I couldn’t even hear you guys that well.” Yesss! Finally someone asked that for me.

“So that Yesung wouldn’t wake up from his sleep because of our voices, that’s why.” Teukie hyung obliviously answered before intended to start the discussion again. However, something made him stop and within that few seconds…I know this would happen. Our first crybaby, claim himself as hyung’s jeokumani! Or whatever it is, like I care!

“Hyung…” he called, already tearing.  Then I looked at our second crybaby, Eunhyuk shii. He keeps blinking his eyes obviously trying hard not to let his tears escape his eyes. Our ugly Eunhyuk shi, he looks so pitiful and of course, ugly. Aigooo!!

“Ahh…I forgot our Yesung can’t hear us…I’m sorry.” Once I heard that, I cursed myself. Our members really love our Yesung…

“Yah! Magnae! Were you smiling just now??” Heechul hyung who just got back from his service I guess, asked me. I didn’t know when he was there but I’m sure he saw me grinning just now, its all because of Lee Hyuk Jae! “No, I’m not hyung.” I said, charging my innocence to the max and being the magnae they’re always fall for it.

 

I shouldn’t act like that but the truth was, I just want to avoid thinking and worrying about hyung for a moment. The moment when hyung‘s asleep, because once he awake I would start to worry about everything. Everything on how to treat him, how to talk to him, how to act in front of him so he wouldn’t feel inferior, what I should and shouldn’t do together with him, what I should and shouldn’t talk about, what to watch…what...What…wouldn’t it be awkward?

 

So, at the end of the discussion, Teukie hyung wrapped things up based on what I’ve jotted down. For the time being, we agreed to never mention anything related to singing or listening to a song or music, not talking too fast to hyung and make sure he saw our lips when talking to him and make sure we face him when we’re talking to him. Never call hyung when we’re not facing him, never laugh in front of him without telling him the reason to and few other things. Other than that, we’ve also found few assisting device that could help hyung aware of his surroundings like a flashlight for the doorbell, phone’s ringing, and few more.

 

As soon as Teukie hyung dissmissed us, he and Heechul hyung went straight to hyung’s room. I wanted to tag along but Siwon hyung pull me down to sit beside him. “Let the hyung goes inside, you stay here.” Siwon hyung ordered me. “Why can’t I go inside with them? Why?” Siwon hyung seems startled as I asked him. “So, you wouldn’t disturb or snuggle onto Yesung hyung.” Sungmin hyung added. “I won’t! I’ll just sit by his side and hyung loves it if I stay by his side when he’s asleep. He said that to me.” I defended myself, “Why would I disturb hyung’s sleep when he need to rest. I’m not that evil.” I could see most of them snorted at me but Siwon hyung just lightly tapped my thigh and smiled. “Let the hyungs go first, so Yesung hyung could talk to them. You can have your time later.” Here we are, Choi Siwon. I know he’s deadly wanted to go inside that room too. So, don’t try to soothe me up. It’s not working. “Kyu ah, don’t give me that look. Yesung hyung not even talking to you just now right? So let the hyungs have a slow talk with him first.” What kind of look? I didn’t give him any look. Ahh whatever…

 

Teukie hyung might not let me get close to hyung, he always did that whenever hyung was sick…saying I will only hurting him more, burdening him, disturbing his rest or whatever he could say more. Annoying!