2.

WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT

p/s: the ITALIC part - when Yesung can't hear anything.

 

Yesung got three days off until his forehead healed.

 

He was sitting on the couch with Kyuhyun and Siwon watching a show where Ryeowook’s singing skill been tested.

 

“Hyung, both of us have won and so do Ryeowook. So why don’t we perform as KRY and win again? I want to feel that again, you know the feel to be a winner.” Kyuhyun asked and Siwon nods agreed.

 

“Really? Sure. I’ll tell manager hyung later.” Yesung felt excited and so do his dongsaengs. He was looking at his dongsaengs who were excited talking to each other when suddenly he heard nothing. It was extremely quiet, he froze.

 

‘Is the sounds broken? If it’s broken then why they didn’t say anything? Didn’t do anything about it?’ Yesung thought to himself then grabbed the remote control from the magnae’s lap. He didn’t want to miss out Ryeowook’s performance so he hastily turned up the volume.

 

Suddenly the magnae snatched the remote control from him, “Hyung? That’s too loud. Even if you love Ryeowook’s voice there is no need to turn up the volume to the max.” Kyuhyun said obviously annoyed by the loud sound.

 

Yesung froze, he just staring at the magnae’s face.

 

‘Is he talking to me? Why I didn’t hear anything? His lips moved looks like he’s talking to me but why I can’t hear his voice? Ahhh he must be playing prank on me.’ Thinking that made Yesung smirked.

 

“Kyuhyun ah, don’t play…” Yesung stopped talking once he realized he can’t hear his own voice. “Kyuhyun ah?” he tried again facing the magnae but still hear nothing. “Kyuhyun ah?! Kyuhyun ah! Siwon? Siwon ah!” Yesung shouted as loud as he could, but still can’t hear his own voice.

 

“Don’t yell, I’m not deaf yet.” Kyuhyun answered while Siwon just keep staring at their hyung weird.

 

Kyuhyun! Cho Kyuhyun!Siwon!!” Yesung keep shouting his dongsaeng’s name as he gets terrified.

 

“What’s wrong with you? Hyung!” Kyuhyun asked rather worried while grabbing his hyung’s tiny shoulder.

“Are you feeling unwell hyung? Is your head hurting? It’s already healed.” while Siwon keep staring from the side because Yesung looked kind of disoriented.

 

Yesung felt terrified, he could see both Siwon and Kyuhyun lips moved, obviously talking to him but he could hear nothing.  

 

“Are you okay? Is something wrong?”  Kyuhyun asked this time with their fingers intertwined.

 

“Hyung?” Siwon grabs Yesung’s upper arm to attract the elder’s attention to face him.

 

“What’s …” Siwon was startled as Yesung suddenly pushed him aside before he could ask further.

 

“I’ll be in my room, I want to rest a bit.” Yesung said and dashed to his room.

 

After Yesung left, Siwon turned to look at the magnae, pointed to Yesung’s trail and raised his brows.

 

“Don’t ask me. How would I know?” both of them staring blankly at the TV losing interest at the show even though Ryeowook was in it.

 

****

 

Yesung need to escape from his overprotective dongsaengs, before both younger could interrogate him further, before he could figure out what really happened to him.

 

He locked his door and slowly sat at the edge of his bed, confused of what have just happened to him. He scared to make any sound, he scared to even clear his throat, he scared to even breathe louder and that’s because he scared if he can’t hear any of it.

 

‘What’s wrong with me?’ he questioned himself.

 

He looked at his fingers then took few minutes before cautiously snapped his fingers. ‘fingers snapped.’

He snapped again, ‘fingers snapped.’

He started to feel scared as he couldn’t hear the sound.

 

After a while, he cleared his throat, covered and uncovered both of his ears to listen for any differences. ‘I can’t hear anything…’ He gets freaked out and tears started flooding in his eyes with his heart thumping so fast.

 

He looked around to find his phone near the pillows. It took him a while to grab the device and plugged the earphone to his ear not to let his dongsaengs outside hear what he’s doing, pressing the play button, he bit his lower lip. ‘There’s no sound! No sound!’ He got frustrated and mad thus turned up the volume to the max.

 

“Arghhhh!!!” He screamed as the loud sound seems hurting his eardrum. “What’s wrong with me?!!” Unconsciously he screamed and threw away his phone.

 

 

Shocked to hear the sudden scream, Kyuhyun and Siwon rushed to the elder’s room, frantically knocking the door.

 

“Yesung hyung? Is something  wrong?” Siwon asked rather calm.

“You’re acting weird today.”Are you okay hyung? What’s wrong?” The magnae asked anxious and tried to open the door but he got angry when he can’t open it.  “Why I can’t open the door? Did you lock the door hyung? Why do you lock the door? Open up, since when you lock the door? Open up!!” Kyuhyun sounds mad but at the same time worried.

 

Even if the dongsaengs shouting his name, demand him to open the door by knocking the door loudly, Yesung was unaware of all of that.

 

‘What should I do? Ahh maybe the sound is broken? Is it possible?’ Yesung thought thus checked his phone. ‘Of course it’s possible. I should tell Siwon. Siwon will fix it for me.’ Yesung forced a smile, denying the fact that he can’t hear.

 

Yesung keep walking to reach the door and as he unlocked the door, Kyuhyun and Siwon popped up in front of his face. The time seems to stop for few second before the magnae started talking again, softly.

 

“Are you okay hyung? Are you hurting?” Yesung blankly stare at the magnae’s face.

“Why did you scream just now?” It’s Siwon this time.

 

Instead of answering the questions that didn’t reach his eardrum, Yesung slowly showed his phone in front of his dongsaengs face, “My phone….its broken.” Kyuhyun and Siwon were startled to know that, the unexpected answer. “Its broken…it doesn’t make any sound. Fix it for me.” Yesung shoved his phone towards Siwon’s chest.

 

“Bro-Bro..Broken??” Siwon was confused by the sudden request but took the phone before Yesung closed the door, again.

 

Thus make both of them, froze, and stared at the closed door.

 

“So, he’s screaming because his phone broken?” Siwon asked the magnae who then grab the phone from Siwon’s hand.

 

“Is it broken?” Kyuhyun asked and randomly play a song then tested the sound setting and it only took few seconds for them to realize that the phone was fine.

 

They looked at each other before knocking the door again. “Hyung, your…” Kyuhyun bit his lips as he couldn’t open the door. Obviously Yesung locked the door again.

 

Siwon the magnae’s back, gestured asking the magnae to take a deep breath, “Take a deep breath…inhale…exhale… there’s nothing to get mad at…” At first, Kyuhyun glared the elder but then he followed like a good boy. “Okay, good. Let’s ask him again, shall we?” Siwon said.

 

“Hyung?” Siwon called while trying to twist the doorknob but it’s still locked.

“Yesung hyung? Are you sleeping?” Siwon asked again while looking at the magnae.

“What are you doing hyung? Can you open the door for us?” Siwon asked with a forced smile.

“What he’s doing inside actually?” Kyuhyun mumbled.

“Hyung, there’s nothing wrong with your phone. Open up so you can take a look at it. Open the door hyung.” Siwon asked again while the magnae keep tapping his foot slowly losing his patience.

“Hmm, hyung? Are you okay? You’re not fainted or what not inside right? Is your head hurting? If its hurt then let’s go to the hospital or do you want painkiller? Its your head hurting right hyung? Its okay to get sick, get hurt, its normal. Just come out will you?” Siwon asked and he started to worry.

 

“Hyung? Yesung hyung? Ahhh…really!! Open up now or I’ll break the door. Is it difficult to just open the door? Once you take your phone, once we confirm you’re fine then you can lock the door again and no one will get mad. So why don’t you just walk to the door slowly and open the door for us? Now? Can you do that hyung? It’s not that hard right? You never lock your door hyung so just open up right now okay? I won’t yell, I won’t hit you of course so just open the door.” Kyuhyun nagged at the closed door.

 

Then Siwon poked the magnae, “Kyu, don’t you have spare keys?” Kyuhyun quickly stared at the elder. “Hyung! Why you didn’t just ask me tomorrow? You should ask me earlier! Aish.” Kyuhyun rushed to their manager’s room followed by Siwon.

 

 

While both of them looking for the key, they heard a voice.

 

“Yesung ah, have you eat?” its Kangin’s voice. Thus both of them sprinted to their hyung’s room and shocked to see the door was widely open. They could only stare at the so call sweet bromance in front of their eyes where Kangin was caressing Yesung’s hair.

 

“Oh? Both of you are home? I thought…” Kangin said as he saw both younger but startled as Kyuhyun marched towards Yesung.

 

“Why did you lock the door? What were you doing just now? Is it so difficult to open the door? Tell me, why did you lock the door? You were doing something right? What was it? Or you’ve hurt somewhere? Where? Tell me where is hurting. Your head? Your back? Hip? Neck?” Kyuhyun held Yesung’s hand and keep swaying the elder to have a better look all over his body.

 

“Kyu…” Siwon called to make the magnae stopped but failed when he started questioning again.

 

“Headache? No? Dizzy?” Kyuhyun asked and asked but got nothing as the answer. “Tell me hyung, stomach ache? Your throat? No? Your ear?” this time Kyuhyun have his hands cupped the elder’s face.

 

“Don’t you think you’re over reacting Kyu?” Kangin asked.

“Yes, Kyu. Yesung hyung seems fine to me.” Siwon added.

“He’s not fine, I know.” Kyuhyun said still got his eyes on Yesung’s. Surprisingly Yesung could read the magnae’s lips as they face each other and the magnae talked slowly.

“Something is wrong, right hyung?” Kyuhyun asked Yesung. The room becomes so quiet until Yesung nod slowly and that make all eyes on him.

 

 

 

“I know it, mind to tell me?” Kyuhyun voice softens, almost whispering but Yesung can’t read his lips. “Tell me? Are you not well?I know something is wrong with you once you locked the door. You never locked the door when I’m around right?” Yesung tried to focus to read the magnae’s lips but failed and he felt dizzy instead. “Are you hurt somewhere?” and again Yesung failed to read the lips.

 

“What is it hyung? Tell me. Don’t just staring at my face, I would never know if you didn’t tell me.” Kyuhyun said in a verge of crying, he could feel something is wrong with his hyung and knowing it might be bad based on how his hyung acting, he felt terrified. “Tell me, will you? Or should I bring you for check up?” Kyuhyun pleaded.

 

“It won’t be that bad, Kyu ah. Don’t worry, right hyung?” Siwon who stand behind Yesung asked.

“If it’s not that bad, he should tell us right away.” Kyuhyun argued glared at Siwon.

“You’re just over reacting Kyu.” Kangin added.

“I’m not! I could feel something is wrong. I know him.” Kyuhyun said, back to see Yesung’s in a verge of crying.

“Then, we don’t know him? You should think before…” Kangin stopped arguing as he realized Yesung was crying. “Yesung ah, what’s wrong with you?” He quickly asked his friend.

 

“Is it hard to tell us?” Kyuhyun asked.

“I…I can’t” Yesung stuttered.

“You can’t what?” Kyuhyun couldn’t wait.

“Let him finish.” Siwon told the magnae.

“I can’t hear…” Yesung said then facing down the floor.

“You…you can’t hear? What do you mean you can’t hear?” Kangin asked anxious, Siwon startled while Kyuhyun took few second to think back what have happened that day.

 

“I can’t hear anything….” Yesung mumbled but enough to be heard by everyone in the room.