chapter 2

Destiny

"I think I'll be a SONE."

"Eh?! I'm a Boice."

"Come on, let's be SONEs, we're twins!?"

"But I like their music better."

"What in the world are you two talking about?!" Hyunnie exclaimed as she came upon the twins at their observation post.

The two girls looked up at her as they paused in their argument, smiling sheepishly.

Hyunnie flopped down beside them, folding her wings neatly behind her.

"How about you unnie? What are you?" HeRan asked.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," Hyunnie replied as she cleared some cloud puffs away from their watch hole.

"Ask me, ask me!" Jonghoon interrupted as he jumped from behind his hiding place. He straightened his wings that had been cramped as he hid from the girls.

Hwayoung sighed and turned around.

"Shut up Hoonie, we already know," she snapped, then turned back to her sisters.

"Man, those girls are pretty. I wish my mom's one of them, too," Hoonie sighed as he sat beside the three girls.

Hwayoung shook her head at Hoonie.

"No loyalty to your Daddy? tsk, tsk.. No loyalty at all."

"Hey, I'm just looking around for my mommy, too, you know," Hoonie said as he shrugged his shoulders.

Hyunnie remained silent as she continued her watch, listening to the others' conversation in the background.

She knew exactly what they were talking about, but she was concerned about more important things at the moment.

Mommy and Daddy were meeting again soon, though they were not aware of it. Hyunnie had to be on guard, because she had to make sure everything went smoothly.

She was still a bit confused about this "show." It was supposed to be a pretend marriage between two strangers.
Well, Mommy and Daddy aren't exactly strangers...

She was looking forward to their meeting again.

Do they even remember each other? It's only been a couple of weeks...

"Unnie, what's going to happen now?" HeRan asked in a whisper.

"Mommy and Daddy are meeting tonight," she whispered back.

"Why are you guys whispering?" Hoonie whispered as he interrupted them.

"This is a very important moment, Hoonie, so please be quiet," Hwayoung replied as her sisters remained silent, observing the scene from below.

Jonghoon crossed his arms and pouted, but curiosity got him. He quietly dropped down on his tummy and joined the three girls in their watch.

My daddy's there, too, anyway... he thought as they watched in anticipation.



Seohyun clasped her hands tightly as her nerves got to her. Feelings of regret suddenly crept in, and she felt slightly nauseous.

What was I thinking? I'm not ready for this, she thought as she held her hands to her warm face.

She rummaged in her bag for her diary, then paused as she remembered a certain pair of handsome eyes. She blushed and fanned her hot face. This is driving me crazy! she thought, continuing to fan herself.

Three little cupids giggled at the back seat of the van. They found their Mommy cute when she was this nervous.

"Unnie, this is giving me butterflies in my tummy!" HeRan giggled as she held a hand to her belly.

Hwayoung was equally laughing as she fell on her side on the seat.

Hyunnie smiled as she felt their mommy's heartbeat. Her heart was beating so fast, it felt like a horse race.

I wonder what happens when she realizes who's going to be her husband, Hyunnie thought, her smile widening even more.

She remembered the exact moment her parents met a couple of weeks ago. Well, it was more like bumping into each other accidentally. Oh, fine, I made them bump into each other, Hyunnie thought.

But that's not the important part. She remembered how their eyes met; how her Daddy smiled, how her Mommy stopped breathing, and how both heartbeats jumped, stopped and raced at the same time.

The moment made her little angel wings flutter so much, she lost a few feathers.

If it happens again tonight, then there's no doubt about it. They LIKE each other already.

Hyunnie sighed in happiness.

Ahh, destiny... please don't play games with me. I really want my mommy and daddy to be happy.

She got out of her musings as she heard louder giggles from the twins.

"What? WHAT?!" she asked eagerly.

"Mom~my -- haha -- oh my -- She's so cute --" HeRan gasped between words and giggles. Hwayoung was still collapsed on the seat, laughing uncontrollably.

Hyunnie smiled at the twins, then peeked at her mommy.

She was reading her diary and practicing some questions. It felt like an interrogation.

Aigoo... Hyunnie couldn't help but join the twins in their spazzing.

Good luck to you, Daddy, I hope you're ready.



Hoonie stared at his daddy, who was nervously tapping his feet on the floor.

Wow, I'm so lucky. I hope I'll look like him when I'm born, he thought as he continued staring, tilting his head to one side.

"Yah Hoonie! What are you doing here?!" Hyunnie hissed as she perched herself beside him on the table.

"Hey, you girls aren't the only one excited to meet their parents," Hoonie hissed back. "My daddy's here, too. Where are the twins?" he asked as he looked around.

"I left them with mommy. I think I might be needed here," Hyunnie winked. She smirked as she pointed towards her daddy.

He was sitting in his chair beside Hoonie's daddy, bent forward with his head between his knees.

"Hyung, are you alright?!" one of the giants said as he pat her daddy's back.

"Minhyukkie, of course he's okay, he's our cool hyung," the other giant answered, smacking her daddy as well.

"Yah~~ Jungshin~~ah~ are you~~making~~fun~~of me?!" her daddy spoke between gasps from between his knees.

Hoonie's daddy smacked her daddy on the back.

"Relax hyung. With you hyperventilating, you might lose consciousness before you even get to meet your wife," he added, laughing at his hyung.

Hyunnie giggled. Her daddy was really funny, even when he's nervous.

This is going to be fun!



HeRan fanned Mommy's hot, flushed face with her tiny hands. She was getting out of the van, carrying her bag and her blanket.

"What's with the blanket?" Hwayoung asked her twin as they followed their Mommy into the building.

HeRan shrugged her tiny shoulders in answer. She just saw the giant who was in the same band with their Daddy, but their father was nowhere to be seen.

The twins looked at each other in panic.

"What's happening?" Hwayoung asked her with wide eyes.

HeRan began to feel their daddy's presence nearby. She suddenly grinned and pointed out something to her twin.

"Oh, he's here alright. He's hiding, and hyperventilating," she said as she dragged her twin to where their daddy was sitting on the floor, his head between his knees, with Hoonie's daddy and the other giant trying to calm him down.

Hyunnie and Hoonie were there, too, hovering above the group.

"Unnie, we need to help him," HeRan told her sister anxiously.

Daddy was taking rapid, deep breaths now, and his arms were stiff.

Hyunnie grabbed her sisters' hands and dragged them down to the floor.

"For someone so handsome and charismatic onstage, Daddy's just another shy guy," Hyunnie whispered, shaking her head in amazement.

The twins giggled in agreement.

"On the count of three, girls. 1-2-3-"

Tiny kisses flew in the air and touched their daddy's face. The heaving stopped after a few moments.

"Are you alright, hyung?" Jonghyun asked after a few seconds.

Yonghwa gave one last sigh.

"Let's do this," he whispered, determination rolling off his voice.



"What are the chances that Mommy's gonna choose Daddy?" Hyunnie asked Hoonie as they watched the scene unfold. The twins sat beside them, silent with anticipation.

Daddy and his friends were really goofy, and they were asking Mommy to choose among them.

Hoonie scrunched his forehead in concentration.

"Uh-oh," he whispered in a worried voice.

"What?" Hyunnie whispered back.

"Ummm... He likes her...," he answered, still with that anxious tone.

"Well of course he likes her, they're gonna be my parents after all," Hyunnie hissed back.

Hoonie shook his head at her as he stretched out an arm and pointed.

"No, I meant, HE likes her," he said, pointing at Hyunnie's daddy. "And so does he, and he," he continued, pointing at the two giants, "and HE," he added with a sigh, pointing at the grinning face of his daddy. "Has there been news about us being siblings?"

Hyunnie's mouth formed into an O as she realized what he was saying.

She looked back at the scene with a frown, trying to think clearly.

And then she smiled.

Turning towards Hoonie, she pat his tiny shoulders.

"So what if they all like Mommy? That's good right?" she said as she stood up and opened her cherub wings.

"Besides, I really don't care. Mommy chose Daddy," she said smugly, flying off towards the scene with the purple blanket.

That's all that matters for now, Hyunnie thought, shooting tiny heart bubbles in the air.

That's all that matters.