I Need You Now - Part 1

I Need You Now [Three-shots]

Part 1

 

Donghae looks at the pictures scattered on the floor, the memories of him and Hyukjae being together all those years.

A lot of their friends and acquaintance say they are a ‘picture perfect couple’ and funny how both strongly agree on that.

But that was then...

Now, Donghae sits on the floor of his newly rented apartment staring at the pictures of him and his lost love.

As much as Donghae wants to cry, his tears are long gone.

They have been apart for almost two years.

Now, he is back...

As much as Donghae wants to see Hyukjae, hear his voice, caress his face and kiss those plump lips, he can’t, because he clearly remembers the last words he said before they separated...

 

After graduation, Hyukjae and Donghae planned to live together once they start earning money. But then before that even happens, Donghae got accepted in a university in the US and offered him a 2-year Scholarship Program with free board and lodging and a job for him to earn extra money.

Donghae told Hyukjae about it and the latter was proud of his boyfriend never knowing the troubles they will be facing in their relationship.

As time goes by, Donghae’s departure is nearing and Hyukjae is secretly agonizing on the possibilities that he and Donghae’s relationship will falter once they are apart from each other. They are not used to it after all. That is when they started having arguments one after the other.

 “Long distance relationships never work!” Hyukjae shouted with frustration.

“Then we’ll make it work!” Donghae shouted back failing to control his patience. He’s been trying his best to assure Hyukjae that things will work out between them even if they are apart.

“I don’t want to have false hopes, Hae.”

“Why are you being negative about this?” Donghae asked with concern.

“I’m just stating the possibility.”

“Then let’s oppose it! Let’s work things out like what we always do!”

“But it’s different now.” Hyukjae murmured looking at the floor trying to hold back his tears.

“Hyukkie, look at me.” Donghae held Hyukjae’s face to look at him, “Nothing is going to happen in our relationship, it will never change.”

“...”

“Besides, the only difference is that we’ll be living in two different countries but there’s always video call and the internet.”

“Hae”

“Yes?”

“Please s-stay...” Hyukjae suddenly uttered with pleading eyes.

“...”

“P-please?”

“Hyukkie, you know this has been a dream of mine even before we met and now I have the opportunity-”

“I know... I’m sorry...” Hyukjae confirmed as he starts crying.

“I know you understand... Don’t cry... you’re making me cry, too...”

“That is why...” Hyukjae halts and stared directly at Donghae’s eyes then said, “I really think its best if we just let go-“

“What are you talking about?”

Hyukjae inhaled deeply and said, “Let’s break up.”

“That’s nonsense Hyuk!” Donghae shocked at what Hyukjae said as tears starts to fall on his cheeks.

“I’ve been thinking about it a lot-“

“No Hukkie! We are not breaking up! Why are you being so persistent?”

“Look. Just listen to what I have to say.”

“...”

“I know its wrong for me to ask you to stay, I’m really sorry about that... That is why I’m doing what is best for us.”

“How would you know what’s best for us?”

“I thought about it more than you can imagine!” Hyukjae said while trying his best to wipe away the tears that has been flowing continuously.

“No you’re not!” Donghae shouted still denying the situation.

“Just accept it Hae...”

“No! Please Hyukkie, I can’t live without you!” Donghae cried out.

“You can Hae! You lived the first 17 years of your life without me and you were absolutely fine when I met you. Of course, you can still live more years doing that so you can accomplish your dream.”

 “That’s really what you want?” Donghae asked in a low voice.

“Y-yes” Hyukjae stuttered trying to look away from Donghae’s fuming eyes.

“...”

“From now on don’t try to contact me. You choose to leave then let’s face the fact that we are over.” Hyukjae said firmly this time.

“Fine. I promise I will not try to contact you once I get out of this room. Happy now?!” Donghae hesitantly agreed as he leaves Hyukjae’s house crying and never looking back.

“I’m sorry Hae... I-it’s for your own good...” were Hyukjae’s last words as he collapses on the floor.

 

To be continued...