I Need You Now - Part 2

I Need You Now [Three-shots]

Part 2

 

Hyukjae is in a club partying with his colleagues. One of his seniors is celebrating his birthday and he begged Hyukjae to come with them and enjoy just for the night. The said celebrator, Leeteuk, is not just Hyukjae’s colleague but also a close friend from college and hyung he respects and cares about. Leeteuk knows that its hard for his dongsaeng to come to a club especially with the memories it will bring back to the latter but he wants to try to bring Hyukjae’s interest in dancing again. Besides, its one thing Hyukjae loves to do.

Hyukjae used to love hanging out in clubs and dancing all night long. That is when he still has Donghae to dance with. But since Donghae left he started to drift away from such places just to prevent himself from recalling the memories he had with his ex-boyfriend.

Hyukjae and Donghae love to dance. They actually met through dancing. They were both trying to audition for the Dance Club and since the applicants are called alphabetically they were seated beside each other and will also perform one after the other. They start chatting and got to know each other while waiting for their turn to perform. And that is the start of their friendship that unexpectedly turned into a relationship envied by many, especially by their friends, who are sole witnesses of their love and care for each other.

“Hyuk, what are you doing here? Why don’t you join the rest and dance?” asked Leeteuk.

“No, hyung. I’m fine here. Besides I’m too tired to dance.” Hyukjae answered with a ‘please-just-let-me-be’ tone.

“Ok. Have fun getting bored.” Leeteuk said messing Hyukjae’s hair implying it as a joke.

 

Donghae reached for his phone and dialled an old friend’s number hoping the said person will be helpful enough to tell him everything he wants to know about his ex-boyfriend.

He tried to avoid news about Hyukjae during the time he was away thinking its a good way to forget about the red head and moving on would be easier. But then he was wrong because it only made him long for the love of his life more especially now that he is back in Seoul and he knows that Hyukjae is just a few miles, kilometres or maybe even just meters away from him.

Donghae heard the ring from the other line until someone answered his call.

“Hello?”

“...” Donghae could not let himself open his mouth not knowing what to say to the person on the other line.

“Hello? Who’s this?”

“S-Siwon?”

“Who is- Donghae? Is that you?”

“Yeah?”

“Thank God you called! It has been a while since we last talked. How are you?”

“Uhm, I’m fine. I just want you to know that I’m back.”

“Really? You’re back in Seoul?”

“Yes.”

“Since when? Why didn’t you call us? We could have picked you up at the airport.”

“No need. I just got back this morning.”

“Oh! Ok.”

“Siwon-ah, can we meet tonight? I’ve been wanting to patch things up and ask you about...”

“About who? Hyukjae?”

“Well, yeah?”

“I knew someday you’re going to do that and i guess that someday is now.”

“So can we meet now?”

“I just got out of work and I’m supposed to drop by Leeteuk hyung’s Birthday party. Do you want to come with me instead? They’ll be really happy to see you.” Siwon invited Donghae with hope that the latter will say yes.

Donghae wants to go and greet his hyung a ‘Happy Birthday’ but he’s not ready to face his friends yet. Not until he talks to the only person he wants to see so badly.

“I don’t think I can do that now. You know Leeteuk hyung? I don’t think he’ll let the night pass without interrogating me with questions that I’m not ready to answer right now.” Donghae said with a sorry tone.

“I think I’m already late anyway. So I guess let’s just meet up?” Siwon said sensing his friend’s discomfort.

They continue to chat a little and decided to meet at the cafe their group used to hangout which is near the University wherein they graduated.

 

Hyukjae was busy scanning the room looking for someone to talk to.

He was getting bored after all.

What surprised him is when he spotted one of his friends dancing like there’s no tomorrow. It seems like his friend is already drunk and needs to be taken care of.

Hyukjae suddenly thought of a way to leave the party, and that is to volunteer and take his drunken friend home.

Hyukjae then approached Leeteuk and told him about the situation. Leeteuk then looked at his drunken dongsaeng, now singing at the top of his lungs while dancing in the middle of the dance floor and immediately decided to let Hyukjae bring him home.

Hyukjae then approached his friend and talked to him slightly shouting for the other to hear him.

“Kyuhyun-ah, you’ve already had enough alcohol. Come on, I’ll bring you home.”

“Huh?” Kyuhyun tried to look at the person who was talking to him and smiled when he saw who the person was.

“Oh! Hyukjae hyung! I didn’t know you’re here? What were you saying?” Kyuhyun faced Hyukjae unconsciously shouting at him due to the loud music.

“I said. Enough drinking and I’ll take you home!”

“Oh! But I’m not done drinking yet. And I’m still enjoying myself here.” Kyuhyun said while turning his back on Hyukjae and started dancing with an unknown girl.

Hyukjae grabbed Kyuhyun’s wrist and dragged him away from the crowd.

 “What is your problem hyung?” Kyuhyun shouted obviously pissed.

“My problem is that you’re already drunk and you need to be taken home.” Hyukjae explained.

Leeteuk then saw his dongsaengs’ little argument and approached them.

“What is going on here?”

“Hyung, he wants me to go home! But I’m still enjoying the party!” Kyuhyun complained to Leeteuk like a little kid.

“Well, I actually observed that you’ve been drinking more than what you usually do. That’s why you’re already drunk this early. So you have no choice but to go home, unless you want to sleep here on the floor?” Leeteuk said with a warning.

“I told you brat!” Hyukjae added with a smirk. He likes it when Kyuhyun doesn’t get what he wants because that means he gets to tease the youngest.

“Fine.” Kyuhyun agreed slightly pouting.

“Well, then go now. Be careful on your way home.” Leeteuk advised as he leads the two men on the club’s front door.

“We will hyung. Happy birthday again! See you at the office.” Hyukjae said assuring Leeteuk.

“Yeah hyung I had fun!” Kyuhyun said with sarcasm in his voice as both Leeteuk and Hyukjae just tried to ignore him.

Hyukjae and Kyuhyun are now walking to the parking lot not until Kyuhyun stopped on his tracks and suddenly vomited right where he is standing.

“Oh man! Not now!” was all Hyukjae can say.

 

Donghae just got home after meeting with Siwon.

They were able to patch things up and he was lucky enough to let Siwon tell everything that happened in Hyukjae’s life while he was away.

 

Siwon said that it took Hyukjae a year before he started to go out on dates making Donghae flinch on his seat.

“But as far as I know, he still doesn’t have a boyfriend...”

“...”

“Not that I know of.” Siwon said with all honesty in his voice

“What do you mean?” Donghae asked full of curiosity.

“Just kidding.” Siwon said with a dimpled-smile.

“That’s not funny!”

“You’re too serious. Come on! Just relax...”

“Can i have his phone number and address then?”

“How did you know he changed his number? I thought you never tried to contact each other?” this time Siwon asked with curiosity in his eyes.

“Actually... I-I tried to call him once... A week after I left... But then when I called him, the line was already not in use. That is when I realized that he was serious about us not contacting each other...” Donghae revealed with a sad tone.

“Really? But wait-”

Siwon told Donghae that during that said week, Hyukjae broke his phone while he was rehearsing a stunt for his audition. Hyukjae was doing some spins and cart wheels when his phone accidentally slipped off his pocket and toppled on the floor.

Both males continue chatting and ended their talk with Siwon giving Donghae Hyukjae’s phone number and address...

 

Donghae is now dialling the numbers on his phone while trying to encourage himself on what he was about to do...

 

Hyukjae helped Kyuhyun get in the front seat of his car and helped him put on the seatbelt.

“Hyung, thank you.” Kyuhyun said with a sweet smile.

“Stop smiling like that. It doesn’t fit you!” Hyukjae said with annoyance then suddenly his phone rings. He got it from his pocket and looked at the caller ID showing an unknown number.

Hyukjae raised an eyebrow thinking who would call him at this time with an unknown number also thinking that it might just be a prank call but then he realized that it can also be an emergency call. He got into the driver’s seat and settled himself and the now ‘too mushy’ Kyuhyun first before answering the call.

“Hello?”

 

Donghae finally heard that voice. The voice that he has been longing to hear for so long but then his tongue got tied up and can’t even talk until he heard a familiar voice having sweet talks with his Hyukjae...

“Hyukkie hyung, thanks again! But I don’t want to go home! Can I stay at your place instead?”

Hyukjae got distracted with Kyuhyun’s words and tried to hush the younger male.

“Fine. I’ll let you sleep at my place.” Hyukjae agreed just to satisfy Kyuhyun and hoping to make him shut up.

“Really? Oh! That is why I love you so much!” Kyuhyun moved closer to Hyukjae and gave the other a tight thank you hug with a sloppy peck on the cheek.

As Kyuhyun was settled...

“Oh !” Hyukjae mumbled a curse remembering there was someone on the other line.

“Hello? Sorry about that...”

“...”

“Hello?”

“...”

Hyukjae dropped the call after several hellos but still no response from the other line thinking he might have dropped the call while taming Kyuhyun.

 

On the other hand, a jealous Donghae got furious with the conversation or as he assumed was some sweet talk and just decided to drop the call right after he heard a ‘muah’ sound.

This time tears started flowing freely from his eyes with him thinking that his crying was never enough since he and Hyukjae broke up.

‘I’m too late...’was all he thought.

 

To be continued...

 

 

 

Author’s note:

I honestly think this chapter is crappy and useless... 0_o

Anyways, as you can all see, this story will now have three parts.

I really wanted to finish it but then I needed to do some errands thus making me a little busy and not able to concentrate on writing the rest of the story.

I did finish writing some parts since I promised I’ll be posting this weekend, even though it’s a day late.

Sorry about that... :(

So the last part will be posted as soon as possible...

Maybe later? After I get inspired with Super Junior – M’s latest MV... Hehe... XD

Again, thank you for taking time to read this and I hope you'll take time to comment as well...

Silent readers are welcomed but not encouraged...