Chapter 3 ~captured!~

Staying Alive

Yamada laid Arisa on her bed. He silently smiled and brushed her hair away from her forehead. Her eyes twitched. She looked at him. Memories of the day’s incident ran fresh.

Arisa immediately raised her hand to her ears and started to hyperventilate. Yamada immediately recognized the signs of PTSD; he hugged her and started to comfort her.

Arisa wrapped her arms around him and suddenly started cry. Yamada’s eyes softened and he let her cry on.

In another room Chinen Yuri stood coolly in front of Nakajima Keisuke while Yuto stood in the corner glaring at them.

“What business do you have with me?” Nakajima looked at the boy.

“The experiment.... Arisa-San’s mother was the subject right?” Chinen asked.

Yuto immediately looked startled.

“Sigh... You are smart to figure that. I wanted to stop them, Kiyomi was pregnant and doing test on her then would harm her baby. I then, ran away that night with her in order to protect her.” Nakajima replied.

“Where is her mother?”

“She passed away. Arisa’s father is a close friend of mine; I could not bear to see his family being torn apart like this.”

Chinen was silent.

“Since you already figured out that Arisa is carrying the antidote... What do you plan on?” Nakajima asked.

“I don’t know. I don’t want to harm her.”

“Very truthful are you?”

“She is human not to mention, she is still a child. She will not be able to understand what’s going on. I want to protect her from them.” Chinen replied.

Yuto straightened and looked at Chinen. He looked earnest.

“I see...” Nakajima leaned forward.

~In Arisa’s room~

“He bit me and then... he... He...” Arisa sobbed in Ryosuke’s arms as he her hair.

“It’s alright Arisa... Its not your fault. Your ok.” Ryosuke said soothingly.

“Iiya... What am I? Why? Why...” Arisa shook her head and lifted her hands to her ears.

“Arisa, listen.... You are ok... Nothing is wrong with you. Arisa... Arisa...” Ryosuke pulled her hands away and made her face him.

Arisa looked at him. Tears rolled down her cheeks, her eyes were red. She continued to cry. Ryosuke felt his urge to protect her grow even stronger.

“Arisa, listen, Nothing is wrong with you. Calm down, your nii-Chan and I will never abandon you no matter what happens.” He cupped her face and looked earnestly in her eyes.

Arisa looked at him. She touched his hands that had cupped her face and nodded. Ryosuke smiled kindly and hugged her.

“Ryo-Chan... I am sorry I made you worry.” Arisa returned his hug finally calming down.

Ryosuke pulled away and ruffled her hair. A sudden force made him move closer to her face.

“Oi! RYOSUKE! What do you think you’re doing to my little sister?” Yuto’s voice stopped him.

“Eh? What? I was consoling her...Ouch!”

Yuto whacked Ryosuke on his head and then sat next to Arisa. Arisa looked at him.

“Ari-Chan, please don’t worry about what happened today. It was by coincidence that you were involved like that.” Yuto ruffled her hair.

“Demo oni-chan... I saw it. That man bit me and he suddenly died and nothing happened to me.” Arisa repeated.

Ryosuke and Yuto looked at each other. They sighed.

“You just happened to by chance develop antibodies against this virus. Nothing to worry about.” A voice spoke up.

Ryosuke and Yuto frowned to see Chinen enter the room and suddenly walk up to Arisa. Chinen sat near her and smiled at her kindly.

“Really? Is that all?” Arisa asked back.

“Un. So stop worrying unnecessarily.” Chinen smiled and then looked at the other two and walked out of the room.

“What are you planning on?” Ryosuke asked him as soon as they left Arisa’s room.

“Nothing. I don’t think it’s right to keep her in the dark regarding this.” Chinen replied nonchalantly.

“Stop acting! I know you are up to something!” Ryosuke replied angrily.

“Ryosuke... My father spoke with him already. Its true. Chinen-San really wants to help us in keeping Arisa safe.” Yuto replied.

Ryosuke looked away. Chinen watched him carefully.

“You. You are actually in love with Arisa-San aren’t you?” Chinen smiled.

Ryosuke looked at him and then looked away. He then walked away briskly to his room. Yuto sighed.

“How did you know?” Yuto asked.

“His behavior code. He is ready to do anything to protect Arisa without caring about anything else.” Chinen replied.

~Later that night~

Ryosuke stood outside the mansion. His thoughts were all about Arisa. When did he even start loving her? He did not remember. He just knew it started with the want of protecting her.

He just leaned back on the wall with his eyes closed. That Chinen guy was irritating him. He just seemed to say what was on his mind.

“Ryo-Chan?” Arisa’s voice drifted to him.

“Arisa.... What happened?” Ryosuke asked concerned.

“I calmed down so it’s okay now. Ryo-Chan... Are you ok?” Arisa asked back.

“Eh? What’s with that?” Ryosuke was shocked.

“You always walk outside when everything inside your head is confusing you. I know that aspect of yours.” Arisa replied.

Ryosuke smiled and looked at the moon. Arisa stood next to him. She silently placed her hand on his and clasped it.

Her tiny lips curved into a smile and she felt him return the pressure. He turned to her and suddenly pulled her into his arms.

She just smiled. He tightened his hold around her. He just wanted to hold her like this forever. Be by her side, love her---

<>

The sound from the garden separated the two. In front of them stood 4-5 men in black.

“So you found this place huh?” Ryosuke smirked and pulled Arisa behind him.

The men attacked suddenly. Ryosuke evaded them quickly and grabbed Arisa and began to run. Ryosuke quickly sent a message via his beeper to Yuto.

But, they were surrounded by the men. Ryosuke did his best to fight them but was outnumbered. He was being held by the men when they grabbed Arisa.

“Arisa!”

The placed a clothe to and she fainted. They punched Ryosuke and took her away. Ryosuke looked in shock.

“Arisa! No! Arisa!”

His scream ran through the mansion. He felt himself as a failure, being unable to protect the one girl he loved.